Bill Ayers explains the left's power is in schools and classrooms .

Some of us believe in redemption.

good for you.

but remorse comes before redemption and this particular terrorist has none.

There have been so many lies about Ayers on this thread that I do not even know if we are discussing anything that he actually did. What exactly was he found guilty of in a court of law?
he got off on a technicality

even he said he was guilty as sin but free as a bird

if you don't know that then you don't know who you are defending

I will accept that as capitulation.

Your way is easy...I choose to live in the real world

As human beings, we try to explain and analyse events or situations that can have a possible emotional effect on us. In today’s world, perfect rationality (i.e. full information) is impossible, and neither can necessarily rely on academic or scientific information all the time. Very often it is even difficult to describe the possible causal mechanisms that lie at the origins of such emotional effects. Therefore, when something proves difficult to explain, people often resort to more speculative (and extreme) explanations in order to find closure and to provide their cognitions with a plausible justification. In other words, it is in people’s nature to search for answers to the ‘why’ question, especially when it concerns the ‘ego’.

A conspiracy theory has the ability to provide enough rationale for a ‘comprehensive’ explanation, or at least a perceived ‘comprehensive’ explanation. The key concept that makes this possible is the ‘attribution of responsibility’. A conspiracy theory attributes responsibility for a certain occurrence or a sequence of occurrences to an external group. For instance, ‘the CIA’, ‘the Jews’ or the ‘Freemasons’. This creates a feeling of exclusion or insignificance on the part of those who looking to rationalise their emotional response to the occurrence. Chiming with some versions of populist politics, a conspiracy theory thus creates an in-group (in this case the ‘hostile cabal’) and an out-group (in this case the ‘us or I’), which in turn reinforces the cognitive interpretation of the occurrence and turns it into a confirmation bias.

A conspiracy theory attributes responsibility for a certain occurrence or a sequence of occurrences to an external group.
Cognitive psychology tells us that both the conscious and the unconscious psyche have a great impact on people’s perceptions and how they solve problems

The psychology of conspiracy theory | Counterpoint

Well, what you consider reality.

Look at all of the lies that have been told about Ayers on this thread.

Then point out the lies and prove it.

Anyone who would bomb buildings is no one we should allow to teach.

That's all I need to know about Bill the bomber

Some of us believe in redemption.

Back in from a day of shopping.

Do you realize Billy thinks he didn't do enough? Now I'm from those days. So this topic could get hot.

good for you.

but remorse comes before redemption and this particular terrorist has none.

There have been so many lies about Ayers on this thread that I do not even know if we are discussing anything that he actually did. What exactly was he found guilty of in a court of law?

He knows he just thinks his cause was noble, so Ayres shouldn't be held accountable for what he did. Leftist are funny in that way, if you're anti American you're a good person...Crazy

He knows he just thinks his cause was noble, so Ayres shouldn't be held accountable for what he did. Leftist are funny in that way, if you're anti American you're a good person...Crazy

The whole crew of the WU screamed that they wanted to overthrow the government, this is for real, this is for true, but we are faced with ass wipes who go....

oh they were just against the war. :D Fuck them. We know the truth. Best yet though....times will tell.

You admire Ayers becasue he had the balls you don't.

But that doesn't change the fact that he is a muderer , and you?

You are just an anonymous blowhard on an obscure political board acting all bad and shit.

I will accept that as capitulation.

Your way is easy...I choose to live in the real world

As human beings, we try to explain and analyse events or situations that can have a possible emotional effect on us. In today’s world, perfect rationality (i.e. full information) is impossible, and neither can necessarily rely on academic or scientific information all the time. Very often it is even difficult to describe the possible causal mechanisms that lie at the origins of such emotional effects. Therefore, when something proves difficult to explain, people often resort to more speculative (and extreme) explanations in order to find closure and to provide their cognitions with a plausible justification. In other words, it is in people’s nature to search for answers to the ‘why’ question, especially when it concerns the ‘ego’.

A conspiracy theory has the ability to provide enough rationale for a ‘comprehensive’ explanation, or at least a perceived ‘comprehensive’ explanation. The key concept that makes this possible is the ‘attribution of responsibility’. A conspiracy theory attributes responsibility for a certain occurrence or a sequence of occurrences to an external group. For instance, ‘the CIA’, ‘the Jews’ or the ‘Freemasons’. This creates a feeling of exclusion or insignificance on the part of those who looking to rationalise their emotional response to the occurrence. Chiming with some versions of populist politics, a conspiracy theory thus creates an in-group (in this case the ‘hostile cabal’) and an out-group (in this case the ‘us or I’), which in turn reinforces the cognitive interpretation of the occurrence and turns it into a confirmation bias.

A conspiracy theory attributes responsibility for a certain occurrence or a sequence of occurrences to an external group.
Cognitive psychology tells us that both the conscious and the unconscious psyche have a great impact on people’s perceptions and how they solve problems

The psychology of conspiracy theory | Counterpoint

Forum List

Back