Bikers Bedeviled

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
clubs.jpg

http://www.newsreview.com/reno/Content?oid=oid:23251

I live in a town of less than 15000 people.. In 2003 thousands and thousands of them were packed into our county fairpark for their 100th anniversary ride.. There was absolutely nothing cooler than being stuck on the freeway for 2 hours (only because I wasn't late for anything - just going home after an afternoon out, so no hurry) unable to move while at least 100,000 of them lined the freeways, streets, sidewalks, etc. to get to their destinations. Our entire town has about 12 cops.. We didn't need more than that. They weren't there to cause problems, start fires, beat people up.. They were there as a resting point on their way to/from Milwaukee's Lakefront.. And some of the most beautiful bikes you could ever hope to see..

The sight absolutely took your breath away, and you just stared in awe...Not in fright, but with chills of amazement running up and down your spine...

Downtown:
downtown.jpg

Fairpark, before most of them arrived:
faripark.jpg

I think Hell's Angels and similar groups gave biker clubs a bad name. As a group, though, bikers are some of the most courteous people you will ever meet.

Hobbit said:
I think Hell's Angels and similar groups gave biker clubs a bad name. As a group, though, bikers are some of the most courteous people you will ever meet.

The funniest thing I ever saw was the last morning of their ride.. I took my niece to breakfast at Perkins - there was a table of 11 of them. All huge. The waitresses (2) that were assigned to their table were absolutely petrified - with large bodies come very large voices... Out of these very large voices came multiple "pleases" and "thank yous", and requests for milk.

In the mean time, my niece (8 at the time) marches right over to one of them and asked "Can I touch your beard? You look like Santa Claus. I want to see if you're real." (Guy was probably in his 70's.. Pure white hair..)

By the end of the breakfast, the two actually breathed a sigh of relief, and one said to the other "I wasn't afraid at all! Were you?"

...and then I got a lecture for letting a child talk to strangers...

<i>*rolls eyes*</i>

I don't think of bikers as gang members equivalent to the Crips or Bloods.

I look at it this way. Who would I feel safer around, walking alone, at night?

Answer: Bikers. They don't shoot your head off for the $10 you have in your wallet. Also because most of my family rides, or used to. The ones that still do, go to Sturgis nearly every year.

I agree with the above posts. They are more likely to have manners and be courteous than say, the stereotypical gang members.

Forum List

Back