Big Bird Wants Out

528628_508164779203467_1722409871_n.jpg

Do you know what 16 trillion means (soon to be 17 trillion)? How about we cut every program across the board by the amount of PBS funding - just for starts.

I am fairly convinced that a clown show has hijacked the Obama campaign in the past two weeks. Time for people to wake up or lose spectacularly.

On that note, if Obama doesn't give a shit enough to come out swinging in the next debate, then I don't either.

I MAY give enough of a shit to show up to the poll and pull the lever for him. But not much more than that.

When I first saw the ad, I thought it was a Colbert skit.:lol:

Debtucation.jpg

$420 million a year will not break the US, that represents .0001% of the annual budget.. Does that mean the $ 3-4 billion we give Big Oil will break the US too? Talk about drama queens!

^ This type of attitude is the difference between being financially sound and living paycheck to paycheck. Understand, we are BORROWING 40% of the money we spend. We need to cut ALL non essentials until we get our fiscal house in order.

Very desperate times for Obamabots. Using ole Big Bird to win an Election? Yikes! Even Sesame Street has told them to STFU and quit exploiting them. A new low has definitely been reached. The Dear Leader is in big trouble.

I am fairly convinced that a clown show has hijacked the Obama campaign in the past two weeks. Time for people to wake up or lose spectacularly.

On that note, if Obama doesn't give a shit enough to come out swinging in the next debate, then I don't either.

I MAY give enough of a shit to show up to the poll and pull the lever for him. But not much more than that.

Why did rats jumping from a sinking ship come to mind when I read your post?

I wouldn't get too cavalier if I were you.

You are still stuck with Mitt Romney who has now decided hope wants to be a moderate and has turned his back on conservatism.

That's right. The biggest rat jumped off the lamest ship leaving you and your ilk stuck.

Have you ever done anything more than that?

Yes.

The programming for PBS is mostly worthless. It wouldn't be missed. It's money down a hold. All PBS hangs their mink coat on is Sesame Street.

Sesame Street Workshop which runs the Sesame Street PBS show made 211 million dollars on its own. The CEO of Sesame Street Workship made $956,513 in 2008. The CEO's salary was at least in part subsidized by the taxpayer funding Sesame Street gets. If Gary Knell worked for Goldman-Sachs should his salary be publicly funded? If 211 million dollars a year isn't enough to pay his close to a million annual salary, he should take a pay cut.

^Not lookin' good kids... :thup:

:)

peace...

The Democrats need to not panic...

The Big BIrd thing was funny.... and in a week, all people will remember about the first debate was that Romney wanted to kill Big Bird.

I am not panicking. I am pissed that the Obama campaign had Romney on the ropes and didn't go in for the kill.

When I first saw the ad, I thought it was a Colbert skit.:lol:

Debtucation.jpg

$420 million a year will not break the US, that represents .0001% of the annual budget.. Does that mean the $ 3-4 billion we give Big Oil will break the US too? Talk about drama queens!

420 million here, 420 million there, and pretty soon, you're talking about real money!
Do you have an extra 420 mill gathering dust? We DON'T

Ha Ha! Big Bird just told the Dear Leader to go bleep himself. He don't want no part of that sinking ship.

The next debate is a town hall debate, if Obama come out swinging he will lose.

The amazing thing here is that, despite the fact that you claim to be an intelligent person, and despite the fact that you see that Obama has nothing to offer, you are going to vote for him regardless.

The best I've heard so far was by some guy named Cohn who claimed Romney's not qualified because he.. and I am not kidding... "should be worth more than $250,000,000 if he were really that good at what he does."

Kind of ruins the worn out old rightwing talking point that PBS is just a tool of the left, doesn't it?

You do know that Sesame Workshop and PBS are not the same thing, don't you?

Maybe you don't, maybe your problem is you are so ignorant you don't understand the difference.

Ouch!!! I guess Big Bird understands that he makes his money off people of all political stripes and doesn't want to be labeled a Democrat. :lol:

Angry birds on Sesame Street want Obama to take down PBS ad
Published October 09, 2012
FoxNews.com

Big Bird will not be anyone's political puppet.
Sesame Workshop has asked the Obama campaign to take down a new TV ad that prominently features the famous talking bird, in a satirical spot mocking Mitt Romney for calling for an end to PBS subsidies.
"Sesame Workshop is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization and we do not endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns. We have approved no campaign ads, and as is our general practice, have requested that the ad be taken down," Sesame Workshop said in a statement.
An Obama campaign official said it has received the request and "will review their concerns."

Read more: Angry birds on Sesame Street want Obama to take down PBS ad | Fox News

Says who, Fox? Pppppfffffttt.

Says NBC.

Sesame Workshop Calls on Obama Team to Pull Big Bird Ad | NBC Chicago

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Is Obama going to run on any of his record or ideas? Or is he just going to keep pushing lame nonsense like this?

I personally could care less regarding which one of them is in the white house. With the exception that since Obama had 4 years to keep his promises, and he failed. He should be fired and replaced. If Romney wins, and he too fails. FIRED!

Well he'll never match Romney on 'ideas'. Romney has 2 or 3 or 4 different ones on every issue.

And Obama has none.

Ouch!!! I guess Big Bird understands that he makes his money off people of all political stripes and doesn't want to be labeled a Democrat. :lol:

Angry birds on Sesame Street want Obama to take down PBS ad
Published October 09, 2012
FoxNews.com

Big Bird will not be anyone's political puppet.
Sesame Workshop has asked the Obama campaign to take down a new TV ad that prominently features the famous talking bird, in a satirical spot mocking Mitt Romney for calling for an end to PBS subsidies.
"Sesame Workshop is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization and we do not endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns. We have approved no campaign ads, and as is our general practice, have requested that the ad be taken down," Sesame Workshop said in a statement.
An Obama campaign official said it has received the request and "will review their concerns."

Read more: Angry birds on Sesame Street want Obama to take down PBS ad | Fox News

So much for the Republican theory that public broadcasting is all a liberal run conspiracy.

So much for the theory that you have a brain.

Tell me something, given that Sesame Workshop and Public Broadcasting System are two separate corporate entities how does anything one of them does reflect even marginally on the other?

Forum List

Back