• Elvis

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Hendrix

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Morrison

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4sH3zmPwVgA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4sH3zmPwVgA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lhgO8rZs1Fg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lhgO8rZs1Fg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

none of the above. they were all a bunch of drug addicts and drunks who helped ruin the lives of millions of adolescent children.

This is so classic. You're such a fucking joke.

I was one of the coolest drug dealers at a time when it was cool. :cool: Then I quit and volunteered to serve my country because I was fucked on LSD. Go ARMY!!!

By the way OP, this list is way too incomplete to participate in its current form.

Cobain mentioned again

He was a no talent guitarist in a crappy ass band that only found a niche... .Oh boy, talk about young person angst and create music to slash your wrists too...

Cobain was a no talent hack and should not even have been brought up in this thread about the dead greats of music...

As stated in the other thread... the best sound Cobain ever made was "bang"

Cobain mentioned again

He was a no talent guitarist in a crappy ass band that only found a niche... .Oh boy, talk about young person angst and create music to slash your wrists too...

Cobain was a no talent hack and should not even have been brought up in this thread about the dead greats of music...

That's a lot of antipathetic criticism for very little reason.
You're no less than a bigot—by definition—and you ostensibly fail to understand that as a form of art, the value of one kind of music, or of a particular band or piece, is quite arbitrary and often relative. Different people favor various music; you're very well entitled to your "dead greats."

By the way, the "best sound Cobain made" comment was in very bad taste. You may as well have pulled the trigger.

Cobain mentioned again

You're no less than a bigot—by definition—and you ostensibly fail to understand that as a form of art, the value of one kind of music, or of a particular band or piece, is quite arbitrary and often relative. Different people favor various music; you're very well entitled to your "dead greats."

By the way, the "best sound Cobain made" comment was in very bad taste. You may as well have pulled the trigger.

You think it is about the "kind" of music... nope.... I can actually appreciate some of the contributors to the "grunge" movement... Alice in Chains, Screaming Trees, etc.... Cobain, on the other hand, was a talentless hack.... a poster boy for the "you can't feel my pain" movement... piss poor guitarist, horrid lyricist, and a crappy song writer... ooooohhh, making music that can depress teenagers. That's a real hard and complex thing :rolleyes:

As for my "Cobain comment"... were you expecting a tear filled remorseful reply?? Keep waiting.... it's no tragedy the drug filled depression addict offed himself... at least the guy shot where he could do the least damage.. not like he had much useful going on upstairs anyway.... he actually did the music community a favor, so no more of his crap would ever be heard again

John lennon easily to my mind.

His music still dominates sales almost three decades after his death.

He could have done so much more, his comback album 'Double fantasy' had just hit big and career was on the rise.

The fact that he never thought anyone would want to kill him (as he himself was a peaceful man) was his undoing.

Cobain mentioned again

You think it is about the "kind" of music... nope.... I can actually appreciate some of the contributors to the "grunge" movement... Alice in Chains, Screaming Trees, etc.... Cobain, on the other hand, was a talentless hack.... a poster boy for the "you can't feel my pain" movement... piss poor guitarist, horrid lyricist, and a crappy song writer... ooooohhh, making music that can depress teenagers. That's a real hard and complex thing :rolleyes:

As for my "Cobain comment"... were you expecting a tear filled remorseful reply?? Keep waiting.... it's no tragedy the drug filled depression addict offed himself... at least the guy shot where he could do the least damage.. not like he had much useful going on upstairs anyway.... he actually did the music community a favor, so no more of his crap would ever be heard again

I actually didn't and don't think it's the kind with which you have an issue; I was speaking more generally, and by kind I meant Nirvana's "brand of" grunge.

"it's no tragedy the drug filled depression addict offed himself... at least the guy shot where he could do the least damage.. not like he had much useful going on upstairs anyway.... he actually did the music community a favor, so no more of his crap would ever be heard again"
That's very insightful of you. Schadenfreude as catharsis? :eusa_eh:

Cobain mentioned again

You could be mentioning the same in reference to Layne Staley in Alice in Chains. Drug Abuser. Speed Baller. I like both Nirvana and AIC but you shouldn't be making a mockery out of Cobain while you uplift Alice in Chains for their "contributions to grunge".

You could be mentioning the same in reference to Layne Staley in Alice in Chains. Drug Abuser. Speed Baller. I like both Nirvana and AIC but you shouldn't be making a mockery out of Cobain while you uplift Alice in Chains for their "contributions to grunge".

Not "uplifting" AIC or anyone in AIC for what they have done... but at least they had some goddamn talent... Cobain could have been replaced on guitar with an epileptic gibbon, and in songwriting by a person with a frontal lobotomy who was randomly putting words together....

Why are those guys tragedies? They are LEGENDS! The real tragedies are the Naked Brothers Band and the Jonas Brothers.

Forum List

Back