Big Brother Fines Utah HS for selling soda

Why are you all still posting? :lol:

I won this thread back in this post:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...s-utah-hs-for-selling-soda-3.html#post5316844

How is that a win for you? We're not debating the competency of that school's administration. We're debating the need for the federal government to exert control of public schools.

I'm sure there was also a fringe element during WWII who thought the government didn't have the right to ration. History tells people like that to fuck off.

I'm sure there was a fringe; and they might have a legal case and I'd be fine with them pursuing it b/c that's what America is about. We are a land of laws and freedoms and we shouldn't have to mindlessly accept a central authority telling us what's best for us.

Also, I think you're being moronic to stretch your arguments from a wartime situation to any situation that is not even related to a war. So given that, I'm pretty sure you know what you can do with your fuck off.

The Obama administration has NO RIGHT to enforce the law. Sorry but where in the Constitution does the President get to enforce the law? If Davis High School wants to take federal dollars from the taxpayers in the form of the national student lunch program, the federal government has no right to put conditions on the acceptance of that assistance. If Davis High wants to use their federal dollars to serve gummy bears and ice cream for lunch that's THEIR business, what business does the federal goverment have telling Davis high what to spend their federal dollars on? Don't they understand that personal responsibility means that big government isn't allowed to tell people what to spend the checks they get from big government on?

Keep government OUT of the National School Lunch Program!!!!

Last edited:
How is that a win for you? We're not debating the competency of that school's administration. We're debating the need for the federal government to exert control of public schools.

I'm sure there was also a fringe element during WWII who thought the government didn't have the right to ration. History tells people like that to fuck off.

I'm sure there was a fringe; and they might have a legal case and I'd be fine with them pursuing it b/c that's what America is about. We are a land of laws and freedoms and we shouldn't have to mindlessly accept a central authority telling us what's best for us.

Also, I think you're being moronic to stretch your arguments from a wartime situation to any situation that is not even related to a war. So given that, I'm pretty sure you know what you can do with your fuck off.

Why? We learned from George W. Bush that war shouldn't need to encroach on our daily lives.

But we have some photo-ops lined up - stay tuned!

rolleyes.gif

The Obama administration has NO RIGHT to enforce the law. Sorry but where in the Constitution does the President get to enforce the law? If Davis High School wants to take federal dollars from the taxpayers in the form of the national student lunch program, the federal government has no right to put conditions on the acceptance of that assistance. If Davis High wants to use their federal dollars to serve gummy bears and ice cream for lunch that's THEIR business, what business does the federal goverment have telling Davis high what to spend their federal dollars on? Don't they understand that personal responsibility means that big government isn't allowed to tell people what to spend the checks they get from big government on?

Keep government OUT of the National School Lunch Program!!!!
Another fringer!!! :lol:

^^^

Those are some broad sweeping claims. Links?

The links are in my message(s) -- check 'em out!

Yea I stopped checking after I clicked the first link (stating that the Constitution guaranteed the nanny state) and all it was was a link to the entire Constitution. Go ahead and show me a specific clause in the Constitution that says that is so.

To funny, I make it easy by providing links and using the actual words from the COTUS but...

Republicans constantly claim to love freedom, but their actions say otherwise. Republicans claim to love equality, but their actions say otherwise. Republicans claim to know the Constitution of the United States
but----but can't seem comprehend the Preamble to the Constitution, let alone read -all-the-way- to Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution.

Here's the problem that this ruling is trying to address.. .

CDC - NPAO - Obesity Facts - Adolescent and School Health

Childhood obesity has more than tripled in the past 30 years.
The percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 20% in 2008. Similarly, the percentage of adolescents aged 12–19 years who were obese increased from 5% to 18% over the same period.
In 2008, more than one third of children and adolescents were overweight or obese.1,2
Overweight is defined as having excess body weight for a particular height from fat, muscle, bone, water, or a combination of these factors.3 Obesity is defined as having excess body fat.4
Overweight and obesity are the result of “caloric imbalance”—too few calories expended for the amount of calories consumed—and are affected by various genetic, behavioral, and environmental factors.5,6

But to the Gatsby's of the world, it's about the freedom of vending machine companies to sell unhealthy stuff to children.

Freedom, baby. Screw responsibility. That's for poor people.

if you are really against people wanted to make their own decisions there are some countries out there that will make u happy? Why do people hate americans who want freedom from the government and yet stay in this country to argue with them.

If you really want to be in a country where they feel superior to u and tell u how to live, go to them u'll be happier.

Here's the problem that this ruling is trying to address.. .

CDC - NPAO - Obesity Facts - Adolescent and School Health

Childhood obesity has more than tripled in the past 30 years.
The percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 20% in 2008. Similarly, the percentage of adolescents aged 12–19 years who were obese increased from 5% to 18% over the same period.
In 2008, more than one third of children and adolescents were overweight or obese.1,2
Overweight is defined as having excess body weight for a particular height from fat, muscle, bone, water, or a combination of these factors.3 Obesity is defined as having excess body fat.4
Overweight and obesity are the result of “caloric imbalance”—too few calories expended for the amount of calories consumed—and are affected by various genetic, behavioral, and environmental factors.5,6

But to the Gatsby's of the world, it's about the freedom of vending machine companies to sell unhealthy stuff to children.

Freedom, baby. Screw responsibility. That's for poor people.

if you are really against people wanted to make their own decisions there are some countries out there that will make u happy? Why do people hate americans who want freedom from the government and yet stay in this country to argue with them.

If you really want to be in a country where they feel superior to u and tell u how to live, go to them u'll be happier.

Some of what the Founding Fathers said, wrote and signed off on are subject to interpretation by the SCOTUS and we the people but----but on promoting the general welfare, the Founding Fathers could not have been clearer. By using the term "Promote the General Welfare" in the preamble, then again in Article One of the COTUS, the Founding Fathers are giving the term "Promote the General Welfare" top priority.

If promoting the general welfare is the goal, I wouldn't ask a fellow American to leave the country because we disagree on how to go about promoting the general welfare, but you OTOH may want to consider how you can live up to your Founding Father's expectations of how to make America exceptional. What is it about E PLURIBUS UNUM that you don't understand?

Oh my, the kids are selling lemonade and drinking soda! Send in the drones, and draw up those NDAA warrants. Big Brother is such a mess. Why do so many feel they need to worship him? It's so perplexing.

Last edited:

Why? We learned from George W. Bush that war shouldn't need to encroach on our daily lives.

rolleyes.gif

So you're going to be a coward and hide behind Bush (a guy you detest). Pretty f'ing pathetic. The reality is that you are in favor of robbing people of liberties. That's not going to change whether you hide behind Bush or not.

rolleyes.gif

So you're going to be a coward and hide behind Bush (a guy you detest). Pretty f'ing pathetic. The reality is that you are in favor of robbing people of liberties. That's not going to change whether you hide behind Bush or not.

Keep Government OUT of the National School Lunch Program!

Forum List

Back