Bike shopping

Very nice. I'd get one or something similar but the wife put her foot down. It went right through the floor. :auiqs.jpg:

Heh heh. That was clever. I'm lucky I guess. She wants to ride with me. I wasn't even gonna get another one until she said she'd ride. I wanted to buy another one, but I wasn't gonna just by one for myself.

I got a 82 Honda Nighthawk for sale. Cheap, 200 bucks. Smokes like a two stroke now and the suspension kills my back.

Wish I could justify getting a new ride, but gotta pay off the Jeep. Wife likes to go for a ride, but the Honda Davidson don't cut it anymore.

I got a 82 Honda Nighthawk for sale. Cheap, 200 bucks. Smokes like a two stroke now and the suspension kills my back.

Wish I could justify getting a new ride, but gotta pay off the Jeep. Wife likes to go for a ride, but the Honda Davidson don't cut it anymore.

A lot of people love those. They were really popular. Still are. For the money, you get a good motorcycle. I think six speed bikes, too, even the Gold Wings didn't have that back then.

A lot of people love those. They were really popular. Still are. For the money, you get a good motorcycle. I think six speed bikes, too, even the Gold Wings didn't have that back then.
It is actually a 5 speed. Gave me 55 thousand care free miles. Bought it in 93 for 875 bucks and have rode the hell out of it. Had some power. Needs too much TLC and engine work now which would far exceed its value. May be going to the boneyard. Last rode it 2 seasons ago.
Now I rely on my snowmobiles for the thrill of speed. But those are old too.
At some point I will get a newer bike, but may go the used route again as, holy crap, toys are expensive now..lol, picture didn't post right, or upright.

Attachments

• 20180920_160612.jpg
    20180920_160612.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 144
It is actually a 5 speed. Gave me 55 thousand care free miles. Bought it in 93 for 875 bucks and have rode the hell out of it. Had some power. Needs too much TLC and engine work now which would far exceed its value. May be going to the boneyard. Last rode it 2 seasons ago.
Now I rely on my snowmobiles for the thrill of speed. But those are old too.
At some point I will get a newer bike, but may go the used route again as, holy crap, toys are expensive now..lol, picture didn't post right, or upright.

Post a picture of that thing, petro. Agreed on buying used. No way I'd ever by a new one it's throwing away money. 55 thousand is pretty low for it considering it's an '82. I think the six speed came in '85 or something like that. That was a great year, across the whole board wasn't it? Everybody had money in their pocket, everybody was happy and everything was cool.

Last edited:
Oh nm I see the picture, I'd give you 200 for it. You're up in Wisconsin or something like that, though, right? I'd still give it to you though, just save it until I get there with a trailer.

Heck, that'd be a good tinkerer kind of deal over in the corner of the garage just for something to do.

Last edited:
Reminds me that i need to get my bike started after last winter....~S~

That's something I haven't done in years just because I haven't had one in so long. Does that corn gas ever clog up over the winter or you drain everything? I know I went through a couple mowers and weedwhackers and a chain saw like that, I was hot about that.

That's something I haven't done in years just because I haven't had one in so long. Does that corn gas ever clog up over the winter or you drain everything? I know I went through a couple mowers and weedwhackers and a chain saw like that, I was hot about that.

'effs them all up NC.....what we do is find the non-pancake syrup gasoline , add stabalizer....or just run tanks dry in the fall ~S~

Oh nm I see the picture, I'd give you 200 for it. You're up in Wisconsin or something like that, though, right? I'd still give it to you though, just save it until I get there with a trailer.

Heck, that'd be a good tinkerer kind of deal over in the corner of the garage just for something to do.
Realistically it will probably sit in the garage all summer. Not in a hurry to junk it as I would rather see it go to someone who was willing to put money into it. Seems like it deserves more than the old boneyard. Too many projects for me to take it on.
Still runs and idles fine. Just burns oil pretty good now. Needs valve work and probably a cylinder honing, pistons rings possibly. Suspension is a little tired, leaky shock seals and such. The two small side panels are cracked, but chrome and metal still solid. Still shines up pretty nice. Overall still a solid machine kept in garage all its life. Has a clean title. Last rode it in 2017.
I live 40 miles north of Mpls if you find yourself in the area. If you find you do want it at some point, go ahead and message me. It will sit for a while.

Whatever bike you choose be sure you devote 50% of what you pay for it to essentials....

A really good helmet
Really good leathers
Toughest boots you can find
At least 2 gallons of road rash ointment

If you have a little left consider a comfortable coffin.

While I would never disparage an Ultra, a Goldwing is a better bike by every measure. You can't go wrong with either one.

On the coolness scale, however, it's no contest.

Whatever bike you choose be sure you devote 50% of what you pay for it to essentials....

A really good helmet
Really good leathers
Toughest boots you can find
At least 2 gallons of road rash ointment

If you have a little left consider a comfortable coffin.
A lot of that depends mainly on the type of bike and the age of the rider. It's the supersport bikes that have the highest accident/fatality rates and are mostly ridden by "indestructible" young people........ They're basically street legal racers with high horsepower to weight ratios making them extremely dangerous.

probably a good choice.

I bought a Kawasaki Mach II (500) once from a guy in Youngstown. He loved the bike and hated selling it, but his father hated the fact that his son was doing something as dangerous as riding a high-performance bike. So his father bought him a DiTomaso Pantera. What we do to satisfy our parents...

'effs them all up NC.....what we do is find the non-pancake syrup gasoline , add stabalizer....or just run tanks dry in the fall ~S~

Yup, that's what to do. I've slowly been migrating over to more electric tools here because of that. Electric weedeater, pressure washer, chainsaw, air compressor. But still have two generators, a snowblower, the big pressure washer and air compressors and a couple chainsaws I haven't gotten rid of yet. The generators are easy. Once every couple months I'll use them for whatever project I have going on in the garage for a day. Or run the camper off of it for a few hours when setting that up for a weekend. But starting the others randomly throughout their "off" season is getting old.

Forum List

Back