Big Beef.....Beefs Raw Edges

Big Agra is the problem and it says so in the story.

The solution is supporting the smaller, local beef farmers (as I do) who's cows are FAR MORE CLEANER than cows who were fed corn and raised in giant feed lots.

How is it "big beef's" problem if people deliberately choose to eat under-cooked meat?

Don't want to get sick? When the waiter asks how you want it cooked, don't answer, "Cut off it's horns and drag it's ass across the grill." If it can bleed, it can breed pathogens.

How is it "big beef's" problem if people deliberately choose to eat under-cooked meat?

Don't want to get sick? When the waiter asks how you want it cooked, don't answer, "Cut off it's horns and drag it's ass across the grill." If it can bleed, it can breed pathogens.
Re-read the article.
Lamkin said her steak came from National Steak Processors Inc., which claimed it got the contaminated meat from a U.S. plant run by Brazilian-based JBS – the biggest beef packer in the world.
That's called: Big Agra.
There's more:
An estimate by the Center for Science in the Public Interest, an advocacy group, suggests that mechanically tenderized beef could have been the source of as many as 100 outbreaks of E. coli and other illnesses in the United States in recent years.
The suggest it because they have no proof. E-Coli outbreaks come from Giant Feed Lots. You remember the stories of millions of pounds of ground beef that had to be destroyed because of e-coli?

I Guarantee you it didn't come from a a local Farmer simply because he can't farm millions of pounds of beef all at once!

You've heard of the Military Industrial Complex, well now we have the Agricultural Industrial Complex too and it's just as dangerous!

Here's a good documentary to watch about Big Agra:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z9DadeSsGw"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I source my beef from local farmers. You couldn't pay me to buy my beef or poultry from a supermarket.

Re-read the article.
Lamkin said her steak came from National Steak Processors Inc., which claimed it got the contaminated meat from a U.S. plant run by Brazilian-based JBS – the biggest beef packer in the world.
There's more:
An estimate by the Center for Science in the Public Interest, an advocacy group, suggests that mechanically tenderized beef could have been the source of as many as 100 outbreaks of E. coli and other illnesses in the United States in recent years.
The suggest it because they have no proof. E-Coli outbreaks come from Giant Feed Lots. You remember the stories of millions of pounds of ground beef that had to be destroyed because of e-coli?

I Guarantee you it didn't come from a a local Farmer simply because he can't farm millions of pounds of beef all at once!

You've heard of the Military Industrial Complex, well now we have the Agricultural Industrial Complex too and it's just as dangerous!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z9DadeSsGw]Food, Inc. movie trailer [HD] Official Full Length - YouTube[/ame]

I hate to disillusion you but, yes, your locally produced meat contains pathogens too. It can't be avoided.

In the end, it STILL boils down to cooking your meat.

I hate to disillusion you but, yes, your locally produced meat contains pathogens too. It can't be avoided.

I never said was perfectly clean. What I'm saying is that it's more likely that you'll get a food borne illness from a Big Agra product than a local producer.

I can't name ONE outbreak from local producers recently and if there ever would be the problem would be limited to a smaller number of cows and the Nations food supply wouldn't be interrupted.

I never said was perfectly clean. What I'm saying is that it's more likely that you'll get a food borne illness from a Big Agra product than a local producer.

I can't name ONE outbreak from local producers recently and if there ever would be the problem would be limited to a smaller number of cows and the Nations food supply wouldn't be interrupted.

You are forgetting the one benefit of large food producers, and that is scale, which allows for lower prices. The sheer scale of large agricultural firms and the amount of food they produce leads to outbreaks just to the volume of meat and other products put out.

If you take the total pounds produced, and match that to the pounds that end up causing the outbreaks, the ratio is tiny. Anything more would lead to those organizations going out of business.

I have no issue with people who are willing to pay the extra for local and organic grown produce. but the large producers are the ones that allow the rest of the people to purchase food so cheaply.

Re-read the article.
There's more:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvZU5RN8cZ4]Food INC (1/7) [Subtitulada] - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z9DadeSsGw"][/ame]

It came from Hudsons Foods, located in Rogers, Ar. The event cause poor Mr. Hudson to sell out to Tyson's, which led the nation in Mad Cow Disease, which comes from feeding your cattle other cattle.Tyson's is located 10 miles away from Roger's Ar. There are many more Agri-corps farming operations, Carghill is big around here, Simmons Foods, Peterson's Foods, Con-Agra. Just to name a few.

Big Agra is the problem and it says so in the story.

The solution is supporting the smaller, local beef farmers (as I do) who's cows are FAR MORE CLEANER than cows who were fed corn and raised in giant feed lots.

It's not really how they're fed and housed, but in how they're processed. A steak that hasn't been tenderized should be safe no matter where it grew up.

Forum List

Back