Biden won debate but Palin exceeded expectations

In your wildest dreams Biden won. Keep lying to yourself. Pinheads.

No one here is lying. I just posted a CNN link. Go ahead and find a FOX links to dispute that, as I am sure will shortly appear. It is only a matter of time.

No one here is lying. I just posted a CNN link. Go ahead and find a FOX links to dispute that, as I am sure will shortly appear. It is only a matter of time.

You did hear the peggy noonan thing didn't ya?

Then in other words.. you're saying "wahhhhhhhhhhhhh.. I suffer from BDS"

see... easy to put out a generalization, ain't it?

make that PMS they all seem to be afflicted this morning with Palin Madness Syndrome. We need funding for a clinic.......

After watching the debate I thought both candidates did a decent job.

Neither candidate will pull more voters to their side, but I also think neither candidate will push voters away. I know this was a big concern for many Repubs, but Palin handled herself just fine.

Both candidates made several mistatements and I don't think you can say one side was worse than the other in this area.

From the factcheck link provided earlier:

FactCheck.org: FactChecking Biden-Palin Debate

Of the gaffes listed, I think the bolded parts were the most serious.

Biden incorrectly said “John McCain voted the exact same way” as Obama on a controversial troop funding bill. The two were actually on opposite sides.

Palin repeated a false claim that Obama once voted in favor of higher taxes on “families” making as little as $42,000 a year. He did not. The budget bill in question called for an increase only on singles making that amount, but a family of four would not have been affected unless they made at least $90,000 a year.

Biden wrongly claimed that McCain “voted the exact same way” as Obama on the budget bill that contained an increase on singles making as little as $42,000 a year. McCain voted against it. Biden was referring to an amendment that didn't address taxes at that income level.

Palin claimed McCain’s health care plan would be “budget neutral,” costing the government nothing. Independent budget experts estimate McCain's plan would cost tens of billions each year, though details are too fuzzy to allow for exact estimates.

Biden wrongly claimed that McCain had said "he wouldn't even sit down" with the government of Spain. Actually, McCain didn't reject a meeting, but simply refused to commit himself one way or the other during an interview.

Palin wrongly claimed that “millions of small businesses” would see tax increases under Obama’s tax proposals. At most, several hundred thousand business owners would see increases.

Palin never answered the questions, she just read her talking points and winked.

I had to laugh though when one of her bangs got caught in her eyelash, and it kept bobbing up and down every time she blinked.

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman.....

Last edited:
Palin never answered the questions, she just read her talking points and winked.

I had to laugh though when one of her bangs got caught in her eyelash, and it kept bobbing up and down every time she blinked.

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman.....

She just didn't answer the questions the way the liberal moderator and the liberal opponent wanted, you sexist asshole.

She just didn't answer the questions the way the liberal moderator and the liberal opponent wanted, you sexist asshole.

Speaking of talking points....

Like you give a shit about "sexism."

Don't make me laugh.

did we watch the same debate?

Yes, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Palin, whose answers basically amounted to a nothing much, since the woman is obviously over her head and truly doesn't have a clue about issues, didn't confuse people by answering the questions.

Biden, who actually knows something and therefore answered the questions put before him, confused the easily confuable with facts.

We see the same sort of thing playing out on this board all the time.

Ya got to give it to the Republicans, they know their audience.

Yes, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Palin, whose answers basically amounted to a nothing much, since the woman is obviously over her head and truly doesn't have a clue about issues, didn't confuse people by answering the questions.

Biden, who actually knows something and therefore answered the questions put before him, confused the easily confuable with facts.

We see the same sort of thing playing out on this board all the time.

Ya got to give it to the Republicans, they know their audience.

Those are complete subjective opinions based on a preconceived notion about Palin before you even watched the debate....

Biden did not worry about facts... he tried to make many of them up along the way to fit his story... but since you have an extreme bias, that fact means nothing to you....
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, indeed....

If by facts you mean outright lies, sure. Biden made so many false accusations about McCain's voting record, about his own support of McCain, and about his own disapproval of Obama.

Those are complete subjective opinions based on a preconceived notion about Palin before you even watched the debate....

Biden did not worry about facts... he tried to make many of them up along the way to fit his story... but since you have an extreme bias, that fact means nothing to you....

and as the factcheck link shows, palin made up facts as well. but it doesnt matter that she did that, right? only that biden was wrong

absolutely, did you see the asshole deny saying this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rXyTRT-NZg]YouTube - Joe Biden on Renewables and Coal in Maumee, OH[/ame]

Biden did not deny saying that. He said it was taken out of context. And if you listen to what he is saying and consider the context and environment when he said it, it's obvious that what he was saying is we're not only supporting clean coal. He goes on to mention the dirty coal in china which makes since if you are trying to get the idea across that you support alternative energy, but you cannot eliminate coal use- even if you could in the U.S., China would still be polluting the environment. So, along with cleaner alternative energy, you have to be able to use clean coal technology to help out as well. That's a complicated point to make in rope line where you can barely hear. Taking stuff like this is ridiculous. Anyone who uses this as an attack on Biden should not defend Palin blatantly violating McCain's rule on talking about Pakistan plans out loud at the Cheese-steak place. If you do, then you're being inconsistent and intellectually dishonest.

Forum List

Back