Bill Clinton agrees financial crisis is democrats fault

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/09/25/fox-news-blames-democrats-financial-crisis-bill-clinton-agrees

Going very much against the media meme that the current financial crisis is all George W. Bush and the Republicans' fault, Bill Clinton on Thursday told ABC's Chris Cuomo that Democrats for years have been "resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac" (video available here, relevant section at 2:45).

Now is anyone surprised that republicans were so outraged by Nancy Pelosi's partisan finger pointing speech today prior to the vote?

Last edited:
Fox News Blames Democrats for Financial Crisis, Bill Clinton Agrees | NewsBusters.org

Going very much against the media meme that the current financial crisis is all George W. Bush and the Republicans' fault, Bill Clinton on Thursday told ABC's Chris Cuomo that Democrats for years have been "resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac" (video available here, relevant section at 2:45).

Too bad trickle down was first used on the national level by a Republican. Aww too bad for your theory. FYI, just cause Bill Clinton says it does not mean it is right.

Fox News Blames Democrats for Financial Crisis, Bill Clinton Agrees | NewsBusters.org

Hard to argue with reality - it is their fault. Have to wonder why Clinton would actually tell the truth during an election year though. Of course if Obama loses and McCain dies in office -it leaves 2012 as another "wonderful" opportunity for Hillary to try and inflict herself on the nation again, doesn't it?

Hard to argue with reality - it is their fault. Have to wonder why Clinton would actually tell the truth during an election year though. Of course if Obama loses and McCain dies in office -it leaves 2012 as another "wonderful" opportunity for Hillary to try and inflict herself on the nation again, doesn't it?

Given the present economy, she would do better with McCain staying in office

Too bad trickle down was first used on the national level by a Republican. Aww too bad for your theory. FYI, just cause Bill Clinton says it does not mean it is right.

Well, ignore the fact that Bill Clinton was actually President for 8 years. Still deny it--put the ear plugs in--whatever you do--do not watch the video of his comments.

It may permanently make your eyes cross.

Oh--the denial of you liberals is absolutely blinding!!

Aha, more name calling. What am I in denial about? I must once again force you name callers to give your biased opinion so I could discredit them with fact. It is getting kinda old.

Given the present economy, she would do better with McCain staying in office

Hillary has a very good chance in 2012. Obama is set up to be a repeat of President Herbert Hoover. There is no chance a community organizer is going to solve an economic crisis of greater proportion. (US>some neighborhood in Chicago).

Aha, more name calling. What am I in denial about? I must once again force you name callers to give your biased opinion so I could discredit them with fact. It is getting kinda old.

It is a fact--that Bill Clinton said this. If it hurt your feelings--tough!

Well, ignore the fact that Bill Clinton was actually President for 8 years. Still deny it--put the ear plugs in--whatever you do--do not watch the video on his comments.

It may make your eyes cross.

As was Reagan, who had the backing of both parties, with a senate maority. As did Bush will a Congressional majority for, correctme if I am wrong, 6 years.

Hillary has a very good chance in 2012. Obama is set up to be a repeat of President Herbert Hoover. There is no chance a community organizer is going to solve an economic crisis of greater proportion. (US>some neighborhood in Chicago).

Then what cheance does a mere POW stand? Do not look at one position held in their past. And if Obama is elected, I highly doubt the Democratic party will break a very strong tradition and put another candidate up for nomination.

As was Reagan, who had the backing of both parties, with a senate maority. As did Bush will a Congressional majority for, correctme if I am wrong, 6 years.

A typical liberal--when they have absolutely nothing to say or defend--they bring up 30 years ago.

A typical liberal--when they have absolutely nothing to say or defend--they bring up 30 years ago.

In economic policy, 30 years ago counts. Who do you think started the trickle down theory? I will not deny that democrats were at fault for the current economic situation, I am just making you aware that Republicans are at fault as well because you do not seem to understand that.

Then what cheance does a mere POW stand? Do not look at one position held in their past. And if Obama is elected, I highly doubt the Democratic party will break a very strong tradition and put another candidate up for nomination.

Maybe in 2012, we will elect Hillary as an independent. First woman, first independent president. It will be easy to break a very strong tradition when someone who claims to be agent of change has failed to get anything done.

That would mean Hillary would have to defeat the president in the primaries. Unless Obama decided not to run.

During the Reagan administration people had to actually QUALIFY for mortgage loans, so there was no problem with Freddie & Fannie. President Bush tried to reign in these agencies in 2001 or almost 8 years ago.

In 2001 below are the exact quotes of democrat banking leader Barney Frank:

"These two entities, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not facing any kind of financial crisis," "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing." - Rep. democrat Barney Frank

John McCain again tried to bring up new legislation in 2005--stating he was very concerned about Freddie & Fannie--he too was ignored.

And as final testimony we have Bill Clinton agreeing this crisis is democrats fault. In fact, there were at least 40 democrats on the hill that would block each & every effort to reign these agencies in.

As you see today--democrats own the house & senate & were not able to get this bail-out bill passed! 96 DEMOCRATS VOTED AGAINST IT! Nancy Pelosi only needed 12 more votes--& she couldn't even get it from her cohorts in congress.

Last edited:
Maybe in 2012, we will elect Hillary as an independent. First woman, first independent president. It will be easy to break a very strong tradition when someone who claims to be agent of change has failed to get anything done.

Yes, I am sure that would happen....do you understand the American public at all?

During the Reagan administration people had to actually QUALIFY for mortgage loans, so there was no problem with Freddie & Fannie. President Bush tried to reign in these agencies in 2001 or almost 8 years ago.

In 2001 below are the exact quotes of democrat banking leader Barney Frank:

"These two entities, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not facing any kind of financial crisis," "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing." - Rep. democrat Barney Frank

John McCain again tried to bring up new legislation in 2005--stating he was very concerned about Freddie & Fannie--he too was ignored.
Just because someone offers you a solution does not make it the best one or even mean that it will work..
And as final testimony we have Bill Clinton agreeing this crisis is democrats fault. In fact, there were at least 40 democrats on the hill that would block each & every effort to reign these agencies in.

As you see today--democrats own the house & senate & were not able to get this bail-out bill passed! 96 DEMOCRATS VOTED AGAINST IT!

I will try to respond to you in order. As I have stated before, you can not take the opinion of one or two people to represent the opinion of the whole, if so all muslims want Iseal erased from the planet. As for your statement that it is the democrats fault because they are currently the majority in congress, they have only been the majority for the past two years. Where was Bush and his Republican congress for the other 6?

Last edited:
That would mean Hillary would have to defeat the president in the primaries. Unless Obama decided not to run.

There is no way Hillary would run against Obama, if he is elected POTUS in 4 years! The DNC would stop her, she would have no support from them--therefore it would not happen.

Plus the fact, just like right now-Americans would be so ticked at BO they would never elect another democrat to office, including Hillary.

This election is more about, voting against President Bush than anything.

Forum List

Back