Bill Clinton: Obama Should Sound More Hopeful

well, you gotta admit,, it's hard to tell the difference in obamalama and chicken little innit?

Since Clinton was the most effective president since FDR it's pretty much Obama's cross to bear.

except he deregulated the banks and put pressure on them to loan money out to people who couldn't afford the loans.....

now we have this crisis.

and I forgot to mention Nafta.

I want a POTUS who keeps us informed about the TRUE state of affairs.

Do you folks NOT remember that just a few months ago the Republican line was that the economy was "fundamentally sound"?!

How'd that goofy optimism work out for us?

If you tell Johnny often enough that he is a no good idiot Johnny will believe he is a no good idiot, whether he is or not.

Do you folks NOT remember that just a few months ago the Republican line was that the economy was "fundamentally sound"?!

Out of curiousity... Would you like a President to at least read the bills he signs into law? Or does that matter to you? How can he truthfully tell the American people what's in the bill when he hasn't read it?

Out of curiousity... Would you like a President to at least read the bills he signs into law? Or does that matter to you? How can he truthfully tell the American people what's in the bill when he hasn't read it?

I am NO democrat, but did Bush read the Patriot act?

Bill Clinton: Obama Should Sound More Hopeful

You didn't listen to what bill said (you should watch the video on the first page): he didn't say that. He said the opposite (Obama should not sound more hopeful), that Obama should not let the people believe that everything is going well when it is certainly not going well.

Maybe...but I do NOT expect our POTUS to be an expert in every field.

What I expect is that by the time a bill is ready for consideration by those who must vote it up or down (that would be Congress and the POTUS) that that bill is vetted by experts, and that the people who vote on it understand the basic arguments for why it should or should not be enacted.

Most of that vetting takes place (one hopes) in the committees of Congress.

Now I DO expect that the members of committees will have read the bills which they are vetting, of course.

But I do not think every member of Congress, or even the POTUS will be able to read and fuilly understand every minuet detail of the bill.

They are, much like we are, dependent on the EXPERTS to help them cobble bills together.

I wonder if Obama is going to get tired of Bill giving him advice?

ABC News: Bill Clinton: Obama Should Sound More Hopeful

But Clinton added, "I just want the American people to know that he's confident that we are gonna get out of this and he feels good about the long run."

Obama is going to wear very thin very soon. His negativity only appeals to his choir which he is plainly singing to. It's the same phenomenon that keeps liberal talk from catching on in the airwaves. People get sick and tired of being sick and tired. Using the word CRISIS twenty five times in one speech says it all....

I remember 1976 when Carter was elected. I had voted for Ford but without much enthusiasm; he seemed to be a man of small ideas. I paid close attention looking for something positive in Carter’s election. He seemed to be a man of ideas; his constant smile, the fact that he at least seemed to be a scientist (a nuclear officer in the USN), that he was from a state politics rather than Washington’s, he was an outsider promising a government as good as those it governed, and he’d said wanted to do something about our energy problems. I don’t need to critique his job performance here.

But he turned out to be a pessimistic micro-manager, and not a delegator (he was always seen carrying his own briefcase around, even deciding who had permission to use the White House bowling alley, as we were to hear later) He was rejected after one term giving us Reagan who was an optimistic delegator, not given to micro-management, which turned out to be his biggest problem.

Obama certainly did not ‘micromanage’ the Stimulus bill, accepting without any changes what Pelosi’s House Democrats came up with; not a definition of leadership. So Obama seems to perhaps have two of the worst qualities of both Carter and Reagan.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back