Big Ten ( really 14) has 9 teams in postseason!!

9 teams making bowl games, that's a bad year for the SEC!
Lets count them again, shall we?

(1) Alabama
(2) Auburn
(3) LSU
(4) Tennessee
(5) Florida
(6) South Carolina
(7) Mississippi State
(8) Vanderbilt
(9) Texas A&M
(10) Arkansas
(11) Georgia
(12) Kentucky

I count 12 teams. The only SEC teams not going to a bowl are Missouri and Ole Miss.

2016-17 College Football Playoff and bowl schedule

Mississippi state is 5-7 and they're in the St Petersburg Bowl. You really gonna count that.?

Yeah, the SEC was down this year.
So, you call 12 out of 14 teams going to a bowl a down year? One of only two undefeated teams in the nation is from the SEC.

Yes, I think the SEC is down this year. Going to a bowl only means they had 6 wins. Look at the polls.
POLL:

(1) Alabama
(14) Auburn
(17) Florida
(20) LSU
(21) Tennessee

Alabama --------- 13 - 0
Auburn ----------- 8 - 4
Florida ------------ 8 - 4
LSU ------------- 7 - 4
Tennessee ------ 8 - 4

TOTAL ----- 44 -- 16

That's 5 teams out of the top 21 in the country

BOWL TEAMS:

Georgia ---------- 7 - 5
Kentucky -------- 7 - 5
South Carolina -- 6 - 6
Vanderbilt -------- 6 - 6
Texas A&M ------ 8 - 4
Arkansas --------- 7 - 5
Mississippi State 5 - 7

TOTAL --- 46 -- 38 ( BOWL TEAMS NOT RANKED )
TOTAL --- 44 -- 16 ( RANKED TEAMS )

TOTAL -------- 90 -- 54 ( 12 teams going to bowls )

AVERAGE ----- 7.5 -- 4.5 ( wins and losses for the 12 bowl teams )

TOTAL FOR ALL TEAMS IN THE SEC:
99 --- 69 ( wins and losses )
AVERAGE ---- 7.071 ----- 4.929 ( wins and losses for all 14 SEC teams for 2016 )

WINNING PERCENTAGE FOR SEC CONFERENCE: .589

Alabama is 13-0. No other SEC team has 10 wins. No other SEC team has 9 wins. 8-4 is not an especially good record.

Lets count them again, shall we?

(1) Alabama
(2) Auburn
(3) LSU
(4) Tennessee
(5) Florida
(6) South Carolina
(7) Mississippi State
(8) Vanderbilt
(9) Texas A&M
(10) Arkansas
(11) Georgia
(12) Kentucky

I count 12 teams. The only SEC teams not going to a bowl are Missouri and Ole Miss.

2016-17 College Football Playoff and bowl schedule

I was saying only 9 teams like in the Big Ten is gloating about would be a down year in the SEC. I know 12 out of 14 made it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My bad. I misunderstood.

It's all good, tough put the right meaning in some post, mine was one.

And the Big Ten has 4 teams in the top 8.!!!!!
What's the winning percentage of the conference? How many wins and losses does the conference have total?

You can't really go by winning percentage since some teams pick weak non-conference opponents. The SEC is notorious for that. A few weeks back bama played the chatanooga mocs from the southern conference!!! The conference with the mercer bears and the wofford terriers HAHA. That's why you have to go by the polls since that takes into account strength of schedule.

And the Big Ten has 4 teams in the top 8.!!!!!
What's the winning percentage of the conference? How many wins and losses does the conference have total?

You can't really go by winning percentage since some teams pick weak non-conference opponents. The SEC is notorious for that. A few weeks back bama played the chatanooga mocs from the southern conference!!! The conference with the mercer bears and the wofford terriers HAHA. That's why you have to go by the polls since that takes into account strength of schedule.

Yep, Bama schedules an FCS school around that time every week. It is good for them and good to have a break in that part of our conference schedule.

I always find it amusing that people are quick to laugh at Bama scheduling smaller teams. But OSU playing Bowling Green seems ok? lol

Penn State would've been a better choice for the play-offs.
They won the conference title, and they beat Ohio State.

OSU still has the better record and nobody wants Pedophile State Univ. to be national champ..

Even if Penn State was in the playoffs, I don't think you would have to worry about them winning the national championship

Forum List

Back