Big Gun Reform Idea From 2020 Democrats

In a licensing — or “permit to purchase” — system, nobody could buy a gun without first getting some kind of card or certificate (in other words, a license) from local or state authorities. And to get that license, a potential buyer would have to satisfy a few conditions, like completing a firearms safety course and submitting fingerprints.

Unconstitutional.

Here's The Big Gun Reform Idea Getting Attention From 2020 Democrats | HuffPost

What is unconstitutional about meeting a few conditions?

I refuse to beat that long dead and desiccating horse with you.

It's this simple...Gun laws do not work. Criminals get guns illegally.
Question #1... If a thug has murder or mayhem in their heart, will a silly gun law stop them from committing a gun crime?
Question #2...If a thug is convicted and hanged for a violent gun offense, will this stop them from committing another gun crime?

It's this simple...Rape laws do not work. Criminals will rape illegally.
Question #1... If a rapist has rape in their heart, will a silly rape law stop them from committing a rape crime?
Question #2...If a rapist is convicted and hanged for a violent rape offense, will this stop anyone else from committing another rape crime?

It's this simple...Murder laws do not work. Criminals will murder illegally.
Question #1... If a murderer has murder in their heart, will a silly murder law stop them from committing a murder crime?
Question #2...If a murderer is convicted and hanged for a violent murder offense, will this stop anyone else from committing another murder crime?

I could go through all the other laws that aren't 100% effective, but I think you get the point. Are all those other laws useless too?
Know what stops rapes? Hanging rapists. :dunno:

Doesn't stop the next one. There is always a next one.

It puts a definite end to that one. I like it.
The law failed to contain a rapist in my old hood. He raped a 14-year old, and then they let him out of jail and he raped a couple girls after release, then the word got around, and the boys from the neighborhood took care of him. He's not raping anymore these days. He's somewhere in some woods someplace.

Cool story, but back to negating rights. Do you think conditions negate rights or not?

In a licensing — or “permit to purchase” — system, nobody could buy a gun without first getting some kind of card or certificate (in other words, a license) from local or state authorities. And to get that license, a potential buyer would have to satisfy a few conditions, like completing a firearms safety course and submitting fingerprints.

Unconstitutional.

It negates something being a right, next!

So you are against requiring ID to vote too, right?

Voting is not a right.

Question #1... If a thug has murder or mayhem in their heart, will a silly gun law stop them from committing a gun crime?
Question #2...If a thug is convicted and hanged for a violent gun offense, will this stop them from committing another gun crime?

Question #1... If a rapist has rape in their heart, will a silly rape law stop them from committing a rape crime?
Question #2...If a rapist is convicted and hanged for a violent rape offense, will this stop anyone else from committing another rape crime?

Question #1... If a murderer has murder in their heart, will a silly murder law stop them from committing a murder crime?
Question #2...If a murderer is convicted and hanged for a violent murder offense, will this stop anyone else from committing another murder crime?

I could go through all the other laws that aren't 100% effective, but I think you get the point. Are all those other laws useless too?

There are no laws that can stop people from doing anything, including mass murders. Take away guns, U-Hauls would be the new weapon of mass destruction.

But laws and penalties can stop some people from doing crimes. For instance, let's say they made rape legal. Do you suppose there would be more rapes, less rapes, or about the same?

I'm not sure how many people could be murdered with a U-Haul in a school in just a few minutes. Has that ever happened before?

Almost all of them, but why was this brought up again?

I'm not sure. I guess Ray was thinking about killing someone with a U-Haul

So a national gun registry of sorts? That'll make it easier to confiscate the guns when they finally have the power required to complete their endgame by repealing the 2nd...

Better buy them now...
Gun sales spike 400% Monday.

I thought about getting a couple ARs because they're cheap right now and there may be "Assault weapons ban" 2.0, but I just don't like them. Little bitty loud bullets. If it's that loud, I want something with some ass behind it.

SKS is at least wood, but there's no way to decently mount an optic on them.

M14s are at least $1400 minimum. I like M14s, but so expensive!

And I don't need another gun.
I'd like a 357 SW and a 1911. Maybe a 30-06 just to hunt with if the left destroys the economy.
I wouldn't want a 1911, back when I was a kid, cousin came out the Winnebago with a .45..(military, his dad's)

Screwed up his face like Barney Fife and said "Oh I always keep one in the chamber", so he goes to put it up and there's this big bang and he opens the door of the Winnebago looking dazed with smoke rolling out behind him, and then it starts to smell like sewage around that Winnebago.

We never told on him, well..I did last year. :abgg2q.jpg:

That RV is long gone.

But yeah, I'm leary of auto pistols. I have a S&W .38 oldie. Oh man it shoots nice!

For a pistol, I'm very confident with it. Was shooting a golf ball around with it last time at the range.

It had to be cocked, a military M1911 isn't double action.

I reckon. :dunno:

So is it a single-action automatic? How does that even work?
You have to pull the slide back or pull back the hammer if a round is already in the chamber.

No.

No, but it will stop that individual from ever committing another homicide.

Unconstitutional.

Of course. You couldn't come up with a rational answer before. No reason to believe you could come up with one now.

I thought about getting a couple ARs because they're cheap right now and there may be "Assault weapons ban" 2.0, but I just don't like them. Little bitty loud bullets. If it's that loud, I want something with some ass behind it.

I'd like a 357 SW and a 1911. Maybe a 30-06 just to hunt with if the left destroys the economy.
I wouldn't want a 1911, back when I was a kid, cousin came out the Winnebago with a .45..(military, his dad's)

Screwed up his face like Barney Fife and said "Oh I always keep one in the chamber", so he goes to put it up and there's this big bang and he opens the door of the Winnebago looking dazed with smoke rolling out behind him, and then it starts to smell like sewage around that Winnebago.

That RV is long gone.

But yeah, I'm leary of auto pistols. I have a S&W .38 oldie. Oh man it shoots nice!

For a pistol, I'm very confident with it. Was shooting a golf ball around with it last time at the range.

You have to pull the slide back or pull back the hammer if a round is already in the chamber.

So it will fire semi-auto after that, right?

Unconstitutional.

Voting is not a right.

OK......That was stupid.

That RV is long gone.

Yup yup

A trick we used to use to improve our trigger squeeze was called Ball & Dummy.
Somebody stands behind you with your gun and a mag and he'd either put a round in the mag and load the pistol or leave it empty. Then they'd put the weapon in the holster and you draw it, aim, and pull the trigger. If you had an empty mag you could tell if you're jerking the pistol or anticipating the recoil. Helps to improve aim and give you a tighter grouping.

One round only. A full mag makes the weapon weigh more and you can tell the difference.

Last edited:

Unconstitutional.

Hey, if 30 million illegal aliens get to ignore our laws, why can't American citizens also

Unconstitutional.

I would make this offer to the Democrats: We will go along with your bill, but you have to sign a contract with America. Win, lose or draw, you will never bring up any new gun laws or complaints after this.

They are totally untrustworthy. Give them nothing.

Unconstitutional.

Been there. Done that. It's unconstitutional.

Unconstitutional.

Of course. You couldn't come up with a rational answer before. No reason to believe you could come up with one now.

There is no reason in your head with which to reason, so why waste my time? The board has been all over this many times before.

Unconstitutional.

Voting is not a right.

OK......That was stupid.

Show me the constitutional text covering the right to vote.

So a national gun registry of sorts? That'll make it easier to confiscate the guns when they finally have the power required to complete their endgame by repealing the 2nd...

Better buy them now...

That RV is long gone.

If you have a round in the chamber you have to cock it, or rack a round into the chamber if you don't, which cocks it, once fired it cocks itself.

Unconstitutional.

There is no reason in your head with which to reason, so why waste my time? The board has been all over this many times before.

Got it. You still don't have a rational answer.

That RV is long gone.

Yeah, but if you have one in the pipe and pull the slide, that round will eject and is replaced with the first one in the magazine...

Voting is not a right.

OK......That was stupid.

Show me the constitutional text covering the right to vote.

OK. It's mentioned 5 times.

Scholars and courts often note that the Constitution nowhere says, "All individuals have the right to vote." It simply rules out specific limitations on "the right to vote." A right not guaranteed in affirmative terms isn't really a "right" in a fundamental sense, this reading suggests.

But if the Constitution has to say "here is a specific right and we now guarantee that right to every person," there are almost no rights in the Constitution. Linguistically, our Constitution is more in the rights-preserving than in the right-proclaiming business. The First Amendment doesn't say "every person has the right to free speech and free exercise of religion." In the Second, the right to "keep and bear arms" isn't defined, but rather shall not be "abridged." In the Fourth, "[t]he right of the people to be secure ... against unreasonable searches and seizures" isn't defined, but instead "shall not be violated." In the Seventh, "the right of (civil) trial by jury" -- whatever that is -- "shall be preserved." And so on.

In those terms, it ought to mean something that the right to vote is singled out more often than any other. Section 2 of the Fourteenth Amendment imposes a penalty upon states that deny or abridge "the right to vote at any [federal or state] election ... to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, ... except for participation in rebellion, or other crime." The Fifteenth states that "[t]he right of citizens of the United States to vote" can't be abridged by race; the Nineteenth says that the same right can't be abridged by sex; the Twenty-Fourth says that "the right of citizens of the United States to vote" in federal elections can't be blocked by a poll tax; and the Twenty-Sixth protects "[t]he right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote."
Voting: Right or Privilege?

Know what stops rapes? Hanging rapists. :dunno:

Doesn't stop the next one. There is always a next one.

All you proved is criminals don't follow the law, why have more laws that don't target criminals?

New Topics

Forum List

Back