Big Brother? *SPOILER ALERT!*

Boogie and Ian were seriously crying a few minutes ago. Boogie is going to try for Joe's vote one more time, then that is it. Double Eviction night.
Crying? That's interesting. I wonder if Boogie managed to evoke guilt in Ian and extract a confession of Ian's betrayal. If so and if Frank finds out about it Ian can be turned, which is not good.

At this point I strongly doubt that Joe can be turned. His impression of Frank and Boogie is well formed and he's not receptive to their serenades.

Last night on BB After Dark Boogie launched into a free-association diatribe that revealed him to have some serious issues. That man has a serious need for psychotherapy.

I've always thought of the Big Brother show as an elaborate psych lab in which the effects of confinement on a variety of personalities may be observed. Sometimes it's boring but there are times when it's very interesting and last night was one of those times.

Boogie's problem is his wholly distorted ego-image. He hasn't the slightest idea that he is in fact a scrawny, funny-looking character rather than the "cool dude" he obviously thinks he is. I'm sure if he came to abruptly realize how goofy he looks with that ridiculous headband he would have a breakdown and become catatonic. He doesn't realize that Frank regards him as a useful idiot and he believes his relationship with Frank to be one of equal attributes.

What a weird individual he is.

Hope you saw Ian's goodbye message. I have new respect for Ian and Boogie is a class act.
I did see it. Compliments to Ian. While Boogie might seem like a class act he had little choice under the circumstances. But if you had seen his diatribe last night on BB After Dark in which hateful vitriol oozed out of him like pus from a boil you would know what his true feelings are for Ian now. I regard Boogie as a ridiculous and disgusting character.

Now his counterpart, Frank, is beginning to fester. Neither him nor Boogie are able to realize or accept the reason why the tide has turned against them. Neither of them is nearly as smart as they think they are and their true personalities have alienated everyone in the House except Ashley -- who is an airhead.

If Frank doesn't win every contest from now on his days are numbered. No one has any reason to align with him or defend him.

Last edited:
Crying? That's interesting. I wonder if Boogie managed to evoke guilt in Ian and extract a confession of Ian's betrayal. If so and if Frank finds out about it Ian can be turned, which is not good.

At this point I strongly doubt that Joe can be turned. His impression of Frank and Boogie is well formed and he's not receptive to their serenades.

Last night on BB After Dark Boogie launched into a free-association diatribe that revealed him to have some serious issues. That man has a serious need for psychotherapy.

I've always thought of the Big Brother show as an elaborate psych lab in which the effects of confinement on a variety of personalities may be observed. Sometimes it's boring but there are times when it's very interesting and last night was one of those times.

Boogie's problem is his wholly distorted ego-image. He hasn't the slightest idea that he is in fact a scrawny, funny-looking character rather than the "cool dude" he obviously thinks he is. I'm sure if he came to abruptly realize how goofy he looks with that ridiculous headband he would have a breakdown and become catatonic. He doesn't realize that Frank regards him as a useful idiot and he believes his relationship with Frank to be one of equal attributes.

What a weird individual he is.

Hope you saw Ian's goodbye message. I have new respect for Ian and Boogie is a class act.
I did see it. Compliments to Ian. While Boogie might seem like a class act he had little choice under the circumstances. But if you had seen his diatribe last night on BB After Dark in which hateful vitriol oozed out of him like pus from a boil you would know what his true feelings are for Ian now. I regard Boogie as a ridiculous and disgusting character.

Now his counterpart, Frank, is beginning to fester. Neither him nor Boogie are able to realize or accept the reason why the tide has turned against them. Neither of them is nearly as smart as they think they are and their true personalities have alienated everyone in the House except Ashley -- who is an airhead.

If Frank doesn't win every contest from now on his days are numbered. No one has any reason to align with him or defend him.

Frank is now aligned with Shane who said he would not put Frank up until F3. They both agreed to put up Dan and Danielle and if Dan somehow gets saved, Danielle goes to the jury house.

Britney is now also aligned with Frank. At the moment it looks like them for the F3 except for the Ian factor. Can't wait to see what he does next.

Boogie is an ass but he didn't have to laugh it off, he could have been his old beligerant self, Julie expects that and she kept staring at him to see his reaction. Julie didn't smile until he did.

I told you those things are happening because I don't consider them really big spoilers. I am still rooting for Ian and hoping he gets in the middle of these three trying to run the house and mixes it up.

Sounds like the Quack Pack might be putting on a brilliant act for Frank and might still be together as of the wee small hours of this morning.

Of course the members are weighing their options and getting reconciled to the possibility of big changes and going forward after that, and even wondering if it's best to let Dan go now. But they were looking for a time to chat all night and I gather they finally got it.

Also sounds like production is trying to get Ian to flip and work with Frank, to help Frank stick around and create more drama for ratings, I guess. Frank needs someone perceptive on his side if he's going to be able to stay. He's not very good at reading the house.

Here's something kind of usmbish. Dan told Danielle last night that she looks like Bristol Palin and she was upset because she thought he was saying she is fat.

:lol:

Here's something kind of usmbish. Dan told Danielle last night that she looks like Bristol Palin and she was upset because she thought he was saying she is fat.

:lol:
I didn't see that but I can understand it. Danielle is very typical of endomorphic girls who grow up chubby and are tormented by their thickness and inability to become slim. I wouldn't be surprised if she is secretly resentful of Britney but I was surprised by her demonstration of affectionate friendship toward that tattooed sideshow freak, Jen.

Frank is now aligned with Shane who said he would not put Frank up until F3. They both agreed to put up Dan and Danielle and if Dan somehow gets saved, Danielle goes to the jury house.

Britney is now also aligned with Frank. At the moment it looks like them for the F3 except for the Ian factor. Can't wait to see what he does next.
I didn't see that development but it is disappointing.

I wouldn't last two weeks in that game because I am incapable of the kind of strategic deceit it takes to survive. I have an instinctual dislike for certain types of people and Frank is high on the list. He reeks with serpentine deceit and appears to be a Ted Bundy type of sociopath.

Boogie is an ass but he didn't have to laugh it off, he could have been his old beligerant self, Julie expects that and she kept staring at him to see his reaction. Julie didn't smile until he did.
As I mentioned to you previously, if you had seen Boogie's free association episode with Frank on BB After Dark right after he and Frank were nominated for eviction I'm sure you would have a different opinion of him. As I said, the hatred and resentful vitriol oozed out of him lke pus from a boil. It was like an exorcism in which his demon was revealed.

Don't be deceived by his apparent good-natured acceptance of Ian's cleverly flattering explanation for the deception. Boogie, like Frank, is exceptionally skilled at instinctual duplicity. They have much in common, which accounts for their mutual attraction. People like Boogie are highly skilled at concealing their emotional responses. They learn it early on and it develops as a reflexively defensive survival mechanism. It is a typical characteristic in many successful individuals -- especially within the corporate environment where treachery and betrayal are commonplace. They can smilingly embrace you while planning to destroy you.

The appeal of this Big Brother show is rooted in the fact that it's a bona fide psych lab. It is in actual fact an elaborate observation tank.

I think it would be awesome for the QP to stick together. Some are annoying to me (*cough Danielle cough*), but they're really an effective mix of skills - analytical, competitive and social. An alliance for the BB history books.

But I think that someone recently alerted Frank to the possibility that the QP is still pulling his strings. He seems aware of that now and I don't think he could have figured it out on his own. Was it Jenn? Or was it production? I just don't think he could have figured that out on his own. It would have required realizing that there were multiple people in the house who were capable of playing a better game than he thinks he is playing.

I think it would be awesome for the QP to stick together. Some are annoying to me (*cough Danielle cough*), but they're really an effective mix of skills - analytical, competitive and social. An alliance for the BB history books.

But I think that someone recently alerted Frank to the possibility that the QP is still pulling his strings. He seems aware of that now and I don't think he could have figured it out on his own. Was it Jenn? Or was it production? I just don't think he could have figured that out on his own. It would have required realizing that there were multiple people in the house who were capable of playing a better game than he thinks he is playing.
I can't comment on that because I'm not subscribed for full-time observation. I watch the Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday broadcasts and the 12AM to 3AM After Dark segments, so I wouldn't have time for any more.

But what you've said is interesting. I wasn't aware that Britney and Shane had formed an amicable agreement with Frank but I do believe Frank is not likely to trust them. I believe Frank is a lot more devious and perceptive than you seem to think he is. And I would attribute that to his skill at projecting a benign impression of his real persona.

Frank presents himself to the world as a lovably benign character in some Mark Twain tapestry -- an eleven year-old barefoot country boy with a fishin' rod an' jes the sweetest disposition, y'all. The tip-off is that hairdo with the ball cap, which simply is inappropriate for a grown man in his twenties. If Frank were stupid it would account for that anomaly. But Frank is far from stupid.

I would suggest that you watch him more closely.

He's not stupid. However, he is vain.

Vanity is my working theory for both the hair and for how slow he seems to be figure out that Ian was the mastermind of Boogie's departure and not just an awkward kid the other side pressured into doing something he'd regret. In Frank's world, Frank is the best BB player ever . . . . AND his hair looks good. :rolleyes:

Oh I'm watching. If he pulls this out, he almost deserves the win. He'll have an asterisk since BB pulled him off the block when he should have been out the door. But he sure is a fighter.

Last edited:
He's not stupid. However, he is vain.

Vanity is my working theory for both the hair and for how slow he seems to be figure out that Ian was the mastermind of Boogie's departure and not just an awkward kid the other side pressured into doing something he'd regret. In Frank's world, Frank is the best BB player ever . . . . AND his hair looks good. :rolleyes:
Okay. I won't discount the possibility because I sometimes tend to be overly analytical (which comes from living with and raising children with a clinical psychologist). So I'll train a more objective eye on Frank and see what comes of that.

I meant to ask you earlier what it is you find annoying about Danielle. I'm asking because, aside from the tormented chubby-girl syndrome I really don't know what to make of her. There are things I like about her and I tend to believe she is not innately treacherous and deceitful.

Britney is my favorite player. I've only watched one other BB season, the one in which Britney was duct-taped to a wall and sprayed with water in a competition -- an unforgettable and endearingly funny sight.

Britney is the personification of the nymphet defined by Nabokov in his 1950s classic, Lolita. She is the one-in-a-hundred-million child woman who, even though I've helped raised three girls of my own, makes me strongly envy her father. What a treasure she is. Even in her thirties she'll be able to wrap men around her finger as easily as any little girl. And one of her charms is how well she knows it.

Although I'm sure Danielle would sell her soul to the devil to be as petite and baby-girl-like as Britney I haven't seen any indications of resentment for Britney on Danielle's part. While Danielle lately has taken to picking Britney up and carrying her around like a child I haven't assigned any disaffection to it. Britney does inspire that impulse at times.

Danielle's insecurities seem especially profound. She cries a lot. She can turn almost anything into being about her. It seems especially easy for the opposition to make her doubt herself.

Shane zeroed in on that on one occasion. Danielle was shut out of two conversations in the HOH, and Boogie used that to try to make her think she wasn't part of the group claiming to be her alliance. She cried to Shane about it. He reassured her. But she kept saying, "But Boogie said ...." And then at one point, Shane came back with, "But you believed it."

But she's grown on me some, probably as she's grown more secure in her group. She's shown some good game moments. I remind myself she's only 23. Even silly 23-year-old girls can grow up to be mature women.

She's okay.

Danielle's insecurities seem especially profound. She cries a lot. She can turn almost anything into being about her. It seems especially easy for the opposition to make her doubt herself.

Shane zeroed in on that on one occasion. Danielle was shut out of two conversations in the HOH, and Boogie used that to try to make her think she wasn't part of the group claiming to be her alliance. She cried to Shane about it. He reassured her. But she kept saying, "But Boogie said ...." And then at one point, Shane came back with, "But you believed it."

But she's grown on me some, probably as she's grown more secure in her group. She's shown some good game moments. I remind myself she's only 23. Even silly 23-year-old girls can grow up to be mature women.

She's okay.

:) The other day, she was crying and glancing in the mirror to see how she looked crying. She asked people how she looked when she fell during a comp. She puts on her make up for at least 20 minutes. She definately has issues.

Forum List

Back