Biggest drop in 77 years

I have a 1981 Ford F-150 pickup with a 351 Windsor engine in it, and it gets 14 mpg on average. The program will not allow me to trade in my old truck because they will not accept anything older than 1984, and you must get more than 10 mpg upgrade with the new truck. The year leaves me out of the clunker program, and the 10 mpg increase would also leave me out because a 1/2 ton pickup that gets 24 mpg is not manufactured. The program is FUBAR. What Obama wants Americans to drive are tiny cars that you can't do anything with except get you from point A to point B.

The rules are just too restrictive too. In addition, the engines of these old cars will be seized up with a liquid glass. The oil will be drained out of a perfectly good running engine, and 2 quarts of a liquid glass will be poured into the engine. Then the engine is started and the 250 degrees of the engine will turn the liquid into a solid glass which will plug up all oil holes and the engine will knock for a few seconds, then completely seize up, never to be used again.

Last edited:
I have a 1981 Ford F-150 pickup with a 351 Windsor engine in it, and it gets 14 mpg on average. The program will not allow me to trade in my old truck because they will not accept anything older than 1984, and you must get more than 10 mpg upgrade with the new truck. The year leaves me out of the clunker program, and the 10 mpg increase would also leave me out because a 1/2 ton pickup that gets 24 mpg is not manufactured. The program is FUBAR. What Obama wants Americans to drive are tiny cars that you can't do anything with except get you from point A to point B.

Just buy one a couple yrs old, get a little better millage, and save yourself about 15-20Gs from new.:cool:

Forum List

Back