big name actors doing commercials

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
The latest one is little Danny Di Vito selling some kind of software junk. For some reason it bothers me when high profile billionare actors use their considerable acting skills try to convince the common folk to buy junk that they probably wouldn't use themselves. Are they too over the hill to get a real acting job or is selling junk to fools an easier gig? Dennis Quad bounces around like an idiot selling insurance and little Anna Kendrick is in the hotel business.

The latest one is little Danny Di Vito selling some kind of software junk. For some reason it bothers me when high profile billionare actors use their considerable acting skills try to convince the common folk to buy junk that they probably wouldn't use themselves. Are they too over the hill to get a real acting job or is selling junk to fools an easier gig? Dennis Quad bounces around like an idiot selling insurance and little Anna Kendrick is in the hotel business.

Tiger Woods used to hawk Buick. Doubtful he actually owned many he paid for?

Now it is that Matthew McGoughaney selling Lincoln.

Think this is something new?

Hard to find a cigarette commercial in the 50s that didn't have a well known actor/actress in it.

Highly paid actors are hi-jacking the cartoon voices too. Let someone else get some work in the entertainment business. Greedy!

He also does a coffee commercial with George Clooney.

Because I do not watch TV, I have not seen a single commercial for any of this garbage. I was actually very shocked by how much stuff I never knew I needed, when I stopped watching TV.

Regardless, I generally have an exceptionally low opinion of actors. Seeing an actor trying to sell something, is a reason in and of itself, to not buy it.

Stop caring about what those bimbos and air-suits say. Few if any of those people, actually know anything. If they did, they would be teaching, or working, instead of acting. The reason they act, is because that's all they can do.

Junior Samples Bait Shop and Used Car Lot.

th

How else are they going to be able to afford to buy their kids' way into the colleges of their choice? :04:

You know, at one time you worked in commercials, and if someone saw you in them and liked the way you looked or acted, they offered you a part on television, and after that, you worked your way up into films.

Apparently, it also works in reverse as well.

I am really sick of James Earl Jones yelling at me about Arbys.

Sorry, they haven't "Had The Meats" since they removed the rotating roasters from their restaurants years ago.

Shut up James! Arbys sucks.

Sorry, they haven't "Had The Meats" since they removed the rotating roasters from their restaurants years ago.

That's not James Earl Jones... it's Ving Rhames.

That is NOT James Earl Jones. Try again!
Whatever...
Arbys still sucks.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has them and they all stink!

You besmirching Darth Vader is not wise, or Mufasa either!

The best thing out there right now is Arby's Greek gyro.

Forum List

Back