Big appetite leads to death, power outage, national symbol charred like burnt biscuit

Roopull

Jan 25, 2007
Near Atlanta
With a thread title like THAT, I just knew you couldn't resist...

Once when I was a kid, I saved up enough money to buy a box of swiss cake rolls & a six pack of RC cola. We weren't too wealthy, so this opportunity to binge was rare indeed. So, I sat behind the house while no one was looking & ate the whole box & drank as much of the RC as I could, knowing that if my siblings ever found the goods, they'd steal them.

Obviously, I didn't die from the misadventure, otherwise I couldn't be writing this (intuitive, ain't I?) I also didn't cause a power outage... NOR did I burn a national symbol. I did hurl all over the place, though.

This here eagle attempted his version of binging, but I'd say he'd have done well to avoid the buffet.

Eagle Lugging a Deer Head Causes Outage
Eagle Lugging a Deer Head Crashes Into Transmission Lines, Causing Power Outage in Alaska

JUNEAU, Alaska Jan 29, 2007 (AP)— About 10,000 Juneau residents briefly lost power after a bald eagle lugging a deer head crashed into transmission lines.

"You have to live in Alaska to have this kind of outage scenario," said Gayle Wood, an Alaska Electric Light & Power spokeswoman. "This is the story of the overly ambitious eagle who evidently found a deer head in the landfill."

The bird, weighed down by the deer head, apparently failed to clear the transmission lines, she said. A repair crew found the eagle dead, the deer head nearby.

The power was out for less than 45 minutes Sunday.

With a thread title like THAT, I just knew you couldn't resist...

Once when I was a kid, I saved up enough money to buy a box of swiss cake rolls & a six pack of RC cola. We weren't too wealthy, so this opportunity to binge was rare indeed. So, I sat behind the house while no one was looking & ate the whole box & drank as much of the RC as I could, knowing that if my siblings ever found the goods, they'd steal them.

Obviously, I didn't die from the misadventure, otherwise I couldn't be writing this (intuitive, ain't I?) I also didn't cause a power outage... NOR did I burn a national symbol. I did hurl all over the place, though.

This here eagle attempted his version of binging, but I'd say he'd have done well to avoid the buffet.

Roopull:

Hi guy! I've been haunting this forum for awhile.

Hope to see you more.:cool:

Yeah, I thought I'd hang around & torture folks with my lack of wit while Carnuts is suffering from the transplant... think I'll stick around a while.:cool:

Yeah, I thought I'd hang around & torture folks with my lack of wit while Carnuts is suffering from the transplant... think I'll stick around a while.:cool:

Don't stick around for just a little while. You're a great fit here.:clap2: There are many you'd find very interesting to dialogue with here, and also debate with too.:eusa_wall:

Don't stick around for just a little while. You're a great fit here.:clap2: There are many you'd find very interesting to dialogue with here, and also debate with too.:eusa_wall:

I'll second that. Roo has been a nice addition. :cool:

Forum List

Back