Bigger Government against smaller Government

There is a discussion going on in our society right now it is about Bigger Government and Smaller Government. The question is which one is better for the people. Bigger Government is based on Government programs that are paid for by taxpayers. Smaller Government is the elimination of Government programs that in some people's eyes are not necessary and to only have Government programs that are necessary.

The argument comes down to what people need and or believe. Some people need and believe that as a citizen of this Country that the Government was created to take care of them in ways. It is my opinion that Government serves a purpose for some and that is good. The problem is it serves too much of a purpose for too many people. The Government is there to help people who truly need it. Keyword truly.

Then there is small Government. The people who back small Government believes that the Government shouldn’t touch our lives in certain situations I agree. For example, ask yourself should Government have the right to make taxes for sugary drinks because they think it is unhealthy for you? An example the Philadelphia beverage tax. Should the Government decide what medical procedures you need to be done? For example, single-payer healthcare. Should the Government fund programs without investigating its need to society?

The role of Government in our Country is a complex issue that has become more an issue of political belief then what is best for the people of this Country. Our leaders need to solve this issue and quick because the debt clock is rolling and we need answers. My solution is that Government should be used when needed. A qualification concept needs to be put in place and struck too. The Government will have a right place.

My view isn't one of bigger government or smaller government, but of more intelligent government.

The problem here is that the voters don't agree with me.

Forum List

Back