Big ACORN shocker...

I said... ACORN's employees for crying out loud. AND ONCE AGAIN, I NEVER SAID ACORN WAS CONVICTED OF ANYTHING AT ALL. I am beginning to think you are deliberately changing my words.

Also, I don't believe anyone was convicted of defrauding ACORN. They were convicted of defrauding the American voting system by using fraudulent registrations. Edit: That means they were convicted of defrauding the American people, not ACORN. By the way, why do you feel this kind of fraud is less offensive than "voter fraud"?

Immie
They didn't actually defraud the American people. The turned in false voters registrations...they defrauded ACORN.

Okay, I can see what you are saying. Since they took money for false registrations they were defrauding ACORN and ACORN was not at fault for this. I can see that and it makes sense.

Note: I saw your reply to this TM and acknowledge this point.

That still doesn't change the fact that the independent investigator's opinion in this case is not sufficient to prove ACORN's side of the story.

Immie
No, but I think it will if it goes to court. Those tapes are obviously edited to slant the truth. And in reality, the employees in the tapes broke no laws...in fact most of them tried to help the pimp and the whore figure out how to pay their taxes. :lol:

I said... ACORN's employees for crying out loud. AND ONCE AGAIN, I NEVER SAID ACORN WAS CONVICTED OF ANYTHING AT ALL. I am beginning to think you are deliberately changing my words.

Also, I don't believe anyone was convicted of defrauding ACORN. They were convicted of defrauding the American voting system by using fraudulent registrations. Edit: That means they were convicted of defrauding the American people, not ACORN. By the way, why do you feel this kind of fraud is less offensive than "voter fraud"?

Immie
They didn't actually defraud the American people. The turned in false voters registrations...they defrauded ACORN.

Acorn turned most of these people in themselves.

You say they turned them in.

Since you left out that such was doen AFTER Acorn was accused of the actions, most would say it a different way...

"They threw them under the bus."

To me it looks like you had the name of one guy with a loose connection to the adminstration, tried to sluff it off as the administration being "surrounded by convicted felons" and got your bluff called.

That's what it looks like to you - fine. I have no problem with people remaining ignorant of their government.... with some people, like Ravi, I am not at all surprised. With someone like you, Art, I am.

So where's your list then?

Vague and airy statements don't cut it, CG.

Honestly, I think you just have a bad habit of making silly statements like the administration is "surrounded by convicted felons" with nothing to back up such a bold assertion.

Actually she's pretty correct. The architect of what David Axelrod calls "The Blueprint For Success" is a convicted felon. Bank Fraud was the charge.

One of the founders of the Weather Underground is a senior advisor to Obama.

A tax cheat runs the IRS under Obama.

Hedgfunders and rip-off artists have taken over AIG, the Fed, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac under Obama.

And the founder and current CEO of ACORN and SEIU visits the Oval Office on a regular basis.

I would say CG was at least partially correct.

Forum List

Back