Biden's Prediction A Reality

DamnYankee

No Neg Policy
Apr 2, 2009
October 20, 2008

ABC News’ Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

“Mark my words,” the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. “It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

“I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate,” Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. “And he’s gonna need help. And the kind of help he’s gonna need is, he’s gonna need you - not financially to help him - we’re gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it’s not gonna be apparent initially, it’s not gonna be apparent that we’re right.”
Biden: Obama Will Be Tested Immediately | Sweetness & Light

Being tested yet again

An Early Test for Obama's Engagement Policy
President Obama came into office saying he wanted to demonstrate that engagement with hostile nations is more effective than antagonism, but North Korea's nuclear test now leaves the young administration with critical choices about its response.
(By Glenn Kessler, The Washington Post)
washingtonpost.com

October 20, 2008:
ABC News’ Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.
What's there to stand by? He didn't do anything in response to the first missile launch other than a harshly worded speech.
What's he doing now that would inspire others to stand by him? Does anyone really think he's gonna' handle North Korea like he handled the Somali Muslim Pirates?

October 20, 2008

“Mark my words,” the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. “It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

“I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate,” Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. “And he’s gonna need help. And the kind of help he’s gonna need is, he’s gonna need you - not financially to help him - we’re gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it’s not gonna be apparent initially, it’s not gonna be apparent that we’re right.”

Being tested yet again

President Obama came into office saying he wanted to demonstrate that engagement with hostile nations is more effective than antagonism, but North Korea's nuclear test now leaves the young administration with critical choices about its response.
washingtonpost.com

A few other tests,
Venezuela sends uranium to Iran
Israeli report: Venezuela sends uranium to Iran - USATODAY.com

Iran is flexing its muscles, Sends 6 Warships to International Waters
Iran Sends 6 Warships to International Waters in 'Saber Rattling' Move - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Taliban have momentum in Afghanistan
Gates says Taliban have momentum in Afghanistan - CNN.com

October 20, 2008

Being tested yet again

washingtonpost.com

A few other tests,
Venezuela sends uranium to Iran
Israeli report: Venezuela sends uranium to Iran - USATODAY.com

Iran is flexing its muscles, Sends 6 Warships to International Waters
Iran Sends 6 Warships to International Waters in 'Saber Rattling' Move - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Taliban have momentum in Afghanistan
Gates says Taliban have momentum in Afghanistan - CNN.com

Thanks for reminding all of them that I said "again" :)

Biden was being gracious when he suggested there's be just one international crisis.

All the despots are coming out to play on the watch of the inexperienced, untested, indecisive, weak young President.

All thanks to 69 million Americans who thought health care is a national security issue and voted for him.

Biden was being gracious when he suggested there's be just one international crisis.

All the despots are coming out to play on the watch of the inexperienced, untested, indecisive, weak young President.

All thanks to 69 million Americans who thought health care is a national security issue and voted for him.

For goodness sake. They elected "a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America". No problem....

October 20, 2008

Being tested yet again

washingtonpost.com

Gee, that was a tough call on Biden's part huh? Considering we're at war in two nations and at odds with two others on a continuing basis over nukes (Iran and N Korea).

Captain Obvious should be proud of himself for going so far out on a limb.:cool:

October 20, 2008

Being tested yet again

washingtonpost.com

Gee, that was a tough call on Biden's part huh? Considering we're at war in two nations and at odds with two others on a continuing basis over nukes (Iran and N Korea).

Captain Obvious should be proud of himself for going so far out on a limb.:cool:

Probably just wants us to think he's clairvoyant....

October 20, 2008

Being tested yet again

washingtonpost.com

Hey, the sun's going to come up today. (If it doesn't, we won't know it):lol:

Hey, the sun's going to come up today. (If it doesn't, we won't know it):lol:

:lol:

Biden, being the colossal lightweight that he is, merely predicted what anyone with a small knowledge of history would have predicted as the most inexperienced and ostensibly naive presidential lightweights in US history took the helm. Biden could not implement a one-car funeral and is an embarrassment. How the decision to install him as VP reflects on The Prophet, I will leave with you.

Biden, being the colossal lightweight that he is, merely predicted what anyone with a small knowledge of history would have predicted as the most inexperienced and ostensibly naive presidential lightweights in US history took the helm. Biden could not implement a one-car funeral and is an embarrassment. How the decision to install him as VP reflects on The Prophet, I will leave with you.

Hmm.... And I was critical of Palin.... Why was it again?

Obama needs a phenominally weak VP to look strong. STILL isn't working.

No kidding, Amen to that!

Why wouldn't Obama be tested by many of these smaller regional powers or thorns? However I think it's safe to say the ones truly licking their chops are the two big ones, Russia and China!

As Obama is placed in a position to prove his manhood, they are slowly manipulating situations as best they can to take full advantage of him and my bet is, they play the game better than he and Hillary will.

And what does our prince do if Israel finally says enough is enough and actually takes steps to protect a real potential threat from Iran? A powder keg I doubt Obama is ready to deal with. Will Israel launch a preemptive strike? Good question. But if they do, you can bet they will strike hard enough to prevent retaliation!

Then of course we have our lovely economic situations and his wondrous spending plans for government to answer all of our needs.

What my logic is failing to comprehend is, if Obama's selection was primarily for foreign policy experience (because he, himself, had none, where in hell is Biden's expertise hiding? As was pointed out, the prediction was not one of a genius, and he certainly doesn't appear to be doing much in the "assist" category right now.

Every POTUS is tested by international problems, folks.

Biden knew this and reminded us that that would be the case.

And so it is...just as anyone with a clue knew would happen.

Forum List

Back