Big Republican Anti Union Poster Disappears

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
Just in case he's still around:

"If you're trying to shit me you can forget it!! I'm 78 years old and I remember times when there were no unions. If someone was injured on the job they were fired. If a straw boss didn't like you...history. People worked all day for $0.75 and their lunch. The railroads rented converted railway box cars into apartments and rented them back to the employees....that way if they gave a raise they could adjust the rent to get it back. Coal miners were paid in scrip and it was only recoverable at company owned stores. Attempts to unionize were thwarted for many years by company hired thugs and murderers and only after some strikes which in fact would have shut big companies down did anybody gain a damn thing. It was slow coming.

I'll describe to you what the Republican party has already begun to take us back to. Before social security began to actually pay benefits in the 1940s there were county poor farms. Places where there was one big house and a couple of acres of land. People who were poor or disabled ended up in those houses....referred to as Poorhouses. Those who were still able raised enough corn and beans on the place to keep everyone alive until the next harvest. As we speak there are remnants of those old houses all across this nation...usually with unmarked graves close by. Your god damned party has always hated social security and other assistance because it ensured some degree of respect and dignity for those in our society who were the least of the least.......usually not of their own doing."

Can you see a trend here:

84216861.jpg

image4297.jpg

Last edited:
People do forget that it was big company practices that necessitated unions. All they see today is something they view as an impediment to 'the free market'. Unions have had their defects; after all, they are made of humans. Just trusting big business to 'do the right thing', however, is not historically justified.

People do forget that it was big company practices that necessitated unions. All they see today is something they view as an impediment to 'the free market'. Unions have had their defects; after all, they are made of humans. Just trusting big business to 'do the right thing', however, is not historically justified.

The problems for the unions began with two things....a couple of bad apples at the top getting involved with organized crime and Reagan threatening to fire the PATCO people if they didn't come back from a strike. That was the beginning of the end for unions and it was the end of PATCO. Now young people don't realize they would be working just like a Maylasian day laborer if there had never been unions in America.

If an intelligent person peruses this chart and doesn't see the connection they are too dumb to vote and should be turned away from the polls. Probably don't have to worry because they more than likely can't find their polling place anyway.

Chart-Union-Membership1-600x250.png

Last edited:
The poor / middle are getting much of their 'income' via redistribution now.

We spend a TRILLION of welfare alone. Need a $200,000 organ transplant and can't pay for it?

Just show up to the hospital.

In fact, the material well-being of of the poor / working class has improved 50% since 1980, your bullshit obfuscating, notwithstanding.

Fail.

LOL

Last edited:

The problems for the unions began with two things....a couple of bad apples at the top getting involved with organized crime and Reagan threatening to fire the PATCO people if they didn't come back from a strike. That was the beginning of the end for unions and it was the end of PATCO. Now young people don't realize they would be working just like a Maylasian day laborer if there had never been unions in America.

If an intelligent person peruses this chart and doesn't see the connection they are too dumb to vote and should be turned away from the polls. Probably don't have to worry because they more than likely can't find their polling place anyway.

Chart-Union-Membership1-600x250.png

Any links for where your getting the charts? You make it hard to give an informed response with just part of the information.

We spend a TRILLION of welfare alone. Need a $200,000 organ transplant and can't pay for it?

In fact, the material well-being of of the poor / working class has improved 50% since 1980, your bullshit obfuscating, notwithstanding.

Fail.

LOL

This comment looks like a diversion; the discussion was about unions, and there is not one mention of the topic in this post, just more bitching about poor people.

Fail.

LOL

This comment looks like a diversion; the discussion was about unions, and there is not one mention of the topic in this post, just more bitching about poor people.

The discussion was about aggregate 'income' of the working class v. producers. Thanks to explosive redistribution, income is now much more than payroll.

Last edited:

Fail.

LOL

The discussion was about aggregate 'income' of the working class v. producers. Thanks to explosive redistribution, income is now much more than payroll.

LOL

If there is "redistribution" going on, it is happening in a most peculiar fashion.

(good god, no wonder this nation is nearing the end with thinking like this)

LOL

[B]If there is "redistribution" going on, it is happening in a most peculiar fashion.[/B]

(good god, no wonder this nation is nearing the end with thinking like this)

I can only educate you. You'll need someone else to help you with your issue if it is not ignorance but instead - mild retardation:

Welfare Spending Now Largest Budget Item

'A new report by the non-partisan Congressional Research Service finds that the largest federal budget item is spending on welfare programs. To support the 83 programs that CRS identified as welfare programs, the federal government spends $745.84 billion.

That dollar amount exceeds the $725 billion spent by the federal government on Social Security, $480 billion on Medicare, and $540 billion on non-war defense.

In all, the U.S. government, including federal and state governments, spends in excess of $1 trillion on welfare. "Based on data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the Oxford Handbook of State and Local Government Finance, Budget Committee staff calculated at least an additional $283 billion in state contributions to those same federal programs, for a total annual expenditure of $1.03 trillion,"

Welfare Spending Now Largest Budget Item | The Weekly Standard

Last edited:
Sad that you have to depend on some union exploiting you and "working" for your 15 cent raise as you give up part of your paycheck to keep the union bosses, who exploit you, in the highest tax bracket. Always dependent on someone else.

Sad that you have to depend on some union exploiting you and "working" for your 15 cent raise as you give up part of your paycheck to keep the union bosses, who exploit you, in the highest tax bracket. Always dependent on someone else.

Okay, whatever. Carry on, because the current "supply side" economic plan of the Right Wing has really helped the middle class over the last 32 years [sarcasm intended].

FYI, I have not belonged to a labor union since 1981.

"If you're trying to shit me you can forget it!! I'm 78 years old and I remember times when there were no unions. If someone was injured on the job they were fired. If a straw boss didn't like you...history. People worked all day for $0.75 and their lunch. The railroads rented converted railway box cars into apartments and rented them back to the employees....that way if they gave a raise they could adjust the rent to get it back. Coal miners were paid in scrip and it was only recoverable at company owned stores. Attempts to unionize were thwarted for many years by company hired thugs and murderers and only after some strikes which in fact would have shut big companies down did anybody gain a damn thing. It was slow coming.

I'll describe to you what the Republican party has already begun to take us back to. Before social security began to actually pay benefits in the 1940s there were county poor farms. Places where there was one big house and a couple of acres of land. People who were poor or disabled ended up in those houses....referred to as Poorhouses. Those who were still able raised enough corn and beans on the place to keep everyone alive until the next harvest. As we speak there are remnants of those old houses all across this nation...usually with unmarked graves close by. Your god damned party has always hated social security and other assistance because it ensured some degree of respect and dignity for those in our society who were the least of the least.......usually not of their own doing."

84216861.jpg

image4297.jpg

Yes Norma Rae, unions used to be a good thing. Times have changed. They are monstrosities now, sucking money from their members and then ignoring them in favor of politics.
Ask the steel workers where their pensions are. Ask the UMW. Talk to Delphi.

Okay, whatever. Carry on, because the current "supply side" economic plan of the Right Wing has really helped the middle class over the last 32 years [sarcasm intended].

I see you are one of those who trades in empty libtard soundbites.

Trickle down economics began with the Industrial Revolution, or even before that. All free market economics is 'trickle down.'

The 30 year marker you use signals the end of America's post WW2 boom, which is a unique time in world history.

The rest of the industrial world no longer lays in bombed-out ruin like it did back then.

Time to stop wishing for a return to it, because it is not going to happen.

84216861.jpg

image4297.jpg

No unions in 1940? (You were 6 years old.) It is getting a little tiresome to hear about labor conditions 100 years ago. In our present economy, labor unions are the principal reasons for shipping jobs overseas and the impending bankruptcy of local governments. The only jobs returning to the U.S. are nonunion foreign auto makers. Wake up, Rumpelstiltskin.

84216861.jpg

image4297.jpg

No unions in 1940? (You were 6 years old.) It is getting a little tiresome to hear about labor conditions 100 years ago. In our present economy, labor unions are the principal reasons for shipping jobs overseas and the impending bankruptcy of local governments. The only jobs returning to the U.S. are nonunion foreign auto makers. Wake up, Rumpelstiltskin.

Right . . . except that there are hardly any unions left in the United States. It begins to get tough blaming everything on labor unions when they are nearly all gone.

Trickle down economics began with the Industrial Revolution, or even before that. All free market economics is 'trickle down.'

The 30 year marker you use signals the end of America's post WW2 boom, which is a unique time in world history.

The rest of the industrial world no longer lays in bombed-out ruin like it did back then.

Uh, NO. Nothing you just posted is correct. It is all hogwash. I recommend going to school.

To me unions mean Boss Tweed and Tammany Hall. Centers of corruption with power going to the union bosses who kidnap the children of union hold outs and break the knees of those who don't vote their way.

Uh, NO. Nothing you just posted is correct. It is all hogwash. I recommend going to school.

You are in over your head. Try the cooking or needlecraft forums.

LOL

That was more less for campbellllll.

You are in over your head. Try the cooking or needlecraft forums.

LOL

Nevermind, I didn't realize I was responding to a troll.

New Topics

Forum List

Back