Big win for believers in the Constitution.

The House voted to allow concealed carry across state lines. Now the bill moves to the Senate where 2nd Amendment hating democrats will hold their breaths until they turn blue.

House approves concealed-carry reciprocity, gun bill faces challenge in Senate

So much for 'State's Rights'

The default defense for federally mandated social crap is the supremacy clause, funny how it doesn't apply to guns and dope in the minds of regressives. Hypocrite much?

The House voted to allow concealed carry across state lines. Now the bill moves to the Senate where 2nd Amendment hating democrats will hold their breaths until they turn blue.

So much for 'State's Rights'

Yeah, we felt the same way in my state when gay marriage invaded. We had a vote on SSM years earlier and it was voted down, but the courts believed their ruling overrides our vote.

It has been a good couple of days all around.

Rolling back the unconstitutional land grab..check.
Moving our embassy to Jerusalem and recognizing Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel..check.
Allowing concealed carry across state borders...check.
Tax cuts...check.

Another week of Christmas for me. That makes what, 56 weeks of Christmas since he was elected.

Best year ever.

And lets not forget the constitutional judges being loaded up across the courts in the country. Merry Christmas.

So now states rights come before constitutional rights? You seem kind of picky when you think that should happen. If you believed in states rights gay marriage in California would be illegal and Arizona would be enforcing immigration laws. The second amendment is one of very few constitutional rights and should never be allowed to be circumvented at any level of government.

This is the same as if they passed a abortion reciprocity law. So if 2nd trimester abortions are legal in your home state, they have to perform 2nd trimester abortions in Texas.
They do? How do you figure that? Is abortion a constitutional right we somehow missed? The 2nd tells us we have the right to bear arms as a citizen of this nation no matter what your state says. What amendment gives you the right to kill a child?

Cops across the country are shitting their pants....

Sure they are, and we will return to the wild wild west where people will have shoot outs in the street, and we will have daily murders because of road rage, and we will have innocent people getting gunned down by accident because of a careless CCW holder, and we will..............

This is an old argument presented to us in every state by anti-gun people. Guess what? Never happened. At least when a police officer interacts with a CCW holder, he understands that person has been checked out by every government agency to assure it was a law abiding citizen.

Another kick in the balls to state rights by the Repubs. Go figure.
So now states rights come before constitutional rights? You seem kind of picky when you think that should happen. If you believed in states rights gay marriage in California would be illegal and Arizona would be enforcing immigration laws. The second amendment is one of very few constitutional rights and should never be allowed to be circumvented at any level of government.

So, what you are seem to be saying is that there should be no state gun laws, that they should all be Federal?
or are you saying there should be no laws governing firearms at all?
Yes. It's a constitutional right to have and bear arms. This is a nation wide law given to every citizen of this country unless that right is taken away by the courts due to your own criminal behavior. Is this really that hard to understand?

Why?
They don't like the idea of everyone carrying a firearm..
Why? Their job gets a lot easier if they're just cleaning up the bodies of criminals shot by good people with guns. Shitty cops who like being on the power trip of having a gun on them may be worried. Good cops aren't.

Why?

I walked into a store tonight and there was a man walking towards me with an old fashioned six-shooter in a holster. No one batted an eye.

No one shits their pants over a gun unless it is pointed at them!

I suggest some Immodium for your problem.

Why?

I walked into a store tonight and there was a man walking towards me with an old fashioned six-shooter in a holster. No one batted an eye.

I have a few firearms but I don't carry them around, never had needed to..

I believe the number 2 comes before 10

The relevant part isn't even in the amendments. It is called the full faith and credit clause.

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

Full Faith and Credit Clause - Wikipedia

So, what you are seem to be saying is that there should be no state gun laws, that they should all be Federal?
or are you saying there should be no laws governing firearms at all?
Yes. It's a constitutional right to have and bear arms. This is a nation wide law given to every citizen of this country unless that right is taken away by the courts due to your own criminal behavior. Is this really that hard to understand?

So, there should be no laws dealing with arms (not just guns but all arms since the Constitution clearly says arms) at all except those that take away the right due to a crime? Is that your position?

Also, what gives the courts the power to take away a right given to every citizen by the constitution?

Yeah, they had no problem with O forcing obamacare down every state and forcing people to purchase a product/service. Yet, they get mad when the constitution enumerates each individuals rights.

Why?

I have a few firearms but I don't carry them around, never had needed to..

Good for you! Other people may not feel that way!

I believe the number 2 comes before 10

The relevant part isn't even in the amendments. It is called the full faith and credit clause.

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

Full Faith and Credit Clause - Wikipedia

So, then you are cool with the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage I assume?

I'm encouraged by the response from the Board Liberals.

Their concern over states rights has given me new found hope.
The Confederate Monuments will remain. The Stars and Bars
will once again flutter under the Blue Sky.

Our Southern Hero's fought to defend States Rights. They were not
traitors...they were Southern Patriots.

Now we can deport the Beaners, repeal the 13th Amendment and we'll
have 40 million ready to pick the crops.

Forum List

Back