Big Brother 19

Totally boring this year. Not even bothering to watch the bootleg free feeds.
Was that show -- and others like it...Real World, the "Housewives," and Big Love comes to mind... -- ever interesting after the first season? (Was/is (?) The Apprentice show of the same ilk?)

I mean really. How many people never had dorm-/house-/roommates -- boarding school, summer camp, college, young adulthood, etc. -- and thus never lived the dynamic that results from such a living situation?

That said, so-called "reality TV" just doesn't "do it" for me. I've never really understood what be entertaining about watching other people variously enjoy and endure the same sh*t one and one's associates do. That people willfully produce a show and other join its cast and proceed to deceive and conspire amongst and against one another is disconcerting enough. That millions find watching them do so appealing is even more troublesome. I just don't see any redeeming value in that sort of behavior, either one -- the doing or the watching. There may be some, but I'll be damned if I know what the hell it be.

Was that show -- and others like it...Real World, the "Housewives," and Big Love comes to mind... -- ever interesting after the first season? (Was/is (?) The Apprentice show of the same ilk?)

I mean really. How many people never had dorm-/house-/roommates -- boarding school, summer camp, college, young adulthood, etc. -- and thus never lived the dynamic that results from such a living situation?

That said, so-called "reality TV" just doesn't "do it" for me. I've never really understood what be entertaining about watching other people variously enjoy and endure the same sh*t one and one's associates do. That people willfully produce a show and other join its cast and proceed to deceive and conspire amongst and against one another is disconcerting enough. That millions find watching them do so appealing is even more troublesome. I just don't see any redeeming value in that sort of behavior, either one -- the doing or the watching. There may be some, but I'll be damned if I know what the hell it be.

Yes people like those shows and you can research it right here. Every year there has been a big brother thread.

I like Southern Charm and some Real Housewives. :tongue: I'm just bored with this years bb cast.

Yes people like those shows and you can research it right here. Every year there has been a big brother thread.

I like Southern Charm and some Real Housewives. :tongue: I'm just bored with this years bb cast.
BB gets renewed each year, so, of course, I accept that people like the BB show. I just don't see why.

My kids have traveled overseas and apparently seen various versions of the show, and declared them all "better" than the U.S. version. That assessment was based largely on the non-U.S. shows' predilection for keeping literally nothing under wrap, which, frankly, if one is going to do a reality show about a bunch of young and reasonably attractive folks living together in a house they can't leave, makes sense.

One'd expect that a whole lot of what went on in one's fraternity house, first apartment(s) and dorms would be going on, and one'd expect people would be shown doing those things. I'm trying to recall whether anyone in my fraternity wasn't "intruded upon" amidst some "sordid" act they undertook when they thought nobody would discover them (or when they just didn't give a damn if someone did.). I don't think anyone escaped detection on at least one occasion; I know I didn't.

Forum List

Back