Big Changes Coming For New England Patriots

No AGAIN,your doing the troll thing that rightwinger troll does all the time,ignore FACTS.AGAIN with a great receiver like Randy Moss who was in his prime at that time to throw to and a great offensive line that he had to play behind,you could have made anybody the head coach of that team and they would have done great with talent like that,that year.:cuckoo: again you make yourself look like a fool siding with troll rightwinger ignoring the FACTS Belicheck was a miserable fail at Cleverland.:clap2:

somehow you trolls know what your talking about and this sports announcer here in my kansas city when he was talking about Belecheck being fired and beliccheck and the patriots that he was a failure when he was in cleveland and he comes to NE and Brady resurrects his career and now all of a sudden he is a genuis.:cuckoo: great game of dodgeball.:clap2: again according to your warped drug minds you three all have,your logic is that TODD HALEY is a great coach cause of the fluke year the chiefs had when they went 10-6 under Haley and he went to the pro bowl.:lmao:

sorry you cant have it both ways,if Belicheck is a great head coach then according to your warped minds you have,Haley is as well.:cuckoo::lmao: give it up.your arguments are pathetic when you all are cornered. :lmao:

You do realize that Moss only played with Brady for two seasons don't you?

uh everyone knows that,and yout point is?:cuckoo:

Meaning Moss had little impact on the Patriots success

I can buy Belichick being overrated. I don't agree with it, I think he's top 3 as far as NFL coaches go, but I can accept that argument. However, the idea that he's a BAD coach, that his ineptitude has been covered up by Tom Brady's greatness, is ludicrous. In today's salary-cap, parity-is-king NFL, to maintain the level of success that the Pats have for as long as they have is remarkable. Maybe more credit needs to go to the team's management, but Belichick is OBVIOUSLY a huge part of it.

Yes, he has Tom Brady. Bill Walsh had Joe Montana, does that make Walsh a nobody coach riding the coattails of his QB? Of course not!

The Pats were a playoff team with Bledsoe when he got hurt. Yes, it was lucky for them that Brady turned out as great as he did. That doesn't change the fact that they've won consistently with a lot of middle-of-the-road talent. In fact, when their offense got more high profile talent, they stopped winning SB's! It was the blue-collar, no superstars (other than Brady) teams that surprised everyone by winning and winning again.

I don't like the Pats particularly. I'm a Niner fan, have been for my whole adult life and some of my childhood. I can still recognize the incredible job Belichick has done with the Patriots football team. Only fandom bias can make someone consider him a poor coach.

You do realize that Moss only played with Brady for two seasons don't you?

He was a great receiver at that time which was perfect for castle because AGAIN,with an excellent offensive line that they had back then unlike they do now,Castle was in a great postion like he was to have a great offensive line like that to throw to with great receivers like wes welker and Moss to throw to.

Your clearly just trolling seeking attention.All I do is end up having to repeat the same damn thing over and over again with you cause you ignore it.have fun talking to yourself.same to the other two Belecheck apologists who sided with this idiot troll who also cant accept facts.

again the proof is in the pudding that this guy is a troll who ignores facts and evidence that proves him wrong and is a paid troll as I demonstrated the way he ran off with his tail between his legs when I cornered him on this political debate with facts and evidence he would not address and changed the subject right here in my FIRST post on this page with that link I posted there in that post.cowardly running off refusing to admit defeat or even addressing the facts given that prove him wrong.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/sports/267171-nfl-playoffs-new-orleans-bound-13.html

have fun talking to yourself.Im done with you.

Last edited:
Patriots are the best team of this era

Case closed

I can buy Belichick being overrated. I don't agree with it, I think he's top 3 as far as NFL coaches go, but I can accept that argument. However, the idea that he's a BAD coach, that his ineptitude has been covered up by Tom Brady's greatness, is ludicrous. In today's salary-cap, parity-is-king NFL, to maintain the level of success that the Pats have for as long as they have is remarkable. Maybe more credit needs to go to the team's management, but Belichick is OBVIOUSLY a huge part of it.

Yes, he has Tom Brady. Bill Walsh had Joe Montana, does that make Walsh a nobody coach riding the coattails of his QB? Of course not!

The Pats were a playoff team with Bledsoe when he got hurt. Yes, it was lucky for them that Brady turned out as great as he did. That doesn't change the fact that they've won consistently with a lot of middle-of-the-road talent. In fact, when their offense got more high profile talent, they stopped winning SB's! It was the blue-collar, no superstars (other than Brady) teams that surprised everyone by winning and winning again.

I don't like the Pats particularly. I'm a Niner fan, have been for my whole adult life and some of my childhood. I can still recognize the incredible job Belichick has done with the Patriots football team. Only fandom bias can make someone consider him a poor coach.

Uh not true.The FACTS are that The Pats the very first year when Bledsoe was Belichecks quarterback,they had a losing season.the very next year it wasnt till Bledoe got hurt that Brady got the job for good.whats absurd about rightwingers logic is he says its a no brainer NOW that Belecheck put Brady back in the lineup back then but it wasnt at the time.Bullshit.It was a complete no brainer at that time as well.Lies from him as always.

If there really was any pats fans back then that wanted Bledsoe back in as the starter which I have a hard time believeing especially since I have proved that rightwinger has to lie when he is cornered,, then they are as stupid as Rightwinger is because it was a no brainer BACK THEN for me and all the football fans I know in my city when it happened.we were all saying back then that Belecheck would have to be on drugs to put Bledsoe back in because Brady was lighting it up and doing what Bledsoe could NOT do,move the chains and win games.so anybody with a brain that can remember back then like i can,only an idiot back then would have wanted Bledsoe back in.:cuckoo:

No its not ludicrous at all that Belechicks ineptness has been covered up by Bradys greatness as at all. As i said earlier,Brady is one of those rare players like Elway,Montana,Farvre,Marino,Peyton Manning,Drew Brees who makes all the players around them greater players than they really are. whats ludicrous is saying he is one of the three best coachs in the league now especially since he was miserable failure at cleveland before coming to NE as I just proved in my previous post but got ignored.

Tom Brady whom Belecheck didnt even think was good enough to be the starter at the beginning of the year,comes in and saves his career and all of a sudden there are idiots here who think he is all of a sudden one of the greatest coaches ever.:cuckoo: a fact that keeps CONSTANTLY getting ignored around here.

they won with middle of the road talent because again,with one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time in Tom Brady at the helm,he makes the players so much more better and far more talented than they really are and they take their game level to a much higher level with Brady on the team.Just like Elway,Farve,Montana and Marino always did with all their players.

He for sure reminds me an awful lot of Elway.Elway early in his career had very little talent around him at all.He took them to 3 superbowls early in his career and carried the load on his shoulders alone making all the avarage players around him into very very good players.Same with tom Brady.no difference.

Last edited:

He was a great receiver at that time which was perfect for castle because AGAIN,with an excellent offensive line that they had back then unlike they do now,Castle was in a great postion like he was to have a great offensive line like that to throw to with great receivers like wes welker and Moss to throw to.

Your clearly just trolling seeking attention.All I do is end up having to repeat the same damn thing over and over again with you cause you ignore it.have fun talking to yourself.same to the other two Belecheck apologists who sided with this idiot troll who also cant accept facts.

again the proof is in the pudding that this guy is a troll who ignores facts and evidence that proves him wrong and is a paid troll as I demonstrated the way he ran off with his tail between his legs when I cornered him on this political debate with facts and evidence he would not address and changed the subject right here in my FIRST post on this page with that link I posted there in that post.cowardly running off refusing to admit defeat or even addressing the facts given that prove him wrong.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/sports/267171-nfl-playoffs-new-orleans-bound-13.html

have fun talking to yourself.Im done with you.

Here it is again,since I did not post the link at the time you replied.you were given many chances to address those facts,all you could do is cowardly come back with pathetic one liners and avoid the facts and changed the subject.you operate the SAME way in your sports debates.

Uh not true.The FACTS are that The Pats the very first year when Bledsoe was Belichecks quarterback,they had a losing season.the very next year it wasnt till Bledoe got hurt that Brady got the job for good.whats absurd about rightwingers logic is he says its a no brainer NOW that Belecheck put Brady back in the lineup back then but it wasnt at the time.Bullshit.It was a complete no brainer at that time as well.Lies from him as always.

If there really was any pats fans back then that wanted Bledsoe back in as the starter which I have a hard time believeing especially since I have proved that rightwinger has to lie when he is cornered,, then they are as stupid as Rightwinger is because it was a no brainer BACK THEN for me and all the football fans I know in my city when it happened.we were all saying back then that Belecheck would have to be on drugs to put Bledsoe back in because Brady was lighting it up and doing what Bledsoe could NOT do,move the chains and win games.so anybody with a brain that can remember back then like i can,only an idiot back then would have wanted Bledsoe back in.:cuckoo:

No its not ludicrous at all that Belechicks ineptness has been covered up by Bradys greatness as at all. As i said earlier,Brady is one of those rare players like Elway,Montana,Farvre,Marino,Peyton Manning,Drew Brees who makes all the players around them greater players than they really are. whats ludicrous is saying he is one of the three best coachs in the league now especially since he was miserable failure at cleveland before coming to NE as I just proved in my previous post but got ignored.

Tom Brady whom Belecheck didnt even think was good enough to be the starter at the beginning of the year,comes in and saves his career and all of a sudden there are idiots here who think he is all of a sudden one of the greatest coaches ever.:cuckoo: a fact that keeps CONSTANTLY getting ignored around here.

they won with middle of the road talent because again,with one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time in Tom Brady at the helm,he makes the players so much more better and far more talented than they really are and they take their game level to a much higher level with Brady on the team.Just like Elway,Farve,Montana and Marino always did with all their players.

He for sure reminds me an awful lot of Elway.Elway early in his career had very little talent around him at all.He took them to 3 superbowls early in his career and carried the load on his shoulders alone making all the avarage players around him into very very good players.Same with tom Brady.no difference.

I don't know why I'm bothering, but here goes....

I think the point people are making isn't that Brady should have been benched when Bledsoe was healthy, but that no one in the NFL scouting departments around the league had any idea what Brady would do BEFORE he became the starter.

Are you saying Joe Montana had sup-par talent around him? Really? Jerry Rice, the greatest receiver of all time? Roger Craig was a good rb who could catch well out of the backfield. They had a strong defense most of Montana's years, certainly the SB years. Bill Walsh is widely regarded as one of the better coaches of his time, if not the best. Was it really all just Montana?

With Elway....he may have elevated sub-par talent, but he wasn't able to WIN a SB until he had a superstar running back. Brady did.

Favre had some of the same issues, although I would say Sterling Sharpe was a great WR before he got hurt.

Marino is certainly an example that fits, but again, Marino went to ONE SB and lost. Brady has been to 5 and won 3, and didn't have the superstars on offense when they won.

So by your reasoning, Bill Walsh was a crappy coach. Jerry Rice was a below average receiver. I guess Don Schula was a crappy coach as well? Mike Holmgren just rode Favre's coattails? Dan Reeves and Mike Shanahan are coaching slouches? Hell, who IS a good coach, other than apparently Pete Carroll? I wouldn't be surprised if you say Vince Lombardi sucked, with Bart Starr and all the HoF talent on the team!

The Patriots under Belichick have the record for most playoff wins in a row. They have one the best winning percentages in history. They have had an undefeated regular season, missing the perfect season by a close loss in the SB. They have been to 5 SBs and won 3. In the 5 SBs, the Pats have given up 29, 21, 21, 17 and 17 points. They have scored 32, 24, 20, 17 and 14. So the defense has played pretty well, and the offense has been less than overpowering. But that's all due to Brady? Really?

Tom Brady is one the best QBs to ever play. I won't deny that. I also will readily admit that Brady's success has been a big part of Belichick's success. However, that is very often the case....great coaches have had great players. Great players have had other great players around them. It's the nature of team sports. You can argue that Belichick isn't one of the greatest because of Brady and that's reasonable. To argue that Belichick is terrible and only has any success because of Brady, on the other hand, is nothing but fanboy idiocy. Especially when you make the argument with such little logic behind it.

I don't know why I'm bothering, but here goes....

I think the point people are making isn't that Brady should have been benched when Bledsoe was healthy, but that no one in the NFL scouting departments around the league had any idea what Brady would do BEFORE he became the starter.

Are you saying Joe Montana had sup-par talent around him? Really? Jerry Rice, the greatest receiver of all time? Roger Craig was a good rb who could catch well out of the backfield. They had a strong defense most of Montana's years, certainly the SB years. Bill Walsh is widely regarded as one of the better coaches of his time, if not the best. Was it really all just Montana?

With Elway....he may have elevated sub-par talent, but he wasn't able to WIN a SB until he had a superstar running back. Brady did.

Favre had some of the same issues, although I would say Sterling Sharpe was a great WR before he got hurt.

Marino is certainly an example that fits, but again, Marino went to ONE SB and lost. Brady has been to 5 and won 3, and didn't have the superstars on offense when they won.

So by your reasoning, Bill Walsh was a crappy coach. Jerry Rice was a below average receiver. I guess Don Schula was a crappy coach as well? Mike Holmgren just rode Favre's coattails? Dan Reeves and Mike Shanahan are coaching slouches? Hell, who IS a good coach, other than apparently Pete Carroll? I wouldn't be surprised if you say Vince Lombardi sucked, with Bart Starr and all the HoF talent on the team!

The Patriots under Belichick have the record for most playoff wins in a row. They have one the best winning percentages in history. They have had an undefeated regular season, missing the perfect season by a close loss in the SB. They have been to 5 SBs and won 3. In the 5 SBs, the Pats have given up 29, 21, 21, 17 and 17 points. They have scored 32, 24, 20, 17 and 14. So the defense has played pretty well, and the offense has been less than overpowering. But that's all due to Brady? Really?

Tom Brady is one the best QBs to ever play. I won't deny that. I also will readily admit that Brady's success has been a big part of Belichick's success. However, that is very often the case....great coaches have had great players. Great players have had other great players around them. It's the nature of team sports. You can argue that Belichick isn't one of the greatest because of Brady and that's reasonable. To argue that Belichick is terrible and only has any success because of Brady, on the other hand, is nothing but fanboy idiocy. Especially when you make the argument with such little logic behind it.

Now your putting words in my mouth that I never said.thats what all you OCTA frady cat deniars seem to do all the time.you also keep avoiding what I keep saying that according to the warped logic of rightwinger troll,Tom Haley is an excellent coach since as a starter.Matt Castle went 10 and 6 with the chiefs and went to the pro bowl that year,cant have it both ways,if Belecheck is a great coach for a fluke year that castle went 11- 5 with the pats then so is haley for them going 10-6 and castle making the pro bowl with the chiefs. when the TRUTH is those two years were obviously fluke years for BOTH the chiefs AND pats.:cuckoo:

No all those coachs you mentioned were very good coachs.oh and you obviously havent read all my posts on this thread because i have said at LEAST two times that Belecheck is a very good defensive coordinater,its just he is like wade phillips,a good defensive coordinater,but not head coach material.

oh and you seem to not remember that Beleicheck was such an idiot that unlike carrol,he could not see that Brady was a great quarterback even in his second year not making him into a starter UNTIL Bledsoe got hurt.everyone keeps dodging the fact that carrol was brilliant enough to see what many people couldnt,that wilson could be a starter cause he saw his greatness in him before a regular season game.Belecheck is such an idiot he could not see it til he was FORCED to put brady in.If he was such a genuis,he would have seen it before the season began.:cuckoo: this point keeps getting ignored EVERYTIME.

oh and belecheck had a great players on defense back then when Brady won him those three superbowls.like Ty Law,Teddy Bruski and others so of course he had SOEMTHING to do with it but it was mostly Brady since they were on their way to having another losing season when Bledsoe was the starter.:cuckoo:

rightwionger troll lied earlier saying it wasnt a popular move back then to keep brady in the lineup when bledsoe was injured and ready to go back in,it was a NO BRAINER back then,everybody say that Brady was doing what bledsoe could not do,when games for them so it was very popular with the fans back then,pay attention.:cuckoo:

Rgoer Craig and Jerry Rice were not there when Montana won his first two superbowls and didnt have much of a running game so he had a huge hand in those superbowls.No Walsh was a whiz on offense and did not have part of Montana becoming a good qb.

all those other coachs were very good coaches but BELECHECK unlike Walsh had nothing to do with Brady becoming a good qb.to say otherwise is absurd causeBelechecks specialty is DEFENSE not quarterback,have you forgetten that?:cuckoo:

Now your putting words in my mouth that I never said.thats what all you OCTA frady cat deniars seem to do all the time.you also keep avoiding what I keep saying that according to the warped logic of rightwinger troll,Tom Haley is an excellent coach since as a starter.Matt Castle went 10 and 6 with the chiefs and went to the pro bowl that year,cant have it both ways,if Belecheck is a great coach for a fluke year that castle went 11- 5 with the pats then so is haley for them going 10-6 and castle making the pro bowl with the chiefs. when the TRUTH is those two years were obviously fluke years for BOTH the chiefs AND pats.:cuckoo:

No all those coachs you mentioned were very good coachs.oh and you obviously havent read all my posts on this thread because i have said at LEAST two times that Belecheck is a very good defensive coordinater,its just he is like wade phillips,a good defensive coordinater,but not head coach material.

oh and you seem to not remember that Beleicheck was such an idiot that unlike carrol,he could not see that Brady was a great quarterback even in his second year not making him into a starter UNTIL Bledsoe got hurt.everyone keeps dodging the fact that carrol was brilliant enough to see what many people couldnt,that wilson could be a starter cause he saw his greatness in him before a regular season game.Belecheck is such an idiot he could not see it til he was FORCED to put brady in.If he was such a genuis,he would have seen it before the season began.:cuckoo: this point keeps getting ignored EVERYTIME.

oh and belecheck had a great players on defense back then when Brady won him those three superbowls.like Ty Law,Teddy Bruski and others so of course he had SOEMTHING to do with it but it was mostly Brady since they were on their way to having another losing season when Bledsoe was the starter.:cuckoo:

rightwionger troll lied earlier saying it wasnt a popular move back then to keep brady in the lineup when bledsoe was injured and ready to go back in,it was a NO BRAINER back then,everybody say that Brady was doing what bledsoe could not do,when games for them so it was very popular with the fans back then,pay attention.:cuckoo:

Rgoer Craig and Jerry Rice were not there when Montana won his first two superbowls and didnt have much of a running game so he had a huge hand in those superbowls.No Walsh was a whiz on offense and did not have part of Montana becoming a good qb.

all those other coachs were very good coaches but BELECHECK unlike Walsh had nothing to do with Brady becoming a good qb.to say otherwise is absurd causeBelechecks specialty is DEFENSE not quarterback,have you forgetten that?:cuckoo:

I'm not arguing with rightwinger, so no need to bring up his posts to me.

Let me say this again. Apparently NO ONE in ANY NFL scouting department knew Brady was going to be great. He was a SIXTH ROUND DRAFT PICK. That means that all the teams in the league were underwhelmed by him coming out of college. To somehow blame Belichick for not having magical knowledge about what would happen with Brady that no one else had is ridiculous.

More, to compare that to Pete Carroll starting Wilson is also ridiculous. Wilson has had one good year. When he has a HoF career, that's when you start making those comparisons. He may well do that, but it's too early yet to say. More, Wilson did not take the job from a proven starter who had just signed a 10 year contract. Brady did. Finally, it seems apparent that Wilson won the job in training camp. Brady did not; he didn't start until Bledsoe was hurt. The situations are very different, and Carroll is certainly not in Belichick's level as a coach yet. Again, he may end up winning SBs and being an all-time great, but he hasn't yet.

And in the end, since we aren't on these teams and can't judge based on personal experience, the level of success of the teams a coach is in charge of is the biggest meterstick for how good that coach is. Few coaches have had the success of Belichick, none in the recent years of the NFL. You say he's a good coordinator but not a good coach, yet his team has been in the playoffs almost every year he's been there, he's taken the team to 5 SBs and won 3. If it's because he's so great at defense, then it's not just because of Brady. If it's because of Brady, they wouldn't have had good defense. If other coaches are good despite the superstar status of their players, why not Belichick?

If you want to look at a coach that, IMO, was better as a coordinator than a head coach, try Jon Gruden. He won a SB, but he took over a contender in the Bucs, won his first year, then the team was terrible the next. They went one year on, one year off for his entire stay there I think. He didn't have the consistency Belichick's teams have had.

Oh, and you said this "
No its not ludicrous at all that Belechicks ineptness has been covered up by Bradys greatness as at all" That seems to be saying Belichick is inept. Not that he was a great defensive coordinator, but that he is an inept head coach.

Forum List

Back