Big Oil, Bad Air Fracking the Eagle Ford Shale of South Texas

And don't forget the claim that people who live under or near high power transmission lines suffer unusually high cases of dementia, leprosy, and all sorts of other diseases.

And back to the standard tired progressive "people above profit" bullshit. Go off grid and shut up.

No.

You have nothing. But, there should be a law that provides for all medical expenses paid and those that knowingly, willingly, and consciously either directly or indirectly physical harm to occur to a population in what amounts to poison for prison time.

Based on what evidence? So lack of monitoring up to some rediculous standard created by people who want to stop petro extraction now equals poisoning?

Prove that this poisioning is happening, then come back. until then stop using petro products you hypocrite.

If it was so good for people then why go through all of this:
Fracking Companies Issue Gag Orders and Buy Victims? Silence | EcoWatch

Why gag orders? Why allow doctors to access the full list of chemicals used but not allow the patients to see them?

Yawn.
You got nothing. Anything on the actual topic?

Do you feel we should be exploiting our NG resources?

Can it be done without harming the people? Apparently not.

Most certainly can and is,as far as Texas,I can't say,as far as Pa,while there are always detractors,the vast majority are in support,NG it has brought jobs and money,and a cheaper cleaner energy source. DRive north out of Bradford county ,you hit NY with its head in sand. Its the peak of selfishness,pounding a no drill sign in next to your gas meter.
You see them all over,drive back to PA and there are NON why would that be??

Most certainly can and is,as far as Texas,I can't say,as far as Pa,while there are always detractors,the vast majority are in support,NG it has brought jobs and money,and a cheaper cleaner energy source. DRive north out of Bradford county ,you hit NY with its head in sand. Its the peak of selfishness,pounding a no drill sign in next to your gas meter.

THE PRECEDENT

Court title: ROBINSON TOWNSHIP, etc. vs. The Commonwealth

Ruling: Local zoning laws trump the state's power to create statewide zoning laws via Act 13's gas drilling regulations because land-use laws are the domain of local municipalities. By adopting Act 13 to favor gas and oil industry, the governor and Legislature failed to uphold the Commonwealth's obligation to protect the people's rights to enjoy natural resources as mandated by the Pennsylvania's Constitution's amendment, article 1, Section 27.

Majority: Chief Justice Ron Castille, and Justices Max Baer, Debra McCloskey Todd and Seamus McCaffery.

Dissenting: Justices Thomas G. Saylor and J. Michael Eakin.

Opinion: http://www.pacourts.us/assets/opinions/Supreme/out/J-127A-D-2012oajc.pdf?cb=1

PA Supreme Court's decision overturning Act 13, gas drilling law, set constitutional precedent. - Page 2 - Morning Call

Progressives hate America's robust energy industry and will kill themselves to destroy it

All we are talking about here is the occasional release of small amounts of natural gas, a natural substance found commonly in the environment. Probably the last people who want the government to crack down on this are the residents of Eagle Ford who are undoubtedly enjoying a prosperous economy and high paying jobs as a result of the boom.

Yeah, we got it. Fracking is bad and it's melting the polar ice caps.

Lead by example and take yourself off the energy grid

No. Apparently you don't have it.

People who live close to oil and gas development — whether in Texas’ Eagle Ford, Pennsylvania’s Marcellus Shale or Wyoming’s Green River Basin — tend to report the same symptoms: nausea, nosebleeds, headaches, body rashes and respiratory problems. Public health experts say these shared experiences point to a pressing need for improved air monitoring.

“If you have pockets of communities with the same symptoms downwind of similar sources, then there is a body of evidence,” said Isobel Simpson, an atmospheric scientist at the University of California, Irvine, who studies air pollution around the world.

Studies show that, depending on the concentration and length of exposure, these chemicals can cause a range of ailments, from minor headaches to neurological damage and cancer. People in the Eagle Ford face an added layer of risk: hydrogen sulfide, also known as H2S or sour gas, a naturally occurring component of crude oil and natural gas that lurks underground.

Like asbestos entombed in a 50-year-old ceiling, H2S usually isn’t a problem if left undisturbed. Once liberated, however, it becomes a formidable threat, capable even in miniscule doses — a few parts per million or less — of aggravating asthma and causing nausea, headaches and eye irritation. It gives off a rotten-egg odor in lower concentrations but at around 100 parts per million the chemical knocks out the sense of smell and begins to act as an asphyxiant. At 1,000 ppm it kills within minutes.

But, then there is this:
State legislators who enact the laws that regulate the industry are often tied to it. Nearly one in four state legislators, or his or her spouse, has a financial interest in at least one energy company active in the Eagle Ford, a Center for Public Integrity analysis of personal financial disclosure forms shows.

Ever consider that those symptoms are consistent with folks who live DIRECTLY ON TOP OF nature's own toxic waste dumps? It's WELL documented that folks living on top of nat gas fields had issues with seepage and water WELL BEFORE the guys came to harvest any. In fact, REMOVING that toxic material, might be the best method to giving these folks relief.

As for your 2nd quote.. Demonstrates AGAIN how financially naive leftists are. They haven't a foggy CLUE about how folks invest and what the tools are.. ANYONE who owns a share of INDEX fund, an energy ETF, or has an outside managed retirement fund --- HAS ---

" a financial interest in at least one energy company active in the Eagle Ford"..

If you are investing in ANY WAY -- and YOU DON'T have " a financial interest in at least one energy company active in the Eagle Ford" --- then you're doing it all wrong...

Mental Midgets -- the lot of them..

When a site starts with the term "Big Oil, Bad Air" you can assume they are as biased as shit. Using a woman on the cover on oxygen is just the icing.

Find an ubiased source and I will spend my time to read it.

The only thing they found was there weren't enough air monitors, according to them. The rest is conjecture.

Oh, dear. I find Politico to be biased.

And I am trying to find the top reasons that I should trust anything associated with the Albritton family. You know, they would so readily put people before profit.
About Us ? Perpetual Capital Partners

And back to the standard tired progressive "people above profit" bullshit. Go off grid and shut up.

You put profit over people? !! I guess no better definition of a Callous Conservative exists.

For the same reason preachers and parishioners in churches in Appalachia dance with deadly vipers.

Oh, dear. I find Politico to be biased.

And I am trying to find the top reasons that I should trust anything associated with the Albritton family. You know, they would so readily put people before profit.
About Us ? Perpetual Capital Partners

You put profit over people? !! I guess no better definition of a Callous Conservative exists.

That's a bit of mindless leftist drivel.. Profits ARE people. Profit is the thanks you get for serving OTHERS.. No profit -- then you are not serving society. Unless you have a govt job.
Even "non-profits" support the labor of their key people. Sometimes, extremely well.

For the same reason preachers and parishioners in churches in Appalachia dance with deadly vipers.

What??!!! not much of a bigot are you?

You don't know what your talking about.

Our investigation and records obtained from Texas regulatory agencies reveal a system that does more to protect the industry than the public. Among the findings:

Texas’ air monitoring system is so flawed that the state knows almost nothing about the extent of the pollution in the Eagle Ford. Only five permanent air monitors are installed in the 20,000-square-mile region, and all are at the fringes of the shale play, far from the heavy drilling areas where emissions are highest.
Thousands of oil and gas facilities, including six of the nine production sites near the Buehrings’ house, are allowed to self-audit their emissions without reporting them to the state. The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), which regulates most air emissions, doesn’t even know some of these facilities exist. An internal agency document acknowledges that the rule allowing this practice “[c]annot be proven to be protective.”
Companies that break the law are rarely fined. Of the 284 oil and gas industry-related complaints filed with the TCEQ by Eagle Ford residents between Jan. 1, 2010, and Nov. 19, 2013 , only two resulted in fines despite 164 documented violations. The largest was just $14,250. (Pending enforcement actions could lead to six more fines.)
The Texas legislature has cut the TCEQ’s budget by a third since the Eagle Ford boom began, from $555 million in 2008 to $372 million in 2014. At the same time, the amount allocated for air monitoring equipment dropped from $1.2 million to $579,000.
The Eagle Ford boom is feeding an ominous trend: A 100-percent statewide increase in unplanned toxic air releases associated with oil and gas production since 2009. Known as emission events, these releases are usually caused by human error or faulty equipment.
Residents of the mostly rural Eagle Ford counties are at a disadvantage even in Texas because they haven’t been given air quality protections, such as more permanent monitors, provided to the wealthier, more suburban Barnett Shale region near Dallas-Fort Worth.

Texas officials tasked with overseeing the industry are often its strongest defenders, leaving the Buehrings and other families
http://eagleford.publicintegrity.org/

One would think that the state regulators would be all over this simply to prove that they got this.

how boring

Another idiot that thinks fracking is bad.

damn you people are unteachable.

Can you produce a single example of someone who has suffered demonstrable physical harm from any of this?

Well, we can go here Science Lags as Health Problems Emerge Near Gas Fields - ProPublica

And here Health Assessment Finds Fracking Makes People Sick | Indigenous Environmental Network

And we can start looking here Hormone-Disrupting Chemicals Linked to Fracking Found in Colorado River ? News Watch

I live in east-central PA, I'm surrounded by coal mines (well, leftists are creating UE by shutting them down) and frack fields.

I have kids, so I did A Lot of research.

every single link I checked that said fracking was bad turned out to be a bullshit front, or partial information to get you to assume a certain accusation.

liberals are the best liars on the planet, they hate fracking b/c someone told them to hate it, they don't need a reason why.

Until we are all forced to live in cities, where the wind and solar plants are, they won't be happy.

Their hate and ignorance never fucking ever ends.

Can you produce a single example of someone who has suffered demonstrable physical harm from any of this?

Well, we can go here Science Lags as Health Problems Emerge Near Gas Fields - ProPublica

And here Health Assessment Finds Fracking Makes People Sick | Indigenous Environmental Network

And we can start looking here Hormone-Disrupting Chemicals Linked to Fracking Found in Colorado River ? News Watch

Shut your gas off yet? Stop buying products processed with NG?

What has the EPA stated about NG exploration?

Yeah, we got it. Fracking is bad and it's melting the polar ice caps.

Lead by example and take yourself off the energy grid

No. Apparently you don't have it.

But, then there is this:
State legislators who enact the laws that regulate the industry are often tied to it. Nearly one in four state legislators, or his or her spouse, has a financial interest in at least one energy company active in the Eagle Ford, a Center for Public Integrity analysis of personal financial disclosure forms shows.

Ever consider that those symptoms are consistent with folks who live DIRECTLY ON TOP OF nature's own toxic waste dumps? It's WELL documented that folks living on top of nat gas fields had issues with seepage and water WELL BEFORE the guys came to harvest any. In fact, REMOVING that toxic material, might be the best method to giving these folks relief.

As for your 2nd quote.. Demonstrates AGAIN how financially naive leftists are. They haven't a foggy CLUE about how folks invest and what the tools are.. ANYONE who owns a share of INDEX fund, an energy ETF, or has an outside managed retirement fund --- HAS ---

" a financial interest in at least one energy company active in the Eagle Ford"..

If you are investing in ANY WAY -- and YOU DON'T have " a financial interest in at least one energy company active in the Eagle Ford" --- then you're doing it all wrong...

Mental Midgets -- the lot of them..

Actually, I have thought about it. Oil field trash when I was a kid for several years. It's something that I bounce back and forth with others in my family. This is a process with a history so, what changed? What is being done differently? What corners are being cut? Why spend so much time suppressing information? It seems to me that if it's not a concern that people would go out of their way to legitimize that angle by making sure that chemicals are disclosed, there were no gag orders, or even the ya, we know we can put some safeguards in regarding benzene etc.

I understand how investment works. Thanks. In fact, I can tell when someone is actively buying stock and when someone's portfolio is pretty much left to a financial adviser. But that isn't what the problem is:
State Rep. Tom Craddick, who championed the House version of SB1134, owns stock in nine oil companies, five of which are active in the Eagle Ford. At the end of 2013, the stock was worth as much as $1.5 million. That year Craddick, and the partnerships and corporations he controls, received royalties of as much as $885,000 for mineral rights. For decades he had a lucrative partnership with Mustang Mud, an oilfield supply company.

Corporations, along with unions, are banned from giving directly to state candidates in Texas, but since 2000, industry employees and related political action committees have contributed more than $800,000 to Craddick’s campaigns, according to an analysis of data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics.

The industry has also invested more than $600,000 to help Craddick’s daughter, Christi, win a seat on the Texas Railroad Commission in 2012. The Railroad Commission, which issues drilling permits, has been criticized for years for allowing its three commissioners to accept campaign contributions from the industry they regulate. But with support from the House Energy Resources Committee, of which Tom Craddick is a member, it has beaten back attempts at reform.

Gov. Rick Perry, who signed SB1134 soon after it landed on his desk, has collected more than $11.5 million in campaign contributions from those in the industry since the 2000 election cycle. Attorney General Greg Abbott, the favorite to win the Republican nomination for governor, has raked in more than $4 million. Since he has been in office, Abbott has sued the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency 18 times for interfering in Texas affairs.
Saturated with oil money, Texas legislature saved industry from pollution rule | Center for Public Integrity

I find it very unfortunate that you think that everyone that speaks on this is a mental midget. I find it very frustrating that the assumption is this is an all or nothing game.

That's a bit of mindless leftist drivel.. Profits ARE people. Profit is the thanks you get for serving OTHERS.. No profit -- then you are not serving society. Unless you have a govt job.
Even "non-profits" support the labor of their key people. Sometimes, extremely well.

Profit is what you earn, sometimes others benefit, sometimes others are exploited, sometimes other are screwed.

Sometimes a first responder puts his or her life on the line to serve others, and most first responders are employed by the government. Posting otherwise is proof you're nothing but a parrot, echoing right wing propaganda.

I live in east-central PA, I'm surrounded by coal mines (well, leftists are creating UE by shutting them down) and frack fields.

I have kids, so I did A Lot of research.

every single link I checked that said fracking was bad turned out to be a bullshit front, or partial information to get you to assume a certain accusation.

liberals are the best liars on the planet, they hate fracking b/c someone told them to hate it, they don't need a reason why.

Until we are all forced to live in cities, where the wind and solar plants are, they won't be happy.

Their hate and ignorance never fucking ever ends.

This sums it up perfectly.

There are some dangerously radical enviro-nuts out there. And in here.

Forum List

Back