Big government starts close to home

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
If you read enough of my posts you understand I'm not afraid of government regulations.

What has always annoyed me are folks who complain about taxes or big government then go use the power of Uncle Sam to enforce their religion, keep their neighbors from putting the wrong color siding on their own house, or call for the government to come help them out.

Recently a poor friend of mine has been renting a room in a condo in Vegas for some time. Its a decently upscale place.

Today her car which was not licensed correctly was impounded by the home owner's association.

In this case the upstanding better off than average folks are using the power of Uncle Sam to remove an Infiniti w/o 2009 tags from their parking lot because either:
1 letting unlicensed cars sit in the lot lowers the property value.
2 undesirable poor folks are more likely to drive unlicensed cars
3 the hoa has a need to enforce Nevada law

Back in St. Louis closer to home I can't help but notice whenever there is a wind storm suburban and even semi-suburban folks take their fallen limbs and put them on the street corner for the city to come by and pick up.

Wow, what helpless folks waiting for big government to save them.

Not to mention the folks who move out to New Town and then enact rules concerning what kind of lawn equipment can be used.

Rant over. I really understand the motivation behind all forms of political ideas. Different ppl can honestly feel both government spending and lower taxes can help the economy. All I ask for is consistency though.

Live way out in the country, if someone bugs you too much just shoot at em.
Hitting them is kinda messy and rerquires a lawyer though.

That be true.

When I was shopping for a house several years back my real estate agent said I was "an unincorporated type of guy".

Don't know if he was referring to my need to have a spot to park my parts car or have bonfires.

That be true.

When I was shopping for a house several years back my real estate agent said I was "an unincorporated type of guy".

Don't know if he was referring to my need to have a spot to park my parts car or have bonfires.

Both are handy. Also good to be able to target practice a bit behind the house without cops coning to get you. The only cops that have shown up while I was shooting , just wnated to join in.

OMG! That reminds me of one time my buddy showed up with his "new to him" AK. (Don't worry, all legal and semi-auto and all that.)

He'd put a ridiculous scope on it and brought it over to dial it in I suppose. I had a big soft tree trunk slice in the bonfire pit. We stood it up, spray painted a dot and a circle around it on the cut portion of the trunk, and then he stepped back MAYBE 20 feet and took a shot.

"PING" it went. Ol boy looked through his kill a deer from a mile away scope, didn't see anything, and looked around the scope. The light finally went off in my head that he'd hit the rocks under the log, and he took two more shots before he heard me yelling from behind the shed.

Forum List

Back