Biggest Traitor in US History

Benedict Arnold, I think.

He sold out his nation because he was angry with Continental Congress for not giving him a higher rank.

Robert E. Lee did committ treason, but I think his motives were not venal.

I agree on your pick of Arnold. Arnold's disagreements were with Gates and Washington not the Continental Congress itself.

The biggest traitor in American history?

Hmmm, let's see.

He let the greatest mass murderer in American history go scott free.

He tricked the nation into invading the wrong country.

He stood by and ignored the genocide of hundreds of thousand of Christians.

While an American city was drowning, he played golf.

He sent tens of thousands of soldiers off to war with old, rusty and malfunctioning equipment AND cut their benefits while they served multiple tours in a war zone.

Who could it be?

Broken record, skip.Broken record, skip.Broken record, skip.Broken record, skip.Broken record, skip.Broken record, skip.Broken record, skip.

Doesn't stop it from being the truth,Doesn't stop it from being the truth,Doesn't stop it from being the truth,Doesn't stop it from being the truth,Doesn't stop it from being the truth,Doesn't stop it from being the truth.............

The biggest traitor in American history?

Hmmm, let's see.

He let the greatest mass murderer in American history go scott free.

He stood by and ignored the genocide of hundreds of thousand of Christians.

While an American city was drowning, he played golf.

He sent tens of thousands of soldiers off to war with old, rusty and malfunctioning equipment AND cut their benefits while they served multiple tours in a war zone.

Who could it be?

Broken record, skip.Broken record, skip.Broken record, skip.Broken record, skip.Broken record, skip.Broken record, skip.Broken record, skip.

Doesn't stop it from being the truth,Doesn't stop it from being the truth,Doesn't stop it from being the truth,Doesn't stop it from being the truth,Doesn't stop it from being the truth,Doesn't stop it from being the truth.............

In your case only in the mind of the truly delusional.

Ringel05, you are delusional. Br'er Bush did all those things, and, yes, he is accountable.

the biggest traitor in american history?

Hmmm, let's see.

He let the greatest mass murderer in american history go scott free.

He stood by and ignored the genocide of hundreds of thousand of christians.

While an american city was drowning, he played golf.

He sent tens of thousands of soldiers off to war with old, rusty and malfunctioning equipment and cut their benefits while they served multiple tours in a war zone.

Who could it be?

fdr

Ringel05, you are delusional. Br'er Bush did all those things, and, yes, he is accountable.

Another blind, partisan, supposed adult who never emotionally or mentally matured past the 9th grade.
Thanks for chiming in. Ignored as usual as the pure, partisan drool it is.

Another blind, partisan, supposed adult who never emotionally or mentally matured past the 9th grade.

The facts support my position, not yours. End of story. Run along.

Actually no they don't. It's simply your blind interpretation of them. I'm in a foul mood tonight so when you decide to post something not manifestly juvenile then I'll be willing to have a civil, adult discussion, until then go play with your leggos.

That you refuse to recognize Bush's outrageous deficiencies as President doesn't make those facts go away. Who cares if you are in a bad mood? That means nothing.

That you refuse to recognize Bush's outrageous deficiencies as President doesn't make those facts go away. Who cares if you are in a bad mood? That means nothing.

Deficiencies (as you see it) are not the same thing as being a traitor. Just because the president did something you don't personally agree with, that doesn't necessarily make him a traitor.

If you can make a case for treason per the Constitution against former President Bush, make it. If not, your posts end up being nothing more than partisan fervor.

I'm fully aware of Bush's deficiencies, I'm not defending him. I'm simply not willing to deal with the partisan idiots like you and your opposites who distort everything to support your possitions. You partisan morons are the problem with this country, not the fucking solution.

I would argue that Robert E. Lee was for the following reasons:

1. He rejected his US citizenship in order to join a rogue terrorist nation(little known fact, he lived out the remainder of his years on parole and never was given his citizenship back during his lifetime).

2. He burned American flags and fought under a terrorist nation's flag.

3. He fought to preserve the evil institution of chattel slavery and was a HUGE proponent of slavery.

4. He murdered hundreds of thousands of American soldiers, more than Hitler, OBL, and Saddam combined.

5. He encouraged and led hundreds of thousands of former Americans to join a rogue nation and fight for that nation against the USA.

IF anyone can name a bigger traitor with evidence attached, I would welcome it.

As both a fellow Virginian and a kinsman to Lee, I have to say I feel his dilemma sharply. There is no question he was wrong on many levels, and God knows he was on the losing side (and the line between a Traitor and a Founding Father is often one battle), but it seems to me that the notion of Lee as a "Traitor" is too complicated for such a simplistic forum.

1. He rejected his US citizenship in order to join a rogue terrorist nation(little known fact, he lived out the remainder of his years on parole and never was given his citizenship back during his lifetime).

3. He fought to preserve the evil institution of chattel slavery and was a HUGE proponent of slavery.

4. He murdered hundreds of thousands of American soldiers, more than Hitler, OBL, and Saddam combined.

5. He encouraged and led hundreds of thousands of former Americans to join a rogue nation and fight for that nation against the USA.

Robert E. Lee was not a traitor to his country. His country was Virginia and Virginia seceded from the United States and joined the Confederate States.

The Confederacy was not a "terrorist state," the Union invaded them to start the Civil War.

Lee was not a proponent of slavery he was an opponent of slavery and believed that it would fade away if left to its own devices.

Lee didn't murder anyone. The murders of the Civil War took place under Sheridan and Sherman who murdered, raped, and robbed innocent southern civilians including slaves they were supposedly supposed to be freeing.

The South started a war. They subsequently got their ass kicked in that war. A good thing for our nation.

yea I never agree with blaming soliders for following lawful orders or fighting for their country/state whatever. blame the politicians and policies, not the soldiers.

Especially in the Civil War. A single act of legislative courage (abolishing slavery) and they'd have broke free from the North inside a few months. Without the specter of Slavery to fight against, Northern morale would have crumpled and the European powers put off by the institution of Slavery would have entered the fray.

The politicans lost the Civil War. I can't blame Lee for the choice he was forced to make, but I can blame the folks that forced him to make that choice.

The north wasn't fighting against slavery. Many northern soldiers were upset with Lincoln after the Emancipation Proclamation, despite the fact that it didn't free a single slave.

And slavery exists where at present in the US? The Emancipation Proclamation did end slavery in the US. There was no option for the states exempted to keep slavery legal when the rest of the states were free.

Actually no they don't. It's simply your blind interpretation of them. I'm in a foul mood tonight so when you decide to post something not manifestly juvenile then I'll be willing to have a civil, adult discussion, until then go play with your leggos.

How can you engage in something that you are not intellectually capable of?

As both a fellow Virginian and a kinsman to Lee, I have to say I feel his dilemma sharply. There is no question he was wrong on many levels, and God knows he was on the losing side (and the line between a Traitor and a Founding Father is often one battle), but it seems to me that the notion of Lee as a "Traitor" is too complicated for such a simplistic forum.

True, all too true. At that time the status of loyalty to state was often equal or greater than that to the nation. And that is why, had the Confederacy succeed in seccesion, they would have subsequently broken up into a set of feuding states. A Balkanization that would have been bad for all.

the biggest traitor in american history?

Hmmm, let's see.

He let the greatest mass murderer in american history go scott free.

He stood by and ignored the genocide of hundreds of thousand of christians.

While an american city was drowning, he played golf.

He sent tens of thousands of soldiers off to war with old, rusty and malfunctioning equipment and cut their benefits while they served multiple tours in a war zone.

Who could it be?

fdr
Woodrow Wilson.

The north wasn't fighting against slavery. Many northern soldiers were upset with Lincoln after the Emancipation Proclamation, despite the fact that it didn't free a single slave.

You missed the point. In the North the exsistence of the institution of Slavery was a major rally point that kept the North in the war even after the South handed the North defeat after humiliating defeat in the early days. If you don't buy that, look up some of the editiorials to come out of the major Chicago, New York, and other larger metropolitan papers.

Not only that, England had taken the stance long before the Civil War of outlawing slavery on the high seas and actively hunting slave traders. Most of Europe was of an abolishonist mind set at that time period.

If the South had abolished slavery right at the start of the War a major PR point for the North would have evaporated and one of the major stumbling blocks to British intervention in the war would have dissapeared. The South lost the war by not abolishing slavery.

That's why I can hold Jefferson Davis responsible. As a politician he should have seen the score and worked to abolish slavery outright before the war started. He didn't, and instead you get a bunch of mini-Declaration of Independences from the States that mention slavery numerous times.

Fun Drinking game:
1. Read the Secession articles of 4 of the states here.
2. Search for the word "slave" or "slavery".
3. Take a drink at each instance.
4. Die of alcohol poisoning.

The Federal Government may not have fought to end slavery, and the average Southerner may not have fought to preserve it, but for the public in the North, and the politicians in the South, slavery was a big deal. It kept the North fighting, and the South isolated. Without slavery in the equation the South would have broken free of the North. With slavery in the picture, it lost.

Last edited:

Robert E. Lee was not a traitor to his country. His country was Virginia and Virginia seceded from the United States and joined the Confederate States.

The Confederacy was not a "terrorist state," the Union invaded them to start the Civil War.

Lee was not a proponent of slavery he was an opponent of slavery and believed that it would fade away if left to its own devices.

Lee didn't murder anyone. The murders of the Civil War took place under Sheridan and Sherman who murdered, raped, and robbed innocent southern civilians including slaves they were supposedly supposed to be freeing.

The South started a war. They subsequently got their ass kicked in that war. A good thing for our nation.

Incorrect. The south attacked Union forts within their borders, but did not start the war. The war started with Lincoln invading the south.

Forum List

Back