Big Dig now considered a crime scene

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Ted Kennedy's "Big Dig" which cost five times the original estimate has also cost a life.

BOSTON Jul 11, 2006 (AP)— Massachusetts Attorney General Tom Reilly said Tuesday he is treating the concrete collapse in a Big Dig tunnel that killed a motorist as a crime scene that could lead to charges of negligent homicide.

Reilly's office already has begun issuing subpoenas to those involved in the design, manufacturing, testing, construction and oversight of the panels and tunnel.

"What we are looking at is anyone who had anything to do with what happened last night," Reilly said. "No one is going to be spared."

Gov. Mitt Romney said Tuesday he is taking legal action to oust the head of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority after a woman was crushed to death by falling cement in a Boston Big Dig tunnel.

"People should not have to drive through the Turnpike tunnels with their fingers crossed," Romney said. "Neither I nor anyone else could be or should be satisfied until we have new leadership at the Turnpike authority."

http://www.mg.co.za/articlePage.asp...aking_news/breaking_news__international_news/

ScreamingEagle said:
Ted Kennedy's "Big Dig" which cost five times the original estimate has also cost a life.

A lot of mass transit crap in the news. I guess thats why so many people stick to thier own personal transportation. Between accidents and terrorists it's a bit ticklish!

dilloduck said:
A lot of mass transit crap in the news. I guess thats why so many people stick to thier own personal transportation. Between accidents and terrorists it's a bit ticklish!

The big dig was a highway project. They buried this highway in boston (don't remember which one) below the city because it was easier to do so then expand its current capacity. The thing is an engineering marvel, and its unfortunate when lives are lost due to engineering incompetence.

PsuedoGhost said:
The big dig was a highway project. They buried this highway in boston (don't remember which one) below the city because it was easier to do so then expand its current capacity. The thing is an engineering marvel, and its unfortunate when lives are lost due to engineering incompetence.

It's the biggest piece of pork you can buy.

dilloduck said:
It's the biggest piece of pork you can buy.

People bitch about traffic. They build it, people bitch about how much it cost.

Some times, you can just do no right.

PsuedoGhost said:
People bitch about traffic. They build it, people bitch about how much it cost.

Some times, you can just do no right.

In Boston an underground central artery roadway is being built, "The Big Dig", at a cost of billions, which has been called by some "The Road to Hell" because the cost keeps growing (current estimate 14.6 Billion $ for the 7.5 mile highway, sounds expensive, doesn't it? Reportedly its cost will soon grow to $14.7 Billion $). And of course there is the issue of the Big Dig Route 93 Tunnel being full of leaks, and there is a concern that it could suddenly flood. But what do you expect for 14.6 billion $? Perfection? It was originally proposed in September 1983 as costing 2.2 Billion $ and to be completed in 1995, it was supposed to be completed in 2005. Note that the cost has increased by a factor of 6.66, we will discuss the significance of that number (666- number of the Beast in Revelation 13) below. So the Big Dig has been a case of "The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions". (Note that there is another "Road to Hell" in England, a circular highway around London, that I relate to Mad Cow Disease (again, "The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions") on this page.) The elevated highway the Big Dig will replace has been called "the green monster" and once was called "The Highway in the Sky", when it first opened.

OOOPPPSSSS....sounds like a nutty whack job with some sort of conspiracy theory throwing around facts.....I think I'd better go find my tinfoil fedora.

Fmr jarhead said:

Quote:
In Boston an underground central artery roadway is being built, "The Big Dig", at a cost of billions, which has been called by some "The Road to Hell" because the cost keeps growing (current estimate 14.6 Billion $ for the 7.5 mile highway, sounds expensive, doesn't it? Reportedly its cost will soon grow to $14.7 Billion $). And of course there is the issue of the Big Dig Route 93 Tunnel being full of leaks, and there is a concern that it could suddenly flood. But what do you expect for 14.6 billion $? Perfection? It was originally proposed in September 1983 as costing 2.2 Billion $ and to be completed in 1995, it was supposed to be completed in 2005. Note that the cost has increased by a factor of 6.66, we will discuss the significance of that number (666- number of the Beast in Revelation 13) below. So the Big Dig has been a case of "The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions". (Note that there is another "Road to Hell" in England, a circular highway around London, that I relate to Mad Cow Disease (again, "The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions") on this page.) The elevated highway the Big Dig will replace has been called "the green monster" and once was called "The Highway in the Sky", when it first opened.

OOOPPPSSSS....sounds like a nutty whack job with some sort of conspiracy theory throwing around facts.....I think I'd better go find my tinfoil fedora.
Please tell me you're joking.

Forum List

Back