Bigot starts ground zero church: Where's the outrage?

The church rejected the new site and $60 million in public money. They are free to rebuild on the old site but the church says the site is too small, so obviously there are some size problems with the building code.
the $60 million is to build the blast sheild needed for the PA parking structure under the proposed new church
they were NOT giving the church $60 m
"please provide proof of this"
already DID, moron

Bigot starts ground zero church: Where's the outrage? - War Room - Salon.com
A pastor who hates Muslims, Mormons and gays will start preaching Sunday. Will mosque opponents speak out?
BY JUSTIN ELLIOTT

A bigoted pastor who has assailed gays and Muslims is launching the "9-11 Christian Center at Ground Zero" a mere two blocks from the World Trade Center site this Sunday, but so far the project hasn't drawn a peep of protest from those who are outraged by the "ground zero mosque."

Pastor Bill Keller of Florida said today he will begin preaching Sunday at the Marriott at 85 West Street (see proximity to ground zero here). A weekly service is planned at the hotel until the $8 million 9/11 Christian Center finds a permanent space. (Fundraising is going well, Keller told Salon today.)

To get a sense of where Keller is coming from, consider his project's website, which calls Islam a religion of "hate and death" whose adherents will go to hell. It also says: "Islam is a wonderful religion... for PEDOPHILES!"

Keller is the same pastor who hosted a birther infomercial that encouraged viewers to send him and a partner donations to advance the birther cause. His Internet ministry explicitly calls President Obama the new Hitler. He calls homosexuality a perversion. And in 2008, he targeted presidential contender Mitt Romney for being Mormon with a campaign called "voting for Satan."

In short, if critics of the Park51 Islamic community center, which is explicitly welcoming of all faiths, truly believe that there is a "zone of solemnity" around ground zero (as Gov. Pat Quinn put it), they should be horrified at Keller's 9/11 Christian Center.

Ditto for those who believe that religious leaders should not build "deliberately provocative" projects around ground zero, as another mosque opponent put it.

How many Christian terrorists were involved in 9/11????

oh fuck off moron
sheeesh you clearly didn't research this as well as i did
:rofl:
Then Put up some money, SUCKER
first off, i dont make bets with fucking morons, and its against the rules of the board
you have a problem with that, talk to a mod/admin
Who said anything about a bet? SUCKER

I'm asking you to warrantee your lie that the $60 million was "to build the blast sheild needed for the PA parking structure under the proposed new church."

You know that is a lie due to your thorough "research," so you will make any excuse not to warranty what you know is a lie. SUCKER

I will warranty with an unlimited amount of money that not all of the $60 million was "to build the blast sheild needed for the PA parking structure under the proposed new church"

:rofl:
Then Put up some money, SUCKER
first off, i dont make bets with fucking morons, and its against the rules of the board

I'm asking you to warrantee your lie that the $60 million was "to build the blast sheild needed for the PA parking structure under the proposed new church."

You know that is a lie due to your thorough "research," so you will make any excuse not to warranty what you know is a lie. SUCKER

I will warranty with an unlimited amount of money that not all of the $60 million was "to build the blast sheild needed for the PA parking structure under the proposed new church"
fuck you moron
i read the stories and that is exactly what it is for

fuck you moron
Like I said, thanks to your extensive research you know you are lying so you will not warrantee your WORTHLESS words.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/19/nyregion/19church.html

Last July, the Port Authority and the Greek Orthodox Church announced a tentative plan to rebuild the church just east of its original site, at Liberty and Greenwich Streets. The authority agreed to provide the church with land for a 24,000-square-foot house of worship, far larger than the original, and $20 million. Since the church would be built in a park over the bomb-screening center, the authority also agreed to pay up to $40 million for a blast-proof platform and foundation.

A pastor who hates Muslims, Mormons and gays will start preaching Sunday. Will mosque opponents speak out?
BY JUSTIN ELLIOTT

A bigoted pastor who has assailed gays and Muslims is launching the "9-11 Christian Center at Ground Zero" a mere two blocks from the World Trade Center site this Sunday, but so far the project hasn't drawn a peep of protest from those who are outraged by the "ground zero mosque."

Pastor Bill Keller of Florida said today he will begin preaching Sunday at the Marriott at 85 West Street (see proximity to ground zero here). A weekly service is planned at the hotel until the $8 million 9/11 Christian Center finds a permanent space. (Fundraising is going well, Keller told Salon today.)

To get a sense of where Keller is coming from, consider his project's website, which calls Islam a religion of "hate and death" whose adherents will go to hell. It also says: "Islam is a wonderful religion... for PEDOPHILES!"

Keller is the same pastor who hosted a birther infomercial that encouraged viewers to send him and a partner donations to advance the birther cause. His Internet ministry explicitly calls President Obama the new Hitler. He calls homosexuality a perversion. And in 2008, he targeted presidential contender Mitt Romney for being Mormon with a campaign called "voting for Satan."

In short, if critics of the Park51 Islamic community center, which is explicitly welcoming of all faiths, truly believe that there is a "zone of solemnity" around ground zero (as Gov. Pat Quinn put it), they should be horrified at Keller's 9/11 Christian Center.

Ditto for those who believe that religious leaders should not build "deliberately provocative" projects around ground zero, as another mosque opponent put it.

<yawn>

and?

BY JUSTIN ELLIOTT

<yawn>

and?

well at least he made it through an entire post without saying the "r" word.

fuck you moron
Like I said, thanks to your extensive research you know you are lying so you will not warrantee your WORTHLESS words.

Last July, the Port Authority and the Greek Orthodox Church announced a tentative plan to rebuild the church just east of its original site, at Liberty and Greenwich Streets. The authority agreed to provide the church with land for a 24,000-square-foot house of worship, far larger than the original, and $20 million. Since the church would be built in a park over the bomb-screening center, the authority also agreed to pay up to $40 million for a blast-proof platform and foundation.
thanks for proving in was right that the blast shield was what the money was for

the only thing i had wrong was the amount
but that is a HUGE percentage of the money

Last edited:
Does he A) have a permit, B) have the money, C) have the follow on permits? Is his church going to get the same fast track the Muslim center got?

An actual church that exists on the site and was damaged has YET to receive permits. Yet the Muslim center is getting permits fast tracked. Go figure.

Does he A) have a permit, B) have the money, C) have the follow on permits? Is his church going to get the same fast track the Muslim center got?

An actual church that exists on the site and was damaged has YET to receive permits. Yet the Muslim center is getting permits fast tracked. Go figure.
he's not actually BUILDING anything
he is RENTING space from the Marriot

fuck you moron

thanks for proving in was right that the blast shield was what the money was for

WRONG is still WRONG.

You didn't say a HUGH percentage, you said the $60 million was "to build the blast sheild needed for the PA parking structure under the proposed new church."

WRONG is still WRONG.

You didn't say a HUGH percentage, you said the $60 million was "to build the blast sheild needed for the PA parking structure under the proposed new church."
LOL you are pathetic

and btw, i never said "HUGH" i said "HUGE" the actually correct word
LOL

WRONG is still WRONG.

LOL you are pathetic

and btw, i never said "HUGH" i said "HUGE" the actually correct word
LOL
It's a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word.
Andrew Jackson

New Topics

Forum List

Back