Big Mo(hammed)'s Family Sues...

JenyEliza

Princess of Rhetoric
Nov 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA, USA
Yes folks....Big Mo's direct descendents....95,000 of them are suing for the allegedly "blasphemous" cartoons depicting the child molesting prophet poseur.

I'm pretty sure Big Mo, being a dead guy, doesn't give a shit about the cartoons. Hell, he wouldn't even know what one was.

95,000 descendants of Mohammed to sue over 'blasphemous' cartoons | Perth Now

NEARLY 95,000 descendants of Mohammed are going to sue 10 newspapers for publishing "blasphemous" cartoons of the prophet.

Faisal Yamani, a Saudi lawyer acting for the descendants, claims that the cartoons - which first appeared in 2005 and caused violent protests by Muslims around the world - are defamatory.

One of the 12 cartoons depicts Mohammed wearing a bomb-shaped turban.

The Sunday Times said that although the cartoons were published by Danish newspapers, Mr Yamani plans to pursue legal action in England, where libel laws are weighted towards the plaintiff.

English lawyers expect that he will argue that the cartoons were published in Britain via the internet and are a direct slur on his clients, who live in the Middle East, north Africa and even Australia.

See link above for entire story.

Discuss.

Attachments

• $fullmohammed.jpg
    $fullmohammed.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 138
the irony makes baby jesus gasp for breath in a jar of piss.

Serrano%20Andres,%20Piss%20Christ%201987.jpg

See, Shogun, there's a difference in what you did and how I (a Roman Catholic) react and this stupidity on the part of Mo's fam. They threatened to KILL those who drew and published the Mo cartoon.

The difference is that I would go to the mat for your right to post that picture. Freedom of thought. Freedom of expression. Those are freedoms that shouldn't be taken away lightly.

I don't like your picture. That's my right, my privilege and MY freedom. You have yours. I have mine.

Yours don't bother me or hurt me. My Faith isn't that delicate and precarious. It is strong, robust and unfaltering. It takes a lot more than a stupid picture on the internet or in a newspaper to threaten it.

So....your example and YOU are an EPIC FAIL.

Carry on. :funnyface:

Yes folks....Big Mo's direct descendents....95,000 of them are suing for the allegedly "blasphemous" cartoons depicting the child molesting prophet poseur.

I'm pretty sure Big Mo, being a dead guy, doesn't give a shit about the cartoons. Hell, he wouldn't even know what one was.

NEARLY 95,000 descendants of Mohammed are going to sue 10 newspapers for publishing "blasphemous" cartoons of the prophet.

Faisal Yamani, a Saudi lawyer acting for the descendants, claims that the cartoons - which first appeared in 2005 and caused violent protests by Muslims around the world - are defamatory.

The Sunday Times said that although the cartoons were published by Danish newspapers, Mr Yamani plans to pursue legal action in England, where libel laws are weighted towards the plaintiff.

English lawyers expect that he will argue that the cartoons were published in Britain via the internet and are a direct slur on his clients, who live in the Middle East, north Africa and even Australia.

Discuss.

The Prophet should be in quotation marks

Discuss.

A prophet poseur is the same thing as "prophet".

Look up the word "poseur" in a dictionary. ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the whole dust up over the pisschrist revolve around the artist being funded by the NEA? And that government sponsorship of an anti-religion message is just as much a violation of church/state separation as a pro-religion message.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't know what Shogun is trying to say.

Discuss.

A prophet poseur is the same thing as "prophet".

Look up the word "poseur" in a dictionary. ;)

I was referring to the story not your editorial comments

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the whole dust up over the pisschrist revolve around the artist being funded by the NEA? And that government sponsorship of an anti-religion message is just as much a violation of church/state separation as a pro-religion message.

Don't feel bad. Even Shogun doesn't know what he was trying to say. :lol:

See, Shogun, there's a difference in what you did and how I (a Roman Catholic) react and this stupidity on the part of Mo's fam. They threatened to KILL those who drew and published the Mo cartoon.

The difference is that I would go to the mat for your right to post that picture. Freedom of thought. Freedom of expression. Those are freedoms that shouldn't be taken away lightly.

I don't like your picture. That's my right, my privilege and MY freedom. You have yours. I have mine.

Yours don't bother me or hurt me. My Faith isn't that delicate and precarious. It is strong, robust and unfaltering. It takes a lot more than a stupid picture on the internet or in a newspaper to threaten it.

CLEARLY you remember when that piss christ item came out and the vile reaction from christians.

:rofl:

I'm sure you and Rudy Guiliani have ROCK SOLID faith.

:thup:

CLEARLY you remember when that piss christ item came out and the vile reaction from christians.

Apparently we do. Thanks for noticing.

Apparently Mo's family doesn't....

Cartoontherapy.jpg

the irony makes baby jesus gasp for breath in a jar of piss.

Serrano%20Andres,%20Piss%20Christ%201987.jpg

YOUR reaction (above).....

THEIRS (below)

489984-cartoon.jpg

See how STOOPID you look?

YEA! as if a simple google search can't clarify which of us is STOOPID..

Piss Christ | Art Crimes

he infamous Andres Serrano work Piss Christ - a photograph of a crucifix submerged in urine was attacked in two separate incidents on the consecutive days of the opening weekend. In a move almost as controversial as the work and the attacks themselves, the director of the gallery, Dr Timothy Potts subsequently closed the exhibition in order, he claimed to protect the safety of the gallery and its staff.

Gallery Vandals Destroy Photos

Around 3:30, half an hour before closing, four vandals wearing black masks stormed into a space known as the Kulturen Gallery while shouting in Swedish, “We don’t support this,” plus an expletive. They pushed visitors aside, entered a darkened room where some of the photographs were displayed and began smashing the glass protecting the photographs and then hacking away at the prints.

The bumpy video, evidently shot with a hand-held camera by someone who ran into the gallery with the attackers, intersperses images of the Serrano photographs with lettered commentary in Swedish like “This is art?” before showing the vandals at work.

No guards were on duty in the gallery, said Viveca Ohlsson, the show’s curator, although security videos captured much of the incident.

“There was one woman who works at the gallery who tried to stop them until she saw the axes and crowbars,” Ms. Ohlsson said. “These men are dangerous.”

Around 3:30, half an hour before closing, four vandals wearing black masks stormed into a space known as the Kulturen Gallery while shouting in Swedish, “We don’t support this,” plus an expletive. They pushed visitors aside, entered a darkened room where some of the photographs were displayed and began smashing the glass protecting the photographs and then hacking away at the prints.

The bumpy video, evidently shot with a hand-held camera by someone who ran into the gallery with the attackers, intersperses images of the Serrano photographs with lettered commentary in Swedish like “This is art?” before showing the vandals at work.

No guards were on duty in the gallery, said Viveca Ohlsson, the show’s curator, although security videos captured much of the incident.

“There was one woman who works at the gallery who tried to stop them until she saw the axes and crowbars,” Ms. Ohlsson said. “These men are dangerous.”

I'm saying that the reaction to piss christ wasn't as neutered as some would like to think. I mean, they were ONLY destroyed while sitting in a fucking museum and all.

...says the judgmental pharisee christian.....

:lol:

Cartoontherapy.jpg

that certainly is clear every year your kind cry about more muslims living in proximity. It feels good to forget, doesn't it?

now, go rail on some fags for diminishing your wedding vows or something.

Cartoontherapy.jpg

that certainly is clear every year your kind cry about more muslims living in proximity. It feels good to forget, doesn't it?

now, go rail on some fags for diminishing your wedding vows or something.

Hint: Search my post history. You will NOT find a single post of mine denigrating homosexuals.

I have an Uncle, a cousin, and a very close friend who are (or were) gay men and I care much about them, their happines and seeing them treated fairly. RIP cousin.

So...you're gonna have to work harder. Nice try though. :lol:

...says the judgmental pharisee christian.....

:lol:

Who's judging whom, Shogun?

I don't know, nor do I care what your religion is. AT ALL.

Why do you care so much that I am a Christian? Why does that offend you so?

:eusa_think:

I'm saying that the reaction to piss christ wasn't as neutered as some would like to think. I mean, they were ONLY destroyed while sitting in a fucking museum and all.

I'm pretty sure nobody was talking about piss christ in this thread until you brought it up.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure nobody was talking about piss christ in this thread until you brought it up.

of course not. It's easier to feel above criticism by ignoring the facts behind a comparative situation. In this case, silly little dogma junkie above trying to talk shit about the tolerance of HER faith (guffaw laugh) versus that of others... despite, again, what eventually happened to the piss christ exhibit.

but.. lemme venture a guess.. you are catholic, aren't you Mani? Remember, the cock crows three times in denial....

Forum List

Back