Bidenwatch: He might make a decision this week … maybe

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
sheesh, G-d help us all. He can't even make up his mind if he wants to run. He'll be for sure quick on his feet protecting us from an enemy. :spinner:

snip:

posted at 10:01 am on October 5, 2015 by Ed Morrissey

At what point does indecision about whether to be a leader of his party, if not his nation, become self-parody? CBS News reports this morning that this will be the week that the man who can’t decide whether to run for the Democratic nomination for leader of the free world will finally make up his mind. Or it might be next week. Who knows?

Vice President Joe Biden is nearing a decision on whether to run for president, and it could come as early as within the next seven to 10 days, according to three people familiar with his deliberations. …

Even if Biden decides to seek the Democratic nomination before the party’s first debate on Oct. 13, he likely would not participate, sources told CBS News.

They said he’d need time – perhaps a couple of weeks – to put together the foundations of a campaign and raise money looking ahead to several ballot deadlines. States like New Hampshire, Texas and Florida have deadlines beginning in November.

If it’s not this week or next week, it’ll be the week after that. Maybe:

One source said that by the second half of October, Biden will have definitely made up his mind.

Well, no rush, or anything. It’s easy to lose this point in the Byzantine strategies of launching presidential bids, but let’s not forget that one of the qualities needed in this position is decisiveness. A President faces a lot tougher decisions than whether to challenge Hillary Clinton directly for the Democratic nomination rather than wait for her to pull out. Biden has dragged this out longer than a feud on Survivor.

Not only that, but let’s assume Biden does jump in and manages to displace Hillary in the primaries, which seems unlikely but perhaps not impossible. Biden has done nothing to organize his campaign, to hire key staff for winning primaries, and get donors on board for a general election run. That last point is actually the least of the worries Biden has (if he wins the nomination, he’ll get the donors), but organizing is paramount for 2016. It took Barack Obama months to build an organization that could compete against the Clintons, a point people seem to forget. Hillary started out with a big institutional advantage in 2007, and Obama didn’t begin challenging it until the fall. It wasn’t until December 2007 that he overtook Hillary, thanks to the impact of a long effort to beat her on the ground. That laid the groundwork for his general election campaign.

all of it here:

What do you care, Stephanie?

He's not in your party.

So, uhm, why do you care?

Well, other than to be a disgusting ****....

I suppose you missed the moment where his son died of a brain tumor and he and his family have been in mourning, right?

As AC/DC put it...

Lock up your daughter
Lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life..

Since Uncle Joe is a known commodity, it is not critical that he have an army of supporters in every state, or that he spend a mountain on television advertising.

The only thing his candidacy would do is split the Anyone-but-Clinton vote, which is now united behind Bernie Sanders.

Democrats should be embarrassed that he is even being considered a viable candidate. He is a superannuated, washed-up, discredited, political hack. Kind of like HRC, when you think about it.

As AC/DC put it...

Lock up your daughter
Lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life..

No kidding. he's the touchy feely old grandpa.....we all know one I'm sure.

He gives me the creeps. I wouldn't let my daughters around him, IF I had any.

As AC/DC put it...

Lock up your daughter
Lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life..

No kidding. he's the touchy feely old grandpa.....we all know one I'm sure.

He gives me the creeps. I wouldn't let my daughters around him, IF I had any.

biden_template-1.gif
OgI7Qoq.gif

He's not in your party.

I suppose you missed the moment where his son died of a brain tumor and he and his family have been in mourning, right?

So I won't look for you posting or starting any Republican candidate threads.

They're not in your party, Right?

Prediction:

If Biden runs, it only helps Sanders. Biden might get a little of the Sanders supporters, but he'll take a much bigger bite from Hillary, both in the polls and monetary support.

Did you read the FT report on populists? I found this portion the most interesting:

The most serious US campaign development in the past three months is Mr Sanders’ ability to match Mrs Clinton’s financial war chest. In the past three months he collected $26m, $2m less than Mrs Clinton.

Any hopes she had of knocking him out of the race by out-spending him have been dashed. Most interestingly, Mr Sanders raised his cash from hundreds of thousands of small donors giving an average of about $25 apiece. His campaign claims he has received more than 1m individual donations.

He held seven fundraisers in the third quarter. Mrs Clinton had to show up at 66 separate events. A huge chunk of her time was spent seeking maximum legal donations from wealthy people. Mr Sanders spent next to no time raising money from ordinary people over the internet. We should not be surprised.

Mr Sanders is running a populist campaign in which he rails against the capture of US politics by billionaires. Mrs Clinton is sounding all the right notes about the struggling US middle class. But she cannot afford to be too rude about Wall Street while she is passing round the hat.

He's not in your party.

lol, he's the number one troll looking for some atta boys.

He's not in your party.

Freedom of speech, bubba.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Senile old fart... Who wants their perverted old uncle to be president??

Oh, wait we elected him as vice and earlier a rapist child molester as president(slick willy).

Who wants that blind old hagg Hillary pres??

sheesh, G-d help us all. He can't even make up his mind if he wants to run. He'll be for sure quick on his feet protecting us from an enemy. :spinner:

snip:

At what point does indecision about whether to be a leader of his party, if not his nation, become self-parody? CBS News reports this morning that this will be the week that the man who can’t decide whether to run for the Democratic nomination for leader of the free world will finally make up his mind. Or it might be next week. Who knows?

Vice President Joe Biden is nearing a decision on whether to run for president, and it could come as early as within the next seven to 10 days, according to three people familiar with his deliberations. …

Even if Biden decides to seek the Democratic nomination before the party’s first debate on Oct. 13, he likely would not participate, sources told CBS News.

They said he’d need time – perhaps a couple of weeks – to put together the foundations of a campaign and raise money looking ahead to several ballot deadlines. States like New Hampshire, Texas and Florida have deadlines beginning in November.

One source said that by the second half of October, Biden will have definitely made up his mind.

Well, no rush, or anything. It’s easy to lose this point in the Byzantine strategies of launching presidential bids, but let’s not forget that one of the qualities needed in this position is decisiveness. A President faces a lot tougher decisions than whether to challenge Hillary Clinton directly for the Democratic nomination rather than wait for her to pull out. Biden has dragged this out longer than a feud on Survivor.

Not only that, but let’s assume Biden does jump in and manages to displace Hillary in the primaries, which seems unlikely but perhaps not impossible. Biden has done nothing to organize his campaign, to hire key staff for winning primaries, and get donors on board for a general election run. That last point is actually the least of the worries Biden has (if he wins the nomination, he’ll get the donors), but organizing is paramount for 2016. It took Barack Obama months to build an organization that could compete against the Clintons, a point people seem to forget. Hillary started out with a big institutional advantage in 2007, and Obama didn’t begin challenging it until the fall. It wasn’t until December 2007 that he overtook Hillary, thanks to the impact of a long effort to beat her on the ground. That laid the groundwork for his general election campaign.

all of it here:

Is Biden even AWARE of what day it is much less what week it is?

Biden is unaware that Hillary leads by 35% and that's in her 2020 57 state landslide

He's not in your party.

snip:

all of it here:

Is Biden even AWARE of what day it is much less what week it is?

doubt it. good grief we are so screwed

Forum List

Back