Bill Clinton speaks out on decision to support same-sex marriage

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Clinton speaks out on decision to support same-sex marriage « - Blogs from CNN.com

(CNN) — Former President Bill Clinton is speaking out about his decision to change his personal stance on same-sex marriage.

In an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper, the former president said that while he still believes the issue should be left up to the states, he is no longer personally opposed to same-sex marriage as he once was.

"I was against the constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage nation-wide, and I still think that the American people should be able to play this out in debates," Clinton said. "But me, Bill Clinton personally, I changed my position.

"I am no longer opposed to that," he added. "I think if people want to make commitments that last a lifetime, they ought to be able to do it."

Thoughts?

so a liberal that all conservatives hate takes a small government position that they can't seem to agree on. he even mentioned state rights! (which Rs only like if they agree with it). wonder how they will spin this.

good for him though, less government = better government

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinski".

Oh but I'm sure he's been telling the truth everyday since then.

Even if the government changes the definition of marriage its still not marriage.

marriage is just a contract between two people. once the government honors that contract the definition has changed

Even if the government changes the definition of marriage its still not marriage.

You'll sit in the corner and pout if we're allowed to marry, won't you?

Just because you say "I do" dont make it a marriage.

All things are not equal, a man and a man cannot be what a man and a woman are. So we come up with a word to describe what man and woman are, its married.

Now some gays (not all gays) are pouting in the corner. Pretty crazy logic, some gays want to be the same as a man and woman, one of the man will even pretend to be the "woman" in the relationship, talk about crazy.

So Clinton who never respected a marriage thinks its okay, brilliant.

Who gives a fuck what some ex President has to say. Just like another Jimmy Carter. Say or do anything to get back in the spot light.

New Topics

Forum List

Back