Big win for believers in the Constitution.

The House voted to allow concealed carry across state lines. Now the bill moves to the Senate where 2nd Amendment hating democrats will hold their breaths until they turn blue.

House approves concealed-carry reciprocity, gun bill faces challenge in Senate
Cops across the country are shitting their pants....
Why?
They don't like the idea of everyone carrying a firearm..
Why? Their job gets a lot easier if they're just cleaning up the bodies of criminals shot by good people with guns. Shitty cops who like being on the power trip of having a gun on them may be worried. Good cops aren't.
The local marshall just quit stating that as the main reason...Too many armed folks he said...Eh I am sure nothing but good will come from it...

The House voted to allow concealed carry across state lines. Now the bill moves to the Senate where 2nd Amendment hating democrats will hold their breaths until they turn blue.

Why?

I walked into a store tonight and there was a man walking towards me with an old fashioned six-shooter in a holster. No one batted an eye.

No one shits their pants over a gun unless it is pointed at them!

I suggest some Immodium for your problem.
I have a few firearms but I don't carry them around, never had needed to..

Good for you! Other people may not feel that way!
My son loves to carry his around..

Why?

I walked into a store tonight and there was a man walking towards me with an old fashioned six-shooter in a holster. No one batted an eye.

Nobody here even worries about guns on someone. Hell, they usually have one themselves.

Why?
Why? Their job gets a lot easier if they're just cleaning up the bodies of criminals shot by good people with guns. Shitty cops who like being on the power trip of having a gun on them may be worried. Good cops aren't.
The local marshall just quit stating that as the main reason...Too many armed folks he said...Eh I am sure nothing but good will come from it...
So he'd rather stay at his job knowing only the criminals wanting to kill him are hiding weapons rather than have citizens available to help him armed. Does that make much sense?

Another kick in the balls to state rights by the Repubs. Go figure.
So now states rights come before constitutional rights? You seem kind of picky when you think that should happen. If you believed in states rights gay marriage in California would be illegal and Arizona would be enforcing immigration laws. The second amendment is one of very few constitutional rights and should never be allowed to be circumvented at any level of government.

So, what you are seem to be saying is that there should be no state gun laws, that they should all be Federal?
or are you saying there should be no laws governing firearms at all?
Yes. It's a constitutional right to have and bear arms. This is a nation wide law given to every citizen of this country unless that right is taken away by the courts due to your own criminal behavior. Is this really that hard to understand?

So, there should be no laws dealing with arms (not just guns but all arms since the Constitution clearly says arms) at all except those that take away the right due to a crime? Is that your position?

Also, what gives the courts the power to take away a right given to every citizen by the constitution?
Yes no gun laws. The courts get to take away your rights upon conviction. It's kind of how we justify taking away your freedom for prison time.

Another kick in the balls to state rights by the Repubs. Go figure.
So now states rights come before constitutional rights? You seem kind of picky when you think that should happen. If you believed in states rights gay marriage in California would be illegal and Arizona would be enforcing immigration laws. The second amendment is one of very few constitutional rights and should never be allowed to be circumvented at any level of government.

So, what you are seem to be saying is that there should be no state gun laws, that they should all be Federal?
Yes. It's a constitutional right to have and bear arms. This is a nation wide law given to every citizen of this country unless that right is taken away by the courts due to your own criminal behavior. Is this really that hard to understand?

So, there should be no laws dealing with arms (not just guns but all arms since the Constitution clearly says arms) at all except those that take away the right due to a crime? Is that your position?

Also, what gives the courts the power to take away a right given to every citizen by the constitution?
Yes no gun laws. The courts get to take away your rights upon conviction. It's kind of how we justify taking away your freedom for prison time.

But not just guns, right but all arms. I mean the Constitution does say arms, not guns. People should be able to buy and possess any armament that they can afford, right?

Why?

I have a few firearms but I don't carry them around, never had needed to..

Good for you! Other people may not feel that way!
My son loves to carry his around..
Is that wrong?

Why?

They will when they run out of ammo!

Why?
So he'd rather stay at his job knowing only the criminals wanting to kill him are hiding weapons rather than have citizens available to help him armed. Does that make much sense?
Well he probably wouldn't mind if there wasn't so much drug and booze abuse going on..

But not just guns, right but all arms. I mean the Constitution does say arms, not guns. People should be able to buy and possess any armament that they can afford, right?
Yes. Why not? Unless you're threatening people with them why is there a random limit to what everyone can own? If I want a full auto why can't I have one? I haven't committed any crimes. If I can afford a tank, and want one, why should I not be able to have it? It's not practical but fuck it. Has nothing to do with practical. I just want one.

Why?

Perhaps he is just as sacred of the help as the criminals. Having seen highly trained Marines lose it under pressure I do not have much faith in the guy that spent 20 hours getting subpar training.

Yes. Why not? Unless you're threatening people with them why is there a random limit to what everyone can own? If I want a full auto why can't I have one? I haven't committed any crimes. If I can afford a tank, and want one, why should I not be able to have it? It's not practical but fuck it. Has nothing to do with practical. I just want one.

Thanks, just trying to clarify. Didn't say it was wrong.

One episode of sliders called the beach probably would be cool in real life.

Have a bunch of teams of thugs, red necks and hicks kill each other as they move up the levels. The winner gets 100 million dollars and doesn't have to pay taxes ever again.

Someone wants to kill people? Here you go!
Someone wants to fire off guns? here you go!

Last edited:

“Big win for believers in the Constitution.”

This is as ignorant as it is ridiculous.

The Constitution is not some holy book or religious dogma to be ‘believed in’; the Constitution exists solely in the context of its case law, as determined by the courts – and ultimately the Supreme Court.

Moreover, reciprocity with regard to concealed carry licenses is not about the Second Amendment or the rights enshrined in the Amendment.

Reciprocity is a political – not judicial – process pursuant to Article IV, Section 1 of the Constitution.

Should the measure be signed into law, one with a concealed firearm license may travel through or visit a state other than his state of residence and lawfully carry a concealed firearm.

This does not apply to new residents of a given state, who must obtain a new concealed carry license in accordance with their new state’s laws.

Reciprocity neither ‘creates’ new rights nor ‘expands’ existing rights.

“Big win for believers in the Constitution.”

This is as ignorant as it is ridiculous.

The Constitution is not some holy book or religious dogma to be ‘believed in’; the Constitution exists solely in the context of its case law, as determined by the courts – and ultimately the Supreme Court.

Moreover, reciprocity with regard to concealed carry licenses is not about the Second Amendment or the rights enshrined in the Amendment.

Reciprocity is a political – not judicial – process pursuant to Article IV, Section 1 of the Constitution.

Should the measure be signed into law, one with a concealed firearm license may travel through or visit a state other than his state of residence and lawfully carry a concealed firearm.

This does not apply to new residents of a given state, who must obtain a new concealed carry license in accordance with their new state’s laws.

Reciprocity neither ‘creates’ new rights nor ‘expands’ existing rights.
You could have saved yourself a shitload of time and just typed "I'm mad"

:lol:
:dunno:

New Topics

Forum List

Back