Biden won debate but Palin exceeded expectations

Sounds reasonable cause it's accurate.

my favorite Biden response was about how no one could say that he didn't know what it was like to be a single parent.

of course, no one had said that or anything remotely like it, but he had to work it into the debate somehow.

Does it strike anyone else as odd that our expectations for the person who could be president one day need to be considered at all?

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to continue the same economic policies that are destroying the middle class in America.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j56i15Wdgok]YouTube - Mccain Caught Lying(exposed on youtube) Worst Nightmare[/ame]

my favorite Biden response was about how no one could say that he didn't know what it was like to be a single parent.

of course, no one had said that or anything remotely like it, but he had to work it into the debate somehow.

I think the lead in was that he didn't "get it"... you know, what it was like for real people.

And how many times did Palin use the word maverick? My favorite part was when he schmooshed her on that.

I know lots of people who were hoping that she would have to slink back to Alaska after the debate. Me, not being into schadenfreude, didn't wish that on her. But I think the bar was set so low for her that all she had to do was not have a moment they could take verbatim and use in an SNL skit to survive. The public's view of Biden is that he is very capable now.

So, what I figure is that it's now up to McCain to pull himself back up during the next two debates...

Bigger stories... that he gave up in Michegan and the bill that's going to go to the house today.

But at least sarah won't be the story for him anymore.

I think the lead in was that he didn't "get it"... you know, what it was like for real people.

And how many times did Palin use the word maverick? My favorite part was when he schmooshed her on that.

I know lots of people who were hoping that she would have to slink back to Alaska after the debate. Me, not being into schadenfreude, didn't wish that on her. But I think the bar was set so low for her that all she had to do was not have a moment they could take verbatim and use in an SNL skit to survive. The public's view of Biden is that he is very capable now.

So, what I figure is that it's now up to McCain to pull himself back up during the next two debates...

Bigger stories... that he gave up in Michegan and the bill that's going to go to the house today.

But at least sarah won't be the story for him anymore.

which reminds me. i have to incorporate my wooden arrow business this morning. in American Samoa. WTF is that about?

Another "debate" which put me to sleep.

Having not wasted my time I declare myself the official winner of the debates.

She didn't fall on her face, or look like an idiot. That's a pretty low threshold to pass.

She said many things that were false or innaccurate, she didn't answer many of Gwen Ifil's questions, and she was very substance-free and stuck to rhetoric and talking points. Many of her answers were meandering, off topic, and didn't make much sense.

Biden looked emminently qualified to be prez, and demonstrated a mastery of subject matter, and clearly has a sharp intellect.

I would say she did well enough for a debate for a city council or something. But she did not look presidential at all.

But, I agree, she didn't totally suck. She managed to not look like a fool. And she is able to project a pretty good personality.

She stuck to the talking points they gave her. Not always used correctly.

She has a "gomer pyle" manner that seems to please some people. I personally don't want Gomer in the Whitehouse.

Big Gaffe made before ana again last night. I don't know the causes of the global warming, but we are going to fix it.

How? You dont' know the causesl

Plus she dumped all over George. She kept saying let's not go back to the past. Today is not the past. The current economic crisis is the present. Deal with it.

I did love her little winky do at the end and her holding her baby.:spam:

I would not say Biden "won" the debate. I think Palin drove the points home and did better, but then again I am a conservative. People on the left will almost inherently think Biden won. I think that unlike Biden, Palin improved her standing of favorability and her position on whether she is capable to serve as VP.

Both had their flubs and misleadings. But neither really made any serious mistakes. I also think that neither really swayed any votes to the other side of the fence. Depending on what you are/were looking for, both could have swayed a few undecided voters, but not many. I don't think either had the kind of mind blowing performance needed to change the direction of the race right now.

Biden did NOT look like he was ready to step in as Prez... he looked like yet another Washington insider politician, saying exactly what he wanted to say to follow his script.

The best sound bites probably came from Palin. She talked to middle America and kept it 'folksy' (as some reporter put it on the news this morning). 'Say it ain't so Joe', had to be the soundbite of the night.

As for the polls... FUCK the polls... polls mean squat... there are polls out there that show Biden won, there are polls that show Palin won... there are polls showing that she improved her image... there are polls that show she did not.... per usual, polls are a bunch of SHIT

Last edited:
We should have come to the conclusion by now that Palin is a "walking soundbite." If she is given the opportunity to study for a debate or interview, she will be fine. But if she has to answer questions in an impromtu setting, she doesn't do very well. I think it is "a matter concerning gray matter" or lack thereof.

Wow, I think I'm on a roll this morning! Friday's do that to me! Call me a 21st Century Bennet Serf. How many of you old timers remember him?

We should have come to the conclusion by now that Palin is a "walking soundbite." If she is given the opportunity to study for a debate or interview, she will be fine. But if she has to answer questions in an impromtu setting, she doesn't do very well. I think it is "a matter concerning gray matter" or lack thereof.

Wow, I think I'm on a roll this morning! Friday's do that to me! Call me a 21st Century Bennet Serf. How many of you old timers remember him?

it's Cerf. and you'd better hope not many remember him.

She stuck to the talking points they gave her. Not always used correctly.

She has a "gomer pyle" manner that seems to please some people. I personally don't want Gomer in the Whitehouse.

Big Gaffe made before ana again last night. I don't know the causes of the global warming, but we are going to fix it.

How? You dont' know the causesl

Plus she dumped all over George. She kept saying let's not go back to the past. Today is not the past. The current economic crisis is the present. Deal with it.

I did love her little winky do at the end and her holding her baby.:spam:

So what does cause it? And please show me a scientific study that enforces your belief... By the way reports have shown that the earth has cooled since 1998...just FYI.

Globe may be cooling on Global Warming | ScrippsNews

I remember him from "What's my Line"

Founder of Random House, and one of the cleverest wags in the 20th century.

"The Detroit String Quartet played Brahms last night. Brahms lost.”

Well if the dems are lucky, maybe ACORN will finally pull off their voter fraud this time.If not, the dems are going to be in shock screaming, " BUT THE POLLS SAID, BUT THE POLLS SAID, BUT THE POLLS SAID". I think it happens every four years or so.:rolleyes:

My Bad! Very good! I read a couple of his books as a kid. I guess I better research him before I claim some type of similarity concerning fravolity....eh...(Palin soundbite)

Forum List

Back