Bilbray Leads Busby

red states rule

May 30, 2006
I know it is early, but it look like the Republicans will keep Duke Cunninghams' House seat

With 78 percent of precincts reporting, Republican Brian Bilbray was ahead with 50,284 votes, or 50 percent, to Democrat Francine Busby's 45,649 votes, or 45 percent.

All I heard going into this election was this was the race to watch. Will the folks show their displeasure at Republicans and show their support for the Dems

Well, looks like another example of the liberal media reporting what they WANT to happen, instead of reporting what happened.

Of course Ms Busby showed what libs really stand for when she said illegals do not need papers to vote.

How will libs spin this?

I'm sure they will get this 'refined'...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060607/ap_on_el_st_lo/primaries_rdp
Republican wins bellwether House race

By ROBERT TANNER, AP National Writer 5 minutes ago

A former Republican congressman narrowly beat his Democratic rival early Wednesday for the right to fill the House seat once held by imprisoned Randy "Duke" Cunningham, a race closely watched as a possible early barometer of next fall's vote.

Republican Brian Bilbray emerged victorious after a costly and contentious race against Democrat Francine Busby, a local school board member who ran against Cunningham in 2004.

With 90 percent of precincts reporting, Bilbray had 56,016 votes or 49.5 percent. Busby trailed with 51,202 votes or 45 percent. "I think that we're going back to Washington," Bilbray told a cheering crowd of supporters.

The race — one of dozens of election contests in eight states — was viewed by Democrats as an opportunity to capture a solidly Republican district and build momentum on their hopes to capture control of the House.

red states rule said:
You want illegals to vote in our elections?

Please explain what you mean by 'Hate triumphs in House race'

Q: How will libs spin this?

A: Hate Triumphs in House Race

red states rule said:
Lets all have a moment of silence for the Dems

The dreams they had of taking back the House and Senate just crashed and burned
I wouldn't be so sure of that. This race switched around in large measure at the last minute because of her 'you don't need papers' remark. The blogs did a remarkable job of documenting and spreading that remark. They wouldn't let it die or be spun.

I think it may be more of a harbinger on how seriously illegal immigration stances will effect the vote in November.

Kathianne said:
I wouldn't be so sure of that. This race switched around in large measure at the last minute because of her 'you don't need papers' remark. The blogs did a remarkable job of documenting and spreading that remark. They wouldn't let it die or be spun.

Libs will always get cocky and arogrant when they think they have the upper hand. It is typical.

I see gains in the Senate for Republicans and the House will pretty much stay as it is

red states rule said:
Libs will always get cocky and arogrant when they think they have the upper hand. It is typical.

I see gains in the Senate for Republicans and the House will pretty much stay as it is
Could be, I know that as of today I would not work for anyone running on the GOP ticket, at least so far. That will be the first time in over 20 years. I will vote, probably for lack of alternatives will vote GOP.

In that particular race I think the harbinger was illegal immigration, a pivotal point in November, IMO.

Of course Bilbray won... it was his day! 6/6/6! :poke:

In all seriousness... does anyone believe something as silly as defrauding taxpayers to be stronger than gerrymandering? The district is a Republican designed district. Just like the one I live in. I live in a county that cast 50,000 more votes for John Kerry than it did President Bush in 2004... yet we're represented by three Republican congressmen!!! "How could that be?!?!?" you ask? Well, it's easy, you split the county up into three sections, add a bunch of voters from the exurbs and rural commumities to the outside of each of those sections and poof! It's easy... it's called gerrymandering... and it's what wins elections these days. No surprises here.

jasendorf said:
Of course Bilbray won... it was his day! 6/6/6! :poke:

In all seriousness... does anyone believe something as silly as defrauding taxpayers to be stronger than gerrymandering? The district is a Republican designed district. Just like the one I live in. I live in a county that cast 50,000 more votes for John Kerry than it did President Bush in 2004... yet we're represented by three Republican congressmen!!! "How could that be?!?!?" you ask? Well, it's easy, you split the county up into three sections, add a bunch of voters from the exurbs and rural commumities to the outside of each of those sections and poof! It's easy... it's called gerrymandering... and it's what wins elections these days. No surprises here.

Translation - We lost but I will not admit it

Kathianne said:
Exactly, 'changing the subject'...

How the hell am I changing the subject? The subject is a democrat lost in a Republican-gerrymandered district. There's nothing to see here... move along.

jasendorf said:
How the hell am I changing the subject? The subject is a democrat lost in a Republican-gerrymandered district. There's nothing to see here... move along.
Nope the topic IS Bilbray beat Busby or GOP held seat or this is a mid-term special election and not all that important, (unless Busby had won).

jasendorf said:
Translation - gerrymandering, schmerryschmandering... we won despite our culture of corruption...

I hope you will keep "winning".

I hope you enjoy your minority status

I sure as hell do

I find it humorous that the GOP is hailing this as a great victory when they scraped by in a rock-rib Republican district by the skin of their collective asses. There are no moral victory, but the fact that we damn near won this seat makes me all the more sure we can win back either one or both houses of Congress in November. I'll be doing my part by helping Claire McCaskill defeat Sen. Jim Talent here in Missouri.

acludem

acludem said:
I find it humorous that the GOP is hailing this as a great victory when they scraped by in a rock-rib Republican district by the skin of their collective asses. There are no moral victory, but the fact that we damn near won this seat makes me all the more sure we can win back either one or both houses of Congress in November. I'll be doing my part by helping Claire McCaskill defeat Sen. Jim Talent here in Missouri.

acludem

By the skin of their collective @$$es huh? So a Republican and Democrat candidate get the same percentage of votes they normally get in a district and somehow the Republicans barely scraped a victory? You guys didnt even come close to winning the seat. 50% v. 45% is not a close race. The fact is Busby didnt get much more votes than a typical Democrat would in the district. To pretend that this was a close race is utter fantasy.

But if you want to think it was significant go ahead. I hope you guys continue having similiar significant results in other elections this year. But until you guys are willing to face the fact that a majority of the people are not Democrat anymore and you need to change your strategy from whining about everything to actually putting force something that will make people vote for you, you arent going to win anything.

Forum List

Back