bilingual schools in israel

I tellya... If anyone wonders what the impediment to peace is in the middle east all one has to do is consider the rabid input of jews such as Cmike at the *gasp* thought of validating a language on par with heeb speak.

:rolleyes:

I tellya you are an :ahole-1:

I tellya... If anyone wonders what the impediment to peace is in the middle east all one has to do is consider the rabid input of jews such as Cmike at the *gasp* thought of validating a language on par with heeb speak.

words like sheenie, kyke and hebe don't help the process either.

I tellya you are an :ahole-1:

I may be an asshole but you are still a racist jew.

Huge military advantage to knowing what the other side is saying, and they don't know what you are up to.

My understanding was that knowledge of arabic was a huge step up for someone looking for high command in the IDF

shying away from applicable verbiage for those who are avatars for the concept is what doesn't help. Not all jews are heebs. Cmike is definitely a heeb.

shying away from applicable verbiage for those who are avatars for the concept is what doesn't help. Not all jews are heebs. Cmike is definitely a heeb.

you need to learn a little yiddish and improve your vocabulary of insults. hebe is just pejorative for hebrew --- no real bite there or special meaning.

sheenie is equivalent to pig and kyke has overtones of shit in its meaning.

meshugginer is crazy, shicker is drunk and stupid. everybody knows schmuck and putz --- use the first to call somebody a prick when you're joking, putz when you're not.

How about this, if Jordan adds hebrew as it's 2nd official language taught in all their schools, then perhaps Israel should consider adding arabic?
Life must be less complicated when you have a simple mind such as yours.

you need to learn a little yiddish and improve your vocabulary of insults. hebe is just pejorative for hebrew --- no real bite there or special meaning.

sheenie is equivalent to pig and kyke has overtones of shit in its meaning.

meshugginer is crazy, shicker is drunk and stupid. everybody knows schmuck and putz --- use the first to call somebody a prick when you're joking, putz when you're not.

You need to stick around a bit before doling out advice regarding insults with teeth. It was not my intention to aim both barrels of the shotgun at cmike so my choice in using "heeb" fit the bill. "Ckike" is the most obvious choice for cmike but I chose a softer glove today. However, using a term like "heeb" illustrates exactly the kind of israel, right or wrong mentality displayed by zionists like him. I stick by my use of particular verbiage here.

It's not up to Israel or any country to add languages to their official language. If you want to succeed in a country that you are in, it's up to YOU to learn the country's language, not for the country to add your language to it's official language.:cuckoo:

It depends on what is more important to that country: having an informed and educated citizenry or mandating that there be only one "official" language.

The defacto "official language" is the one that you need to succeed in that country. It doesn't hurt to include signage or other documents in other languages where a substantial portion of the (native) citizenry speaks another language.

What are you so afraid of?

How about this, if Jordan adds hebrew as it's 2nd official language taught in all their schools, then perhaps Israel should consider adding arabic?

Jordan has a Hebrew speaking population? Could've fooled me...:cuckoo:

i don't particularly agree with what cmike and the rest of the zionist jews have to say around here but at least they are putting some thought into their statements.

sniping at them the way you do does nothing to refute their arguments. in fact it strengthens their arguments when you hurl insults without addressing the points at issue. like a shark attack leading to a feeding frenzy.

i don't particularly agree with what cmike and the rest of the zionist jews have to say around here but at least they are putting some thought into their statements.

sniping at them the way you do does nothing to refute their arguments. in fact it strengthens their arguments when you hurl insults without addressing the points at issue. like a shark attack leading to a feeding frenzy.

yea.. it must take a lot of thought to regurgitate the kind of shit that gentried southerners stated merely 40 years ago.

If you feel the urge to don a team jersey then so be it. But, and this is what knocks you off of your high horse, nothing cmike has suggested in this thread so far is even REMOTELY reflective of "putting thought into it". Nor are they innocent of refraining from shit talking and name calling. That you seem hellbent on focusing on my examples illustrates more than you probably wanted to display.

There's something to be said for people needing to speak the same language in order to communicate.

Good for them. Now maybe they should do the same thing in the territories. ;)

Yup.

Learning a foreign language is the first step towards understanding another culture.
Learning the language of the country that your are in is the first step towards undestanding the country's culture.

Exactly, however you totally miss the point.

In both Israel and portions of the USA - there has long been a second language. Arabic was the original language of that region when the state was formed and is still language of many, and Spanish has long been a part of the southwest - from before we took the territories and long after. Those are facts on the ground.

I'm not saying they should not learn English (or Hebrew) - in the case of English, if you don't have good English skills, your career opportunities can be limited. There is no evidence that Spanish-speaking immigrants are learning English at any less of a rate than prior immigrant groups - especially when it comes to the second generation. You need English to get ahead.

It's not up to Israel or any country to add languages to their official language. If you want to succeed in a country that you are in, it's up to YOU to learn the country's language, not for the country to add your language to it's official language.:cuckoo:

It depends on what is more important to that country: having an informed and educated citizenry or mandating that there be only one "official" language.

The defacto "official language" is the one that you need to succeed in that country. It doesn't hurt to include signage or other documents in other languages where a substantial portion of the (native) citizenry speaks another language.

Schools need to be taught in Hebrew.

You need to adapt to the country that you are in not the other way around .

and, if you cannot adopt then get Europe to carve out a nation and invade, eh?

For decades, senior statesmen have failed to negotiate an end to hostilities in the Middle East. Lauren Joseph, a former Hingham resident now living and working in Israel, said she believes the best chance of achieving a lasting peace lies with Israeli children – Jews and Arabs who are educated in bilingual, multicultural schools.

Joseph, 24, is director of development for the Hagar School, the country’s newest bilingual school, which is in Beer Sheva in southern Israel.

“Although Israel is a bilingual state, very few Jews speak Arabic … and it’s not a good thing,” said Joseph, who is fluent in Hebrew and is learning Arabic.

“If you hear someone speaking a language that you don’t understand and it’s a language associated with people who don’t like you, you think the worst. The person may be asking for directions, but you think he is going to harm you.”

Just as important as learning the other person’s language is learning about his or her traditions, religion and culture.

Former Hingham woman finds a ?pocket of peace? in Israeli school - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger

:clap2:

I was watching the 700 club today, I guess christian are moving away from Israel in large numbers. With only 10,000 living in the Holy land area compared to 45,000 in the 80's.
Doesn't really have to do with your topic, but I thought it was interesting.

Getting along with your fellow citizens is a two way street. Most people know that. Apparently you do not. Good luck to you and your my way or the high way appproach.

For decades, senior statesmen have failed to negotiate an end to hostilities in the Middle East. Lauren Joseph, a former Hingham resident now living and working in Israel, said she believes the best chance of achieving a lasting peace lies with Israeli children – Jews and Arabs who are educated in bilingual, multicultural schools.

Joseph, 24, is director of development for the Hagar School, the country’s newest bilingual school, which is in Beer Sheva in southern Israel.

“Although Israel is a bilingual state, very few Jews speak Arabic … and it’s not a good thing,” said Joseph, who is fluent in Hebrew and is learning Arabic.

“If you hear someone speaking a language that you don’t understand and it’s a language associated with people who don’t like you, you think the worst. The person may be asking for directions, but you think he is going to harm you.”

Just as important as learning the other person’s language is learning about his or her traditions, religion and culture.

Former Hingham woman finds a ?pocket of peace? in Israeli school - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger

I was watching the 700 club today, I guess christian are moving away from Israel in large numbers. With only 10,000 living in the Holy land area compared to 45,000 in the 80's.
I wonder how reliable the 700 club is for news reports. Did they give any reasons why?

I wonder how reliable the 700 club is for news reports. Did they give any reasons why?

do those numbers refer to shrink in the number of missionaries or native christians (the numbers seem kind of small for natives)?

if there is a solid question to ask of Pat Robertson, i have an inside track. my sister-in-law is an executive at CBN (my brother might even be posting on this board under a name he hasn't told me about yet)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back