Big Disappointment Today:

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
I just learned that my two favorite seasonal series, the tv programs I look forward all week to watching on Sunday nights, have ended for the year. These are Downton Abbey, a BBC production on PBS, and Shameless, an outrageously hilarious HBO sitcom. I can't get enough of either of these two shows.

Anyone else like either or both?

I just learned that my two favorite seasonal series, the tv programs I look forward all week to watching on Sunday nights, have ended for the year. These are Downton Abbey, a BBC production on PBS, and Shameless, an outrageously hilarious HBO sitcom. I can't get enough of either of these two shows.

I don't care for Shameless, my daughter likes that one. I read so much about Downtown Abbey though. Do they rerun them? I would like to start watching it.

PBS?

I saw a great American Experience on PBS the other night. A two part showing on the Clintons. (Speaking of PBS, not to change the subject.)

I've totally ignored both.

Shameless aint done yet.....its only at the halfway mark....

There are shows on TV? Wow, I always thought it was just for news, educational programs, documentaries and movies......... ya know, minimal IQ depleters......... :eusa_whistle:
Now I remember, I watched a sitcom once, the IQ drain was enormous. Thankfully I was able to quickly restore what was lost. The miracle of books......... :cool:

There are shows on TV? Wow, I always thought it was just for news, educational programs, documentaries and movies......... ya know, minimal IQ depleters......... :eusa_whistle:
Now I remember, I watched a sitcom once, the IQ drain was enormous. Thankfully I was able to quickly restore what was lost. The miracle of books......... :cool:

:lol: You sound like my Wife??? !!! When were you born???!!! Where did you hide the Checkbook??? !!! :lol:

Shameless is on Showtime and it's only half way through the season. It is definitely one of my favorite series, William H. Macy is fantastic in it, and Fiona (don't know her real name), she's gorgeous.

I love Downton Abbey! The attention to period detail wonderful!

I don't care for Shameless, my daughter likes that one. I read so much about Downtown Abbey though. Do they rerun them? I would like to start watching it.

I don't know if PBS will re-run the Downton Abbey series but I hope they do.

It appears that Season Two ended last Sunday. I'm assuming it's ended because the last two episodes were two hours long and there is no listing for Downton Abbey tomorrow (Sunday 2/26).

Last edited:
Shameless is on Showtime and it's only half way through the season. It is definitely one of my favorite series, William H. Macy is fantastic in it, and Fiona (don't know her real name), she's gorgeous.
I assumed the Shameless season ended because it is not listed in tomorrow's (Sunday, 2/26) lineup. Also, I did a SEARCH and the only Shameless episode that came up is a re-run (today) of last Sunday's episode, A Bottle Of Jean Nate.

That's true -- and very typical of BBC productions.

If you haven't already seen a movie called, Gosford Park, watch for it. If you like the Downton Abbey genre I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It usually runs once or twice a year on HBO and/or Showtime.

Another really good one is, The Remains Of The Day, with Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson.

Until the BBC began examining the relationship between the British aristocracy and the servant class in such humanistic detail as presented in these excellent productions, those who appeared in films and plays as butlers and maids occurred to us as vaguely animated utilitarian props rather than people with feelings and personalities. But the central theme of Downton Abbey and the other two is the humanity of the servant class, which is what makes these films so interesting and, in the case of Downton Abbey, captivating.

So, with Mr. Bates locked away in prison and Thomas, the evil one, scheming to replace him, I anxiously look forward to Season Three.

Watching Shameless will affect your IQ about as much as reading Tropic of Cancer. It is a unique sitcom to say the least.

Downton Abbey is carried on Netflix. Both disc and streaming.

That's true -- and very typical of BBC productions.

If you haven't already seen a movie called, Gosford Park, watch for it. If you like the Downton Abbey genre I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It usually runs once or twice a year on HBO and/or Showtime.

Another really good one is, The Remains Of The Day, with Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson.

Until the BBC began examining the relationship between the British aristocracy and the servant class in such humanistic detail as presented in these excellent productions, those who appeared in films and plays as butlers and maids occurred to us as vaguely animated utilitarian props rather than people with feelings and personalities. But the central theme of Downton Abbey and the other two is the humanity of the servant class, which is what makes these films so interesting and, in the case of Downton Abbey, captivating.

So, with Mr. Bates locked away in prison and Thomas, the evil one, scheming to replace him, I anxiously look forward to Season Three.

LOVE Godsford Park...and The Remains Of The Day!!! I have them on DVD along with both seasons of Downton Abby.

Forum List

Back