Bill Clinton - I get why she's Hot

I was wondering when the Clinton's were going to step forward! Hillary wants to run in 2012--if Obama gets elected her chances of EVER becoming President are zero to none.

I am 100% convinced that both Bill & Hillary believe McCain would make a much better President, than Barack Obama, regardless of their party ties & weak support.

Hillary likes John McCain--they have worked on bills together. Bill has great respect for John McCain.

Joe Biden--has stated John McCain would make a great President
Hillary Clinton--has stated John McCain would make a great President
Joe Liberman--has stated John McCain would make a great President

There you have it.

I don't know of anyone on the opposite side of the isle that has stated Barack Obama would make a great President?

Yeah, but John McCain is now a hack...

McCain 2K... would have gotten my vote.

McCain 2K plus 8... piece of garbage who's patriotism went out the window when he picked palin.

Wrong on the courts... wrong on the economy... wrong on foreign policy...

No matter how much Hillary wanted to be president, she wouldn't support ANY of the psycho views espoused in McCain's current incarnation.

Isn't it great to have one of the "greatest political minds and talents of our time" working on behalf of John McCain? He is working for him, right?

Here's Bubba on "The View" yesterday, leaving the gals in a state of slightly confused swoon as he finds no end of ways in which to praise John McCain while Barack Obama becomes little more than a parenthetical.

Elsewhere, Clinton commented on Palin's "hotness:"

"I come from Arkansas, I get why she's hot out there," Clinton said. "Why she's doing well." ...

"People look at her, and they say, 'All those kids. Something that happens in everybody's family. I'm glad she loves her daughter and she's not ashamed of her. Glad that girl's going around with her boyfriend. Glad they're going to get married.'"

Clinton said voters would think, "I like that little Down syndrome kid. One of them lives down the street. They're wonderful children. They're wonderful people. And I like the idea that this guy does those long-distance races. Stayed in the race for 500 miles with a broken arm. My kind of guy."​

"I get this," Clinton said. "My view is ... why say, ever, anything bad about a person? Why don't we like them and celebrate them and be happy for her elevation to the ticket? And just say that she was a good choice for him and we disagree with them?"

And, why say anything good about Obama? Um, ever?

On Letterman later that night, Clinton praised Biden, but skipped over Obama again. Here he is, responding to a question about the Palin pick:

McCain, one of the things that I like about him, and I think Americans like about him, is that he is an intuitive politician. and I think he instinctively thought that she would help him, No. 1, excite the people who were potentially his voters. and number two, demonstrate that he could be a change candidate... So he needed to somehow get people's attention. and I think he thought this would do it. and so and it certainly has been interesting. It's been interesting because it generated more enthusiasm on the part of Republicans and being active in politics—more had been giving to Sen. Obama, the enthusiasm gap closed and the only kind of potentially negative thing is you know, when you get a lot of emotion in a campaign it tends to generate more heat than light. And, right now we all need to be thinking here.​

The press has a couple courses of action, here, given that Clinton seems to be actively working against their goal, which is to elect Barack Obama. Do they do their best to ignore him entirely? That would certainly turn Clinton more vengeful than even the primary turned him, and let's face it, a former president named Bill Clinton could find a spotlight in the Marianas Trench. They could stop asking him questions about the Hillary pass-over, the Palin pick, and anything about John McCain. But that just leaves them with the option of asking about Barack Obama, and Lord knows what the man will say if you give him an excuse to spout off. For that matter, Lord knows what he'd studiously avoid saying such that it would become a news story regardless.

His talking points seem to be about the general admirability of John McCain and the political gifts of Sarah Palin, and he's not veering. Welcome to the team, Bill!

Update: Celebs turn on the Clintons, who now represent the tragically un-hip, media-bashed, old-and-busted brand of the Democratic Party to Obama's new hotness. They're the Republicans of the Democratic Party, bless their hearts. Chris Rock, appearing after Bill Clinton on Letterman last night, took the former president to task, reminding him that Hillary lost, while the Clinton team doubtless cringed and fumed backstage. Warning: The clip is from network TV, so it's safe, but observe a general Chris Rock warning of basic saltiness in content.

Posted by Mary Katharine Ham

The Weekly Standard

Does this reconcile Clinton in the eyes of the conservatives? Hell no! On the contrary it confirms everything we've ever said about Pres. Clinton, and her husband*: they are ruthless and self-motivated to the bitter end.

Yet how many here voted for them twice with the same fawning adoration they now lavish upon, The Twit? And yet they ignore another round of clarions about yet another deep-seated history of back room shenanigans.

The Twit had to see Bill after the 9/11 comemmoration, with hat in hand, to beg Bill's assistance in the election, if not simply ask he refrain running against him. It seems as if the "elder statesman" simply gave the would-be leader of the free world a bemused pat on the head and sent him off.

Face it, enclaves of PUMA's exist out there. They've been driven off from places like DKos and DU but for the most part they will hear these things and take their cues. This will leave The Twit, not as a great uniter, but as another south Chicago pol scratching dirty for every vote. The Twit has already abandoned his 50 state strategy and is scraping to buy a couple of points in places like NY, NJ and WI that should be solidly blue.

Worse still, since the Cintons are obviously bent on denying The Twit his place in the sun unless it involves working an Arkansas plantation. Could a President Twit expect an insurgency campaign mounted by Hillary to the narrative that the dems not endorse the re-election of such an impotent in 2012?

Ah-h-h...such Byzantine machinations stir the blood. I bet this has done wonders for the Clintons' sex life.

* It was a deliberate turn of phrase, you rubes.

The Weekly Standard

Does this reconcile Clinton in the eyes of the conservatives? Hell no! On the contrary it confirms everything we've ever said about Pres. Clinton, and her husband*: they are ruthless and self-motivated to the bitter end.

Yet how many here voted for them twice with the same fawning adoration they now lavish upon, The Twit? And yet they ignore another round of clarions about yet another deep-seated history of back room shenanigans.

The Twit had to see Bill after the 9/11 comemmoration, with hat in hand, to beg Bill's assistance in the election, if not simply ask he refrain running against him. It seems as if the "elder statesman" simply gave the would-be leader of the free world a bemused pat on the head and sent him off.

Face it, enclaves of PUMA's exist out there. They've been driven off from places like DKos and DU but for the most part they will hear these things and take their cues. This will leave The Twit, not as a great uniter, but as another south Chicago pol scratching dirty for every vote. The Twit has already abandoned his 50 state strategy and is scraping to buy a couple of points in places like NY, NJ and WI that should be solidly blue.

Worse still, since the Cintons are obviously bent on denying The Twit his place in the sun unless it involves working an Arkansas plantation. Could a President Twit expect an insurgency campaign mounted by Hillary to the narrative that the dems not endorse the re-election of such an impotent in 2012?

Ah-h-h...such Byzantine machinations stir the blood. I bet this has done wonders for the Clintons' sex life.

* It was a deliberate turn of phrase, you rubes.

The Letterman interview was intersting too-----he was just happy as a clam and upbeat. He's liking this stuff !!

Hillary Clinton lost her shot because of too much Bill too much of the time. He can't get it to figure out when it is time to just shut up.

Do you think 82% of the people in Alaska are extreme? Because that is the approval rating she enjoys in the state she governs.

Abso-freakin'-lutely, else why would they even live there, unless forced by MILITARY necessity????

I saw the interview. Your point? I think we all get why the extremists like her. she looks nice and says what they want her to say. So?

Oh... and President Clinton didn't use the word "hot", so why would you?

Probably for the same reason you say that Bush claims that God talks to him when he has never said that.

And the Christian majority of this country, and independents, aren't extremists. Maybe if you say it enough you'll manage to convince yourself, though.

wow alert the media...Bill Clinton acknowledged Palin has appeal...

I find it kind of telling that the dems acknowledge the appeal of Palin but the cons chalk up the appeal of Obama as just brainwashed idiocy.

Yeah, that must be why Jillie calls anyone who likes Palin an "extremist".

I saw the interview. Your point? I think we all get why the extremists like her. she looks nice and says what they want her to say. So?

Actually he did say "hot" and conservatives like her because she says what's on her mind. We also like it when liberal women say what's on their mind because it makes them so un-hot in spite of any physical attributes that they might have. :badgrin:

Actually he did say "hot" and conservatives like her because she says what's on her mind. We also like it when liberal women say what's on their mind because it makes them so un-hot in spite of any physical attributes that they might have. :badgrin:

Except feminism was invented to give ugly girls an excuse to socialize on Saturday nights.

Ever see Bella Abzug? Just as pretty as the name...ain't nobody pokin' that for fun.

I saw the interview... I don't need someone at fox news telling me WHAT I saw... although it's been suggested I'm incorrect about the use of the word "hot", but if he did, it certainly wasn't in the context YOU implied.

In other words, I'm not sure what the point is... Again, I think we all get why the wackies like her.

You do understand, right, that Palin did nothing for McCain but solidify the "base"? you know, the people who think global warming is "just
G-d hugging us closer" :cuckoo:

I just posted the story. You're the one who has made all the assumptions. Why?

You don't have to be an extremist to like Palin. Just a normally functioning brain. Extreme would be the ranting you extremists do about her.

You don't have to be an extremist to like Palin. Just a normally functioning brain. Extreme would be the ranting you extremists do about her.

Except that I'm not an extremist....And no matter how many times you say it, doesn't make it true.

You just forgot where the extremes are....

She's entitled to her beliefs...but they don't belong anywhere near the white house. She's an insult and any thought I had that McCain was still a patriot was wiped out when he chose her.

Is that extreme?

Forum List

Back