Bill Ayers writes a children’s book.

rather he do the job we elected him to do while he is at that job.

You voted for him?

:eek:
America elected him. I am an American.

(Not a single person knows my vote, and not a single person will ever know my vote. Just the way I roll.)

But you said WE elected HIM.....meaning you and those that voted for him.

Don't try to squirm outta this one!!!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/133058-ap-si-modo-voted-for-obama.html#post2732742

Last edited:
Seriously, I don't care whose name is on the cover of a book that gets children to read.

But I will say that if Obama is taking the time to write children's books, I would much rather he do the job we elected him to do while he is at that job. I don't think that is an unreasonable position to have, either.

I agree that whatever gets children to read is a-okay with me, at least up to a point. But there are too many instances where regimes of the type we would not find pleasant have used reading class to indoctrinate kids with ideas and concepts we would not condone. I agreed to help out over a busy Christmas weekend at a friend's bookstore once, got hooked, and wound up staying for a year. That year I saw quite a few special ordered books I would not want my children to read. Or at least read while unsupervised.

I don't know anything about this book in question so it may be perfectly fine. But given the ideology of those associated with it, I sure as hell would want to read it before I gave it to kids to read.

Seriously, I don't care whose name is on the cover of a book that gets children to read.

But I will say that if Obama is taking the time to write children's books, I would much rather he do the job we elected him to do while he is at that job. I don't think that is an unreasonable position to have, either.

Article says:

Obama agreed with Random House in 2004 to write a children's book, which, according to the publisher, he completed before he became president.​

Forum List

Back