Big government just invaded your garage--

Soaring

May 30, 2009
- not the one where you might park a car (I have two in mine), but the 'garage sale' portion. Yup, your 'tag sale', 'yard sale' or 'garage sale' or whatever you call it, is now under government control. Get the key word - 'control'.

Moonbattery: Big Government Cracks Down on Secondhand Sales

August 21, 2009
Big Government Cracks Down on Secondhand Sales
Add garage sales and church bazaars to the list of American traditions moonbattery will kill:
If you're planning a garage sale or organizing a church bazaar, you'd best beware: You could be breaking a new federal law. As part of a campaign called Resale Roundup, the federal government is cracking down on the secondhand sales of dangerous and defective products.
The initiative, which targets toys and other products for children, enforces a new provision that makes it a crime to resell anything that's been recalled by its manufacturer. …
Secondhand sellers now must keep abreast of recalls for thousands of products, some of them stretching back more than a decade, to stay within the bounds of the law.
Rather than invest hours researching whether each item they don't need has been deemed hazardous by the pushy lawyers who rule us, most people will just throw the stuff in the trash. This will also help smother Goodwill and Salvation Army stores, not to mention eBay.

But think of how safe we'll all be!

On a tip from Tony I.

We live in a society -
"of the Government, by the Government, for the Government".
We are now slaves to A GREEDY government.

Nice. Advocating selling lead painted toys to other children, now are we. Seems to me to be reasonable enough to state that if you knowingly sell anyone a dangerous product that you will be held resposible.

They shouldn't worry. I will NEVER sell my Jarts set.

Good one. Jarts were outlawed btw by the fanatic campaign of one father whose kid got killed by a jart stuck in her head. Playing of course without adult supervision, which actually made it the father's fault, not the jart's fault.

Well crap. There goes my plan for getting rid of some of the more annoying of neighborhood kids.

200903232108.jpg

- not the one where you might park a car (I have two in mine), but the 'garage sale' portion. Yup, your 'tag sale', 'yard sale' or 'garage sale' or whatever you call it, is now under government control. Get the key word - 'control'.

Moonbattery: Big Government Cracks Down on Secondhand Sales

August 21, 2009
Big Government Cracks Down on Secondhand Sales
Add garage sales and church bazaars to the list of American traditions moonbattery will kill:
If you're planning a garage sale or organizing a church bazaar, you'd best beware: You could be breaking a new federal law. As part of a campaign called Resale Roundup, the federal government is cracking down on the secondhand sales of dangerous and defective products.
The initiative, which targets toys and other products for children, enforces a new provision that makes it a crime to resell anything that's been recalled by its manufacturer. …
Secondhand sellers now must keep abreast of recalls for thousands of products, some of them stretching back more than a decade, to stay within the bounds of the law.
Rather than invest hours researching whether each item they don't need has been deemed hazardous by the pushy lawyers who rule us, most people will just throw the stuff in the trash. This will also help smother Goodwill and Salvation Army stores, not to mention eBay.

But think of how safe we'll all be!

On a tip from Tony I.

We live in a society -
"of the Government, by the Government, for the Government".
We are now slaves to A GREEDY government.
if you have something that has been recalled by the manufacturer, send it back to them
you will get your money back and no one else will be hurt by it

Yeah...like I'm really worried that the FEDs are going to send agents to my yard sale.

ARe you fucking nuts?

Now Goodwill is another matter entirely.

They are a huge industry.

But as to the government going after you and I selling our used stuff in yard sales?

Please, do stop being a hysterical, black-helocopter-fearing, right wing loonie, would ya?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back