Big local government in Ohio town forbids nativity scenes in your own front yard.

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
According to documents obtained by Fox 19, Sycamore Township, which is outside Cincinnati, does not allow structures to be located in the front or the side yard to occupy more than 35 percent of the area. Also, the primary structure must be 3 feet from the street, and 6 feet from the house.....If he does not take down the exhibit, legal action will be taken.

Ohio homeowner told to take down his zombie nativity scene Fox News

I would SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO break that law so fast it would make your head spin. I would put 17 nativity scenes in my front yard with big marquis with strobing red arrows pointing at each one.

Ohhhhh yeah. :eusa_dance:

I would DARE local officials to fine me. I'd film the whole thing of them coming to my house. I would youtube that crap and go to every news outlet in the world with it. You don't squelch freedom of religion. If heathens don't want to look on then maybe their little pride parades shouldn't be happening down main street either..

Oh, wait a minute...zombie nativity. Hmmm...that might only garner sympathy for the christian movement.

They should let them leave it up. Outrage can have an effect the yard owner may not have fully calculated..

Last edited:
Good for the Township...

What's your problem with nativity scenes in people's own front yards?
I have no problem with nativity scenes in people's own front yards.

So why do you support the Township prohibiting them?
I don't... but what is described here is not a Nativity scene.

Rather, it is a parody which is intentionally insulting of Christian tradition, needlessly inflammatory, and foolhardy and reckless in its risk to local peace and quiet.

I would also expect the township to order taken-down a masturbating Lawn Buddha or a Lawn Muhammed kissing a camel's ass or similar incendiary imagery.

Rather like a visual variant of the falsely "Yelling f'ire' in a crowded theater" concept, as an example of a practical curtailment of free speech and expression.

Stupidly anger and provoke people in such a way, and they'll find a way to shut you down.

Some people just can't help pissing into the wind, but, in the end, they're left with nothing more than cold, wet, smelly pants.

Not exactly the brightest crayons in the box.

Last edited:
  • Banned
but what is described here is not a Nativity scene.

Uh, yes. Yes it is. That's just asinine for you to say.

Rather, it is a parody which is intentionally insulting of Christian tradition

Even if we accept your interpretation, so what? Rights are rights.

needlessly inflammatory, and foolhardy and reckless in its risk to local peace and quiet.

:lmao:

Sorry, this is so stupid I can't be bothered to go on with the bullshit you're saying.

Good for the Township...

One would think that conservatives would praise this an example of their belief that government power should be concentrated at the local level.

It seems somebody didn't like his display so they got the government involved and used some flimsy law to order it's removal. I can understand if it was a permanent display but it is for the holidays. People need to get a life.

Good for the Township...

I don't... but what is described here is not a Nativity scene.

Rather, it is a parody which is intentionally insulting of Christian tradition, needlessly inflammatory, and foolhardy and reckless in its risk to local peace and quiet.

I would also expect the township to order taken-down a masturbating Lawn Buddha or a Lawn Muhammed kissing a camel's ass or similar incendiary imagery.

Rather like a visual variant of the falsely "Yelling f'ire' in a crowded theater" concept, as an example of a practical curtailment of free speech and expression.

Stupidly anger and provoke people in such a way, and they'll find a way to shut you down.

Some people just can't help pissing into the wind, but, in the end, they're left with nothing more than cold, wet, smelly pants.

Not exactly the brightest crayons in the box.
It is not any level of government's place to judge the social value of a holiday display. They should mind their own damned business and especially not do something just to please the scandalized church ladies who apparently hate everything fun.

It seems somebody didn't like his display so they got the government involved and used some flimsy law to order it's removal. I can understand if it was a permanent display but it is for the holidays. People need to get a life.
People, don't break the law and then whine like infants.

It is a stupid application of the law. Somebody got offended and they decided to use this law to force the removal of this display. I am willing to bet their are quite a few other displays that do not met the standards of this law in this town but go unnoticed.

It is a stupid application of the law. Somebody got offended and they decided to use this law to force the removal of this display. I am willing to bet their are quite a few other displays that do not met the standards of this law in this town but go unnoticed.
Life can be unfair. Now you know.

Life can be unfair. Now you know.

You don't have to tell me. Everybody in my family is well over 6 feet tall and I am 5'8 with shoes on. lol

Forum List

Back