Bill and Hillary Email

but given how you do it so often - that cut and paste thing - I really need to start using that tactic more often!

I thought you were opposed to me posting articles that prove my point?

MM is scared of facts - look how many repsonses to this thread. Of cousre when the facts go against you - what else can you do except duck and dodge

MM is scared of facts - look how many repsonses to this thread. Of cousre when the facts go against you - what else can you do except duck and dodge

you are convincing me that cutting, pasting and posting irrelevant shit is an excellent tactic.

I think it might very well work to drown you out.:rofl:

How can you type while screaming and crying with eyes full of tears.

Do you take breaks to stomp around in your footie pajamas, and tell your mom that MM is bothering you again?

Be patient she will bring you a banana popsicle to calm your nerves.

you are convincing me that cutting, pasting and posting irrelevant shit is an excellent tactic.

I think it might very well work to drown you out.:rofl:

I doubt it

Why would I back down from a old punk like you?

You have nothing except the usual arrogrant talking points and hissy fits

I doubt it

Why would I back down from a old punk like you?

You have nothing except the usual arrogrant talking points and hissy fits

I wouldn't expect you to back down...But I think if I can continually surround your posts with Red Sox press releases, fewere folks will take the time to see your posts, and if I can get them up quickly enough, fewer people will ever even KNOW that you posted!:rofl:

I wouldn't expect you to back down...But I think if I can continually surround your posts with Red Sox press releases, fewere folks will take the time to see your posts, and if I can get them up quickly enough, fewer people will ever even KNOW that you posted!:rofl:

Nice try - but it will not work

You can't block the topic of the thread, and everyone knows what an old coot you are

You are making my case about your inability to debate

The last thing libs want are facts that go against their arguments

Id love for you to provide facts that are relevent to an argument, and for you to defend your assertions in your own words.

But all you are capable of is cutting and barfing other peoples words all over this board.

Twat.

Id love for you to provide facts that are relevent to an argument, and for you to defend your assertions in your own words.

But all you are capable of is cutting and barfing other peoples words all over this board.

Twat.

Funny, when pointy head libs like you ask for links - I post them - then you rant about cutting and pasting

Libs were born to whine, bitch, and moan about something

Funny, when pointy head libs like you ask for links - I post them - then you rant about cutting and pasting

Libs were born to whine, bitch, and moan about something

You just be careful not to let another opinion through your right wing hard hat.

Pedroia learns from early struggles
Has become Rookie of the Year contender after poor start
By Ian Browne / MLB.com

Dustin Pedroia is hitting .323 with three homers and 23 RBIs heading into Friday. (Brita Meng Outzen/MLB.com)
Red Sox Headlines

• Dice-K's triumphant return to San Diego
• Red Sox notes: Murphy earns promotion
• Sox close to inking top two picks
• Beat the heat, catch a free flick
• Pedroia learns from early struggles
• More Red Sox Headlines
MLB Headlines

• Cubs squeeze out a win over Sox
• Thomas belts career home run No. 498
• Homers propel Wainwright, Cards to win
• It's back to disabled list for Erstad
• Tigers notes: Durbin takes move in stride
• More MLB Headlines

ADVERTISEMENT

print this page | e-mail this page
• Pedroia's player page
• Red Sox depth chart
• Get Red Sox gear
• Follow the Sox on MLB.TV

ATLANTA -- From his perch in the Boston dugout at Fenway Park, Red Sox infield coach Luis Alicea tries his best to monitor the progress of one of his pet projects, rookie second baseman Dustin Pedroia.
It's just that when some fierce baserunner is going in hard in an effort to break up a double play, Alicea finds himself searching for the diminutive Pedroia, who seems to disappear amid a cloud of dust.

Then, Alicea sees the most welcomed sight of all. He sees that white round thing -- the baseball -- whistling to first baseman Kevin Youkilis, usually in time to complete the DP.

"If you're sitting there in Boston and you're looking at second base from the first-base dugout, there's a lot of times, you see the ball, and all of a sudden, you don't even see [Pedroia]," Alicea said. "All of a sudden, you see a white ball coming out of the baserunner's shoulder. And that's usually what it looks like. You don't even see him. All of a sudden, you see a ball coming out. It's unbelievable."

So is the in-season turnaround Pedroia has made over the last six weeks. The public sentiment back in April was for Pedroia, who hit .182 in the first month, to be benched in favor of Alex Cora. Now, Pedroia is emerging into an American League Rookie of the Year Award candidate.

Recently moved from ninth to second in the batting order, Pedroia takes a .323 average into the start of this weekend's series in San Diego. His batting progress can easily be found on the highlight reels, the stat sheets or in the box scores.

But his less-heralded attribute -- his massive improvement as a second baseman -- is seen most by his teammates, his coaching staff and his manager.

"He's quick, and he's got a good arm -- very efficient arm," Alicea said. "It's a joy to watch him."

Don't forget that Pedroia was a shortstop during his years at Arizona State, and rotated between the two middle-infield positions during his quick rise through the Minor Leagues.

It wasn't until this season that Pedroia could literally plant his feet at second base.

"I'm only taking ground balls there now," Pedroia said. "Last year, I'd go to short and second. It was kind of a mess. Now, I know every day what I'm working on and know how to prepare myself."

Preparation is not just a loose word for Pedroia. You have to get to the ballpark early to beat him there.

"He comes early every day and watches video," said Alicea, a former Major League second baseman. "I praise him a lot, because for a young player to have the desire and the will to play every day ... a lot of guys, they get complacent. He's not complacent. He wants to get better and I think that's a tribute to him. It's working out. He's a good ballplayer, he really is. He's got a lot of heart and he believes in himself."

The best way to view Pedroia's improvement around the bag would probably be to have side-by-side frames of his double-play turns last year and this year. You'd see a startling difference.

"He's worked so hard on his turns," said Red Sox manager Terry Francona. "When we saw him last year when he came up, he had some work to do, which a lot of young guys do.

"He's a tough little kid, he hangs in there pretty good," continued Francona. "He's turned some pretty good double plays with some people bearing down on him. He's come a long way in that area. He's worked really hard and he's pretty good. He'll come across the bag, take a hit and make the throw."

Pedroia can remember vividly his true initiation as a second baseman. It wasn't that night Alex Rodriguez came barreling in on him with an elbow at Yankee Stadium back in May. It was back when Pedroia was riding the bus and playing against a much smaller branch of the Yankees.

"In Double-A [Portland], Eric Duncan -- we were playing the Yankees -- and he smoked me," Pedroia said. "It was a big part of the game and I ended up turning it, but I got up and I was like, 'Geez'. I got smoked. It's a part of it. Sometimes it's going to happen. You don't see the guy, you don't see the runner. You don't know where he's going to slide. Wherever the feet are dictate what you're going to do. If it's out in front, you have to come get it. You can't drop back, and the runner knows that, otherwise you're pretty much fair game."

If baseball was simply a game of tools and athleticism, Pedroia probably would have gone to another profession. But there's a certain amount of intangibles that he possesses, which has enabled him to get the most out of what he does have.

"I think he's just a smart player," Alicea said. "He's a baseball player. That's a guy, when you're looking at skills, he doesn't compare to a lot of players. But I think that with the heart that he has, and his intelligence, I think he makes up for a lot of other things. He takes this game very seriously and he wants to be good. He wants to be one of the better players in the league and I think he's showing it."

Pedroia doesn't just finish double plays well. He's also learned the proper way to start them.

"He couldn't do the front flip, and that's one thing we've really, really worked on," Alicea said. "A lot of times he would back the play up and slow the play down. Now he's gotten to where he can come get every ball and flip it."

As far as the offensive revival goes, it almost looked as if Pedroia flipped a switch. The truth is, he just learned to stop trying to do too much. That resulted in him doing a lot.

rest of the article is here:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/a...t_id=2040769&vkey=news_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

You nran from the othetr thread and started one where people are restricted to what they can comment on

Liberal version of free speech - speak what only what they agree with

wow.... that exhibits a powerful command of the nuances of the English language!

The point remains: I got tired of you running away from the facts that democrats in congress have been out-polling republicans in congress since before the last election so I started a thread where I could engage OTHER republicans in discussions as to why they thought that might be happening.

And what did you do? You came over to MY thread and spammed it with nearly half the posts in the entire thread and you never ONCE addressed the topic of the thread.

If you don't want to talk about why republicans in congress are held in lower regard than the democrats in congress, just stay away from the thread.... quit spamming it.

wow.... that exhibits a powerful command of the nuances of the English language!

The point remains: I got tired of you running away from the facts that democrats in congress have been out-polling republicans in congress since before the last election so I started a thread where I could engage OTHER republicans in discussions as to why they thought that might be happening.

And what did you do? You came over to MY thread and spammed it with nearly half the posts in the entire thread and you never ONCE addressed the topic of the thread.

If you don't want to talk about why republicans in congress are held in lower regard than the democrats in congress, just stay away from the thread.... quit spamming it.

MM is a great example of the modern day liberal

Attachments

• $At the Arch.jpg
    $At the Arch.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 48

Forum List

Back