Bill Clinton: More immigrants and value-added tax will reduce deficit

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
Really? And where are they going to get jobs Billy-Bob?

From The HILL Via Mark Levin

The U.S. needs more immigrants and a value-added tax to help reduce the deficit, former President Bill Clinton said Friday.

Clinton said the country was "mortgaging out a lot of our sovereignty" by using foreign creditors to pay for an "exploding" debt.

His recipe? More growth and revenue, fueled by immigrant workers and a controversial value-added tax.

"I think we're going to have to have more taxpayers, which is why I favor, in a disciplined way, immigration reform and letting more immigrants come to the country," Clinton told CNBC. "I think it would make more jobs for people who are unemployed, not fewer."

Mr. Clinton? More Jobs aren't going to be created until the Government gets out of the way by lessening taxation, and stop regulating businesses, and getting your fingers out of the pie that are Real Estate, and financial institutions.

And a VAT on top of an over-bloated taxation system? These people want their cake and eat it too.

In my opinion? This is smoke and mirrors. An excuse for more VOTERS for Democrat Statists. Mr. Clinton? You continue to be a thorn in the side of this Republic.

Which is why Britain has just elected a government who ran on clamping down on illegal immigrants.

And when VAT was introduced in the UK, the politicians told the British people that it would eventually replace income tax. Did it? Like hell it did. They now have both ever increasing national income tax, local income tax AND VAT.

Please learn from the stupidity of other countries.

The U.S. needs more immigrants and a value-added tax to help reduce the deficit, former President Bill Clinton said Friday.

Clinton said the country was "mortgaging out a lot of our sovereignty" by using foreign creditors to pay for an "exploding" debt.

His recipe? More growth and revenue, fueled by immigrant workers and a controversial value-added tax.

"I think we're going to have to have more taxpayers, which is why I favor, in a disciplined way, immigration reform and letting more immigrants come to the country," Clinton told CNBC. "I think it would make more jobs for people who are unemployed, not fewer."

Mr. Clinton? More Jobs aren't going to be created until the Government gets out of the way by lessening taxation, and stop regulating businesses, and getting your fingers out of the pie that are Real Estate, and financial institutions.

And a VAT on top of an over-bloated taxation system? These people want their cake and eat it too.

In my opinion? This is smoke and mirrors. An excuse for more VOTERS for Democrat Statists. Mr. Clinton? You continue to be a thorn in the side of this Republic.

You gotta love these guys.Let's spend money we don't have,then add a VAT tax to keep the people in debt so they will have to rely on government for everything.Then to stay in power they get the illegal immigrant vote to vote for who,well to vote for the Democrats who will give them stuff in return for their vote.:(

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Yeah....Bill Clinton needs your advice, on managing our economy.

:rolleyes:

I can just see all o' those Republicans rushing California's borders, tryin' to be first-in-line for produce-picking jobs.

:rolleyes:

(Kinda new to politics, are you?)​

You gotta love these guys. Let's spend money we don't have......
Yeah......that's worked (so well) in-the-past.

bush_republicard.jpg

Which is why Britain has just elected a government who ran on clamping down on illegal immigrants.

And when VAT was introduced in the UK, the politicians told the British people that it would eventually replace income tax. Did it? Like hell it did. They now have both ever increasing national income tax, local income tax AND VAT.

Exactly, once any tax of any kind is implemented it seems never to go away. Once we as citizens accept the hogwash many of these sleezy politicians use to steal our hard earned money we are forever "in their debt', or should I say, slaves to them.

It would seem they are moving forward to a point where we just work, eat and sleep only to get up and repeat the same thing over and over until we die, while they live the lifestyles of kings with all the benefits.

Like in the movie "Other People's Money" 1991 but with a twist, it's a hostile takeover of every citizen's earnings through taxation. They use other peoples money to live lifestyles most can only dream of. They vote themselves raises, with other peoples money, they have "Perks", with other peoples money, paying off their 'pork pals' with 'other peoples money'.

We know that 'other peoples money' (taxes),has to be used for infrastructure and such, but something has gone wrong when many of these 'hired and appointed hands' in government use their offices for their own agendas, building vast treasuries of untold surplus wealth, while the taxpayers suffer at the hands of their greed for pay and benefits and outright incompetence.

The politicians insatiable appetite for more money from the struggling masses will not be satisfied with the VAT, in this, or any other country. It just amounts to less money for the wage earner.

Exactly, once any tax of any kind is implemented it seems never to go away. Once we as citizens accept the hogwash many of these sleezy politicians use to steal our hard earned money we are forever "in their debt', or should I say, slaves to them.

It would seem they are moving forward to a point where we just work, eat and sleep only to get up and repeat the same thing over and over until we die, while they live the lifestyles of kings with all the benefits.

Like in the movie "Other People's Money" 1991 but with a twist, it's a hostile takeover of every citizen's earnings through taxation. They use other peoples money to live lifestyles most can only dream of. They vote themselves raises, with other peoples money, they have "Perks", with other peoples money, paying off their 'pork pals' with 'other peoples money'.

We know that 'other peoples money' (taxes),has to be used for infrastructure and such, but something has gone wrong when many of these 'hired and appointed hands' in government use their offices for their own agendas, building vast treasuries of untold surplus wealth, while the taxpayers suffer at the hands of their greed for pay and benefits and outright incompetence.

The politicians insatiable appetite for more money from the struggling masses will not be satisfied with the VAT, in this, or any other country. It just amounts to less money for the wage earner.

In Britain, VAT is current 17.5% on pretty much all goods, baring a few exceptions like children's clothes etc, but the economists here predict that it will rise to 20% in the emergency budget that the new Government is putting out in a month or so. The extra money will be used to help bring down the deficit over here.

Interestingly, when the UK government bailed out British banks, they did it by buying shares in the banks. Those shares are now going up in value so theoretically they should be able to raise a substantial amount when they sell. That was a smart move by the old Labor Government and it is a pity that the US Government did not do likewise.

Assuming that we get spending in line with revenues then yes, this might work.

The problem is that the moment we get our national economy on an even keel, Congress starts finding new ways to spend it.

We suddenly need to liberate some nation with oil or something, and then the budget goes back into the red.

We very nearly had a balanced budget, remember?

Then we went on an orgy of giving tax breaks to billionaires and ended up with TWO land wars in Asia, remember?

Then 9-11 happened and the nation was back to deficit spending?

And while this happened (this time) on the Republican's watch, I have absolute confidence that it could just as easily have happened on the Dems watch.

If there were a "catch phrase" that would embody the Tea Party Movement, and capture the imagination of the American People, it would be "We don't wanna be Europe", and that's the path that a VAT (tax) will take us on - Greece anybody? All the while Hillary says of her conversations with foreign leaders that we must "get our fiscal house in order," Bill is saying (implied) that we need to be more like Europe.

Bill says says a lot of things now that he didn't have the balls to say when he was president and he, personally, had elections to lose. I think they are anticipating the outcome of the president's "Debt Commisssion" which says that "everything is on the table".

The VAT in Greece is Greece, 21% (soon to be raised to 23% a 10% increase) and started at 4.5%

Last edited:
A VAT tax would hit those 47% of households that pay no federal income taxes, you know, the ones that conservatives around here were throwing a fit over the fact they didn't pay any taxes (and I'm guessing including a few on this board).

So conservatives should like this idea. Wring some money out of those lower income freeloaders.

A VAT tax would hit those 47% of households that pay no federal income taxes, you know, the ones that conservatives around here were throwing a fit over the fact they didn't pay any taxes (and I'm guessing including a few on this board).

So conservatives should like this idea. Wring some money out of those lower income freeloaders.
VAT is aggregiously regressive, and will hurt the people who are most vulnerable, both in cost of living and by reducing the availability of jobs. No one wants to "wring" money out of those people, just for them to have a stake in the economy so that they appreciate the meaning of what it is to pay taxes. VAT is a so called "hidden tax," that's why the left so desires it.

Last edited:

VAT is aggregiously regressive, and will hurt the people who are most vulnerable, both in cost of living and by reducing the availability of jobs. No one wants to "wring" money out of those people, just for them to have a stake in the economy so that they appreciate the meaning of what it is to pay taxes. VAT is a so called "hidden tax," that's why the left so desires it.

And *if* it is enabled? Good Luck getting rid of it. I've heard some say it's 'temporary' to reign in the deficit...sure...uh-huh...riiiiight.

When was the last government plan/entity that was "temporary"?

For those people to have a 'stake' in the economy, you'd have to regress the tax system. So if you want them to have a 'stake' in the economy, what is your specific preference of changing the tax system?

LOL this thread is great. "A vat tax is how to become europe" (because all of europe is in the EU LOL). Or better someone implying that a VAT tax is what caused Greece's issue, not American styled spending without American style backing (Yea greece, next time you start spending all the money you don't have, make certain you have kind yellow men backing you up).

Good god historian revisionists are awesome.

As for the original topic of the thread, this is stupid to even talk about, it's not like anyone can prove or disprove this, it just depends on your economic views which dictates how you think growth can be created and maintained.

Quit taxing and spending, for starters. [Such a no brainer] Get rid of the illegal violaters of our laws for citizenship, releasing jobs for Americans who will be paid more, if the free market is allowed back in. Stop continuing unemployment benefits to those who have quit looking for jobs. There are always jobs for eager searchers.

The Dems. will never do this because they want and need the dependency of those on welfare. [entitlements] It furthers the cause of a one world order global economy and redistribution of wealth.] Weaken the economy and slip right on in. Very clever, so far.

[When was the last government plan/entity that was "temporary"?

The Bush tax cuts are. They're largely responsible for so many lower income Americans not paying any income taxes. They largely expire next year.
Wait a minute....I thought those were "tax cuts for the wealthy"!

You'd best have a huddle with your Fabian fellow travelers and get your jabbering points straight.

We could have more tax payers, as Bill Clinton suggests, if we somehow got that 49% of the population who pays no taxes to begin to pay taxes. Who knows, if that same 49% of the population that pays no taxes began to pay taxes, maybe, just maybe, our taxes could actually go down or because Washington would suddenly have more money than they could spend they would be forced to begin to payback some of that money we owe China.

We could have more tax payers, as Bill Clinton suggests, if we somehow got that 49% of the population who pays no taxes to begin to pay taxes. Who knows, if that same 49% of the population that pays no taxes began to pay taxes, maybe, just maybe, our taxes could actually go down or because Washington would suddenly have more money than they could spend they would be forced to begin to payback some of that money we owe China.

And now China won't loan us anymore....ohhh how the world is laughing at us....:lol:

Forum List

Back