Biden Trying To Out-do Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Burp, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Burp

Burp Always carry, never tell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193
    In the "less than truthful" department.

Vice President Joe Biden may have engaged in some revisionist history Tuesday when he said during an interview on CNN: "I remember President Bush saying to me one time in the Oval Office... 'well Joe,' he said, 'I'm a leader.' And I said, 'Mr. President, turn around look behind you. No one is following.'"

Biden has repeated similar stories in the past. But a number of former Bush aides dispute his assertions. Former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer tells FOX: "I never recall Biden saying any of that." Former White House chief of staff Andy Card says: "This does not ring true to me. I doubt that it happened." Former White House political adviser and current FOX News contributor Karl Rove adds: "I remember checking on such a Biden exaggeration while at the White House and no one witnessed the meeting and his comments in remotely the same way."

A spokesman for the vice president says he stands by his remarks.

FOXNews.com - Another Tall Tale From VP Joe Biden - Special Report w/ Bret Baier

2. Indiana Oracle

Indiana Oracle The Truth is Hard to Find

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Slow Joe. as he is known in his state, could not implement a one-car funeral. He is a blowhard peacock, one brick shy of a load

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Biden is such a joke - if we had a media even remotely non partisan he would be deemed worse than Danforth Quayle.

Joe Biden is an absolute schmuck - and as such, is representative of a large portion of the Democrat leadership.

4. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    maybe that was why he was picked
    to take the heat off Obama's flubs

5. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    Basically we have a he said, she said situation and there's no way one can tell with any certainty who the liar is.