Big protests in Arizona

from the link in post #6;
"Protesters swelled in front of the Capitol as people converged to rally against Senate Bill 1070 during the day. Some came from as far away as California.

The size of the crowd grew over the course of the afternoon, and estimates by Phoenix police and media varied between 1,500 and about 2,000. By about 5 p.m., most of the crowd had dispersed, but a new wave of about 50 to 100 protesters arrived from Carl Hayden Community High School.

During the day, some of the protesters marched around the building, chanting, "Si se puede," or "We can do it." They were joined by 56 members of the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles, who arrived by bus."

Does anyone besides me see a problem with people from another state meddling in a state's political process? I would think that the governor might simply dismiss the entire crowd thinking they are all from California and do not represent registered voters of the state.

As an aside, the only people that have been out in the little mountain town I live in are a few local residents that do vote here urging other registered Az voters to call the governor in support of the bill.

As they should. It's a great thing that Arizona is asserting itself, and it has every right to.

THOSE ASSHOLES IN WASHINGTON ARE AWAKE NOW AND LISTENING.. :eusa_whistle:

from the link in post #6;
"Protesters swelled in front of the Capitol as people converged to rally against Senate Bill 1070 during the day. Some came from as far away as California.

The size of the crowd grew over the course of the afternoon, and estimates by Phoenix police and media varied between 1,500 and about 2,000. By about 5 p.m., most of the crowd had dispersed, but a new wave of about 50 to 100 protesters arrived from Carl Hayden Community High School.

During the day, some of the protesters marched around the building, chanting, "Si se puede," or "We can do it." They were joined by 56 members of the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles, who arrived by bus."

Does anyone besides me see a problem with people from another state meddling in a state's political process? I would think that the governor might simply dismiss the entire crowd thinking they are all from California and do not represent registered voters of the state.

As an aside, the only people that have been out in the little mountain town I live in are a few local residents that do vote here urging other registered Az voters to call the governor in support of the bill.

As they should. It's a great thing that Arizona is asserting itself, and it has every right to.

THOSE ASSHOLES IN WASHINGTON ARE AWAKE NOW AND LISTENING.. :eusa_whistle:

I wonder how many other 'Border States' will enact similiar legislation?

These people protesting are americans and have a right to protest.

And WE are Americans and have a right not to give a shit.

By the way, how do YOU know if they're Americans or not? Did YOU check their papers?

oH SHIT. NOW you've gone and done it.. you've asked her a hard question.. she'll have to go away now and think this over for a day or two.. :eusa_eh:

Okay? So? I hadn't seen it.

Nor do I know who it is that is holding that sign.

Nor am I certain that is AT a tea party rally.

I suspect as you do, that the guy IS a tea party protester, but, that does not make it so.

I said weeks ago, that if the Tea Party wants to improve their image they have to denounce any such behavior including the use of the N-word to Congressmen.

I am not a tea party protester. I have never been to one of their events. I have no intention of attending one. I have only once heard a speech from a tea party rally and that was the other day when I clicked on a link here on site.

I commented then that I didn't like the rhetoric.

What do you want me to do or say? Do you want me to behave like the rest of the left wing and scream that everyone who attends a tea party rally is a racist? Ain't gonna happen as I have not been to one of their events.

Immie

I don't need to suspect it. It's a picture from their protest last fall.

And you jump to the conclusion, that the person who is holding that sign is actually a protester who agrees with the tea party.

I suspect he is, but that does not make it so... politics cause people to do dishonest things including showing up at events of the opponent and making them look like imbeciles and/or racists.

Immie

Funny, I don't recall seeing these protesters walking around with "I am an illegal immigrant" signs.

I don't recall seeing tea party protesters walking around with "I am a white supremacist" signs either.

I've seen a lot of signs posted on this site that allegedly come from Tea Party events but not one ounce of actual proof that those signs came from such an event or that the person holding them are actual Tea Party protesters.

Immie

Yeah, because there is nothing at all racist about the "Robbin for the Hood" and African witch doctor signs.

Every fucking time, we have the same stupid comments. One/two signs among tens of thousands and you single those out.

Are the left are suffering from the same learning disability?

Okay? So? I hadn't seen it.

Nor do I know who it is that is holding that sign.

Nor am I certain that is AT a tea party rally.

I suspect as you do, that the guy IS a tea party protester, but, that does not make it so.

I said weeks ago, that if the Tea Party wants to improve their image they have to denounce any such behavior including the use of the N-word to Congressmen.

I am not a tea party protester. I have never been to one of their events. I have no intention of attending one. I have only once heard a speech from a tea party rally and that was the other day when I clicked on a link here on site.

I commented then that I didn't like the rhetoric.

What do you want me to do or say? Do you want me to behave like the rest of the left wing and scream that everyone who attends a tea party rally is a racist? Ain't gonna happen as I have not been to one of their events.

Immie

I don't need to suspect it. It's a picture from their protest last fall.

You say it yourself and still don't see the point...... ONE sign. TWO signs. How many were not offensive? Overlook the tens of thousands of signs and find the one that you can single out to make a point.

And you wonder why some of us think you are an ass?

I wonder how many other 'Border States' will enact similiar legislation?

obie wan messiah is worried about that very thing.. course he ignored the shit out of Rick Perry when he asked for backup..

There's alot there regarding Governor Perry and his attitude regarding Obama's ignorence...which case in particuliar?

I just remember Perry asking for National Guard to beef up security on the Texas Mexican border. obie wan messiah refused to pay for it.. Now it's a federal function so everybody says but the feds won't step up or ante up.. So I say the states gotta do what the states gotta do..

This is where the hammer needs to be applied, Willow. The Obama administration should introduce a modified McCain bill on Monday that: secures the border tightly, begins reform to put the illegals on a path at the end of the citizenship line that is moving forward, and makes business accountable and discplined about who it hires for its work force.

This is where the hammer needs to be applied, Willow. The Obama administration should introduce a modified McCain bill on Monday that: secures the border tightly, begins reform to put the illegals on a path at the end of the citizenship line that is moving forward, and makes business accountable and discplined about who it hires for its work force.

I don't disagree. I'm not in favor of sending everyone home. I am in favor of them building a doggone fence and bringing all our troops home from Afghanistan and Iraq and putting them on the border. This is ridiculous. but don't put McCain's name on anything.. that asswipe has looked the other way for years.

obie wan messiah is worried about that very thing.. course he ignored the shit out of Rick Perry when he asked for backup..

There's alot there regarding Governor Perry and his attitude regarding Obama's ignorence...which case in particuliar?

I just remember Perry asking for National Guard to beef up security on the Texas Mexican border. obie wan messiah refused to pay for it.. Now it's a federal function so everybody says but the feds won't step up or ante up.. So I say the states gotta do what the states gotta do..

OK...That issue...

March 18 2010...

Texas senators urge Obama to beef up border security

(Of course Rick perry did ask for it...but I see no real action on it other than)...

"Perry is seeking 1,000 National Guard troops and unmanned aircraft to help bolster border security in Texas."

And..."The Homeland Security Department currently operates predator drone aircraft along the southern and northern borders. The department is looking at placing a drone in Texas and basing it in Corpus Christi. "

I wouldn't blame Texas legislators if they adopted a law similiar to that of Arizona, and take matters into their own hands since the FED is lacking doing their job.

Of course we have Governor Perry's own website that addresses this issue...

Gov. Perry on Border Security | Texans for Rick Perry

OK, we are in basic agreement. But let's get it introduced as a GOP bill if Obama is going to drag feet. In fact, that is a superb idea.

I don't disagree. I'm not in favor of sending everyone home. I am in favor of them building a doggone fence and bringing all our troops home from Afghanistan and Iraq and putting them on the border. This is ridiculous. but don't put McCain's name on anything.. that asswipe has looked the other way for years.

Indeed he had. And of course the 'Gang Of 14' isn't lost in the shuffle. Many of us haven't forgotten the prior debate on this issue.

Yea, let's pull the troops out BEFORE we finish the job.... again.... cuz that worked real well last time didn't it? oh wait.... no, we had to go back to Iraq. Simplistic answers are never simple. And, since my family are directly affected, I'd quite like for them not to have to go back.

And you don't think that would have the Republicans in Washington screaming bloody murder?

How dare President Obama persecute businesses would be the beginning, then they would complain he was interfering with trade with Mexico and who knows where that would lead.

You have a lot of gall to insinuate that Obama should tread on holy Republican ground!!! :lol:

Immie

Yea, let's pull the troops out BEFORE we finish the job.... again.... cuz that worked real well last time didn't it? oh wait.... no, we had to go back to Iraq. Simplistic answers are never simple. And, since my family are directly affected, I'd quite like for them not to have to go back.
As far as I know, we never had to go back to Vietnam after we let them fight for their own damned dirt....Turned out that most of them seemed perfectly happy to give in and live under commies....Kinda like republicans.

Forum List

Back