Biden Trying To Out-do Obama?

Burp

Always carry, never tell
Jan 22, 2009
In the "less than truthful" department.

Vice President Joe Biden may have engaged in some revisionist history Tuesday when he said during an interview on CNN: "I remember President Bush saying to me one time in the Oval Office... 'well Joe,' he said, 'I'm a leader.' And I said, 'Mr. President, turn around look behind you. No one is following.'"

Biden has repeated similar stories in the past. But a number of former Bush aides dispute his assertions. Former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer tells FOX: "I never recall Biden saying any of that." Former White House chief of staff Andy Card says: "This does not ring true to me. I doubt that it happened." Former White House political adviser and current FOX News contributor Karl Rove adds: "I remember checking on such a Biden exaggeration while at the White House and no one witnessed the meeting and his comments in remotely the same way."

A spokesman for the vice president says he stands by his remarks.

FOXNews.com - Another Tall Tale From VP Joe Biden - Special Report w/ Bret Baier

Biden is such a joke - if we had a media even remotely non partisan he would be deemed worse than Danforth Quayle.

Joe Biden is an absolute schmuck - and as such, is representative of a large portion of the Democrat leadership.

Basically we have a he said, she said situation and there's no way one can tell with any certainty who the liar is.

Forum List

Back