Big game today Arkansas vs Auburn

I just got home a bit ago and turned it on to see Arkansas score, then Auburn run back to the one yard line and score, now Arkansas just scored........................

Man! What a great game!

:clap2:

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Arkansas just scored again and made the 2 point conversion:

43 Arkansas
37 Auburn

Around 4 minutes left!

Love this game!

• Banned
and we're doing it with our back up QB and NO defense

:doubt: What the heck happened?

Yes, we lost by 22. But when Auburn has extra players on the field wearing black and white jerseys, it's hard to stay motivated to win. Both of those crucial calls there were in Auburn's favor were complete fucking bullshit. It's obvious this ref crew doesn't like Arkansas. They made that clear last year against Florida, a game in which they were suspended and fined for bad calls. This game was no different. These guys need to be in the unemployment line, along with Willie Robinson.

Kudos to Tyler Wilson. I had completely checked out when he came into the game, but he performed way better than I ever dreamed. The two interceptions were bad, but by that point, I think the team had given up. You can't win when the refs don't call a fair game. In that last drive, we should have been playing for a game tying touchdown/2-point conversion score. Instead, we were fighting to avoid a 22 point loss. 14 of those points should not have existed. We can talk about fair all day long, but Ray fucking Charles could have seen those plays were NOT called fairly.

I just don't understand how Cam Newton beat out the ref crew for MVP.

Congrats Auburn, I suppose. But I'll never concede that we were outplayed, just outreffed.

Yes, we lost by 22. But when Auburn has extra players on the field wearing black and white jerseys, it's hard to stay motivated to win. Both of those crucial calls there were in Auburn's favor were complete fucking bullshit. It's obvious this ref crew doesn't like Arkansas. They made that clear last year against Florida, a game in which they were suspended and fined for bad calls. This game was no different. These guys need to be in the unemployment line, along with Willie Robinson.

Kudos to Tyler Wilson. I had completely checked out when he came into the game, but he performed way better than I ever dreamed. The two interceptions were bad, but by that point, I think the team had given up. You can't win when the refs don't call a fair game. In that last drive, we should have been playing for a game tying touchdown/2-point conversion score. Instead, we were fighting to avoid a 22 point loss. 14 of those points should not have existed. We can talk about fair all day long, but Ray fucking Charles could have seen those plays were NOT called fairly.

Congrats Auburn, I suppose. But I'll never concede that we were outplayed, just outreffed.

I heard hints about bad calls, but never the details. If it is all bad, I hope they get suspended and fined again. Not that that will help the outcome of the game. That being said, I will be the first (no the 2nd - my husband has said it for years) to say that it amazes me how ''lucky'' Auburn tends to be.

Sorry Jon. I know it sucks.

ETA: Jon, what were the calls? Like I said, I kept hearing about ''controversial calls'', but then never heard details.

Last edited:
NM Jon. I just saw it on College Final on ESPN. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

We were out reffed...that "touchdown" that was never called a touchdown was total BS....

Give me a break. You whine after every loss? ALabama straight beat our ass, yes a few bad calls, but come on.

Give me a break. You whine after every loss? ALabama straight beat our ass, yes a few bad calls, but come on.

Alabama straight beat our ass? Not hardly. We let them have that one, but they were outplayed for 3 1/2 quarters. No, dominated for 3 1/2 quarters.

If the Auburn game had been a fair game, what you would have seen was a shootout. Neither defense could stop the other team. However, it wasn't a fair game. The refs gave Auburn two touchdowns they did not earn. There are bad calls that don't really affect a game (like bad pass interference calls), but when you deliberately don't know how to rule on a play under review, it's beyond a bad call. This ref crew has demonstrated incompetence and lack of bias on a number of occasions. They need to be replaced. I know it doesn't change the outcome of the game, but I hope Petrino and Long pursue sanctions against these guys.

Whining? Hardly. I can accept defeat, but that does not mean I won't point out unfair refereeing. We couldn't contain Newton, and our defense cost us a lot of points. We played some bad defense all day long, and there were a couple of bad passes from an untested quarterback. But Auburn looked just as shitty on defense. If the refs had called a fair game, we might have seen a different outcome.

Alabama straight beat our ass? Not hardly. We let them have that one, but they were outplayed for 3 1/2 quarters. No, dominated for 3 1/2 quarters.

If the Auburn game had been a fair game, what you would have seen was a shootout. Neither defense could stop the other team. However, it wasn't a fair game. The refs gave Auburn two touchdowns they did not earn. There are bad calls that don't really affect a game (like bad pass interference calls), but when you deliberately don't know how to rule on a play under review, it's beyond a bad call. This ref crew has demonstrated incompetence and lack of bias on a number of occasions. They need to be replaced. I know it doesn't change the outcome of the game, but I hope Petrino and Long pursue sanctions against these guys.

Whining? Hardly. I can accept defeat, but that does not mean I won't point out unfair refereeing. We couldn't contain Newton, and our defense cost us a lot of points. We played some bad defense all day long, and there were a couple of bad passes from an untested quarterback. But Auburn looked just as shitty on defense. If the refs had called a fair game, we might have seen a different outcome.

I meant Auburn straight whipped our asses. I'm sorry.

I meant Auburn straight whipped our asses. I'm sorry.

Then you didn't watch the same game. It was a fun game to watch because of the all the points scored, but both teams should be disgusted by their defense. Until the fourth quarter when Wilson threw the interceptions, we were still in this game, in spite of the refs. They did not "kick our ass." Two interceptions doesn't qualify as such.

Yes, Auburn won by 22. But again, 14 of those points were given by refs on bad calls that were NOT "questionable." There was clear evidence in both cases. In the first case, the call "on the field" was NEVER signaled a touchdown, and the line judge had clearly signaled the fumble. Furthermore, it was signaled that Arkansas recovered the fumble. Somehow, that turned into a touchdown. Even if it WERE ruled a touchdown on the field, video evidence clearly showed he did not cross the line with the ball. The second was ruled a fumble, but video evidence shows that his knee was clearly down before the ball came out.

Again, there are bad calls, and then there's those two calls. They are in a league of their own. I think politician and football ref are the only jobs where you can do it wrong and not get fired. I want something to be done about this ref crew so we don't set a standard of refs deliberately fucking over a team. If this had been any other ref crew, I wouldn't be nearly as annoyed. It's clear this ref crew has it out for Arkansas.

wow that some serious crying from the Ar-Kansas fans.
I was on a thread earlier saying Ar-Kansas was hardly all that. Some lady was all excited they were one spot above LSU in pre season polls. LOL

Forum List

Back