Bigotry or good marketing technique?

So go to BabelFish Translation and find out what "I want a Pizza" is in Spanish. Prolly not any more complicated than "Pizza por favor".

And if you had guts, you'd do it with a real red neck accent too just to piss everyone off!

"Hey! HEY! PEET-Zuh poor Fay-Vore".

It doesn't say it has to be PERFECT Spanish! :lol:

Last edited:
Pizza Patron is running a promotion where you can get a free pie by ordering in Mexican. What do you all think of this?
'Pizza Patron' Pizza Chain Offers Free Pizza Pie If You Place Your Order In Spanish

All I know is, if the guy next door to the pizza place were giving away free beer on the same day to those who could order it in English, the ACLU would be at his business raising hell.

He'd be out of business before they could get there, idiot.

One day only between 5 and 8 PM. The ad is for a Pepperoni Pie but no clue about the size. It might be good marketing but my guess is that the pizza joint will take a beating.

At this point, if the owner were smart he'd repeat the offer for a different language each week. Keep the publicity going.

Pizza Patron is running a promotion where you can get a free pie by ordering in Mexican. ]

There is no language named, "Mexican." People from Mexico speak Spanish and/or one of several indigenous languages.

Sorry, they speak a bastardized version of Spanish. Any Spaniard will tell you that.
So, what do you think of the pizza promotion?

Pizza Patron is running a promotion where you can get a free pie by ordering in Mexican. ]

There is no language named, "Mexican." People from Mexico speak Spanish and/or one of several indigenous languages.

Sorry, they speak a bastardized version of Spanish. Any Spaniard will tell you that.

The Spaniard would be a pretentious prick. A person from Portugual or the UK could say the same about Brazil or the US but they speak Portuguese in Brazil and we speak English in the US.

A private business can run any promotion it wants, but this sounds like a bad business decision to me.

The Spaniard would be a pretentious prick. A person from Portugual or the UK could say the same about Brazil or the US but they speak Portuguese in Brazil and we speak English in the US.

A private business can run any promotion it wants, but this sounds like a bad business decision to me.

Depending on the customer base the business owner wants to appeal to, it might be a good decision. Personally, I don't have a problem with what this guy did. He is a private business owner and should be allowed to whatever is legal/moral/ethical to improve his profits (yes, I said "profits"). Customers have the choice to participate, or not. I found it amusing that something like this made national news. I mean, really?

Forum List

Back