Biden Trying to Give Kerry's Foreign Policy Legs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Not going to work:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110005608

Interesting that the senior senator on foreign affairs, could so seriously be confused between knee jerk platitudes and actual recognition of a problem. The people of our country, were not so easily persuaded. Interesting too, that Biden, who has been a 'serious government servant' for so many years, seems to be ignoring all the attacks the US had ignored, to it's folly, during the years he could have acted?
    We will have to wait for history, since the story has yet to be finished, much less writ. :rolleyes:
    While this must surely resonate with Jimmy Carter, just HOW would a government sponsored volunteer service have shifterd the burden from the soldier to the general population? I mean there is plenty to volunteer for, just lost on how my helping restore prarie grass and flowers, is going to help the guy in Kabul or a grieving family member?
    This is nonsensical. We had been working within the UN framework for how many years? It was a US president that enforced the decision to keep the US forces out of Baghdad in Gulf War I, for the best of intentions, if also the worst of results. After the UN passed yet another resolution regarding Iraq, which President and Secretary of State, made personal appearances at the UN, in an attempt to build consensus? The UN wanted to prolong the crisis indefinately, led by the imam Blix.

I guess that was his Einstein moment.
    Not really, I noticed Libya and others more quietly, routing out terrorists and purging the WMD and terrorists from their lands.
    Logic failure. Have to buy the first argument to go onto the second. I know that we are not more alone, we've just unloaded some dead weight and forged new alliances with future leading countries from areas like Eastern Europe. I mean we, the US are standing with Turkey and more quietly with other moderate Islamic states, while the likes of France embrace the radical Islamicist regimes.

Like the Kerry-Edwards 'plan' that is now a 'secret' this is quite loud in rhetoric but devoid of specifics.

I will admit I thought this was a mistake, but only in the sense of if the administration had picked it up, we would have seen how it was an impossible situation to move quickly in Afganistan, which we were able to do without the acceptance.
    Well just silly, France and German troops have neither the weapons, nor trained troops to work with US on the battlefield of the 21st C., thusfar...

That's not true, the Congressional backing of the resolution was nearly unanimous and bi-partisan by definition.

Another fallacious arguement, there was no scenario where 'the world' ie France and Germany, China and Russia, were going to join us on the ground or in the coffers of rebuilding Iraq. There is no scenario Kerry, Biden, the Democrats can come up with that would bring them in either.

Not what was said at the time or for years. Most persuavsively by Clinton led arguments in 1998.

Shit! We hit Iran, NK, and Dafur and I missed it! Dang this administration is able to keep secrets! Now we are running India, Pakistan and Russia, and no one let us know? Bush should be crowned king, for sure!

Again, sounds like we have to trust the 'secret plan.' No details, just rhetoric. I especially like the 'expose lies' considering the problems of the chief DNC network cheerleader!

Sorry, for 'no one' my brain just jumps to, 'everyone should doubt...'

I guess without a 'country' we should just take the individuals to court, preferably the 'WCC' which maybe along with Kyoto, Kerry has promised a signature for all those foreign leader endorsements. I'm sure Putin is considering signing, as soon as he is done with his new, more sensitive reorganization in his own country.

Again with non-specific but European appealing rhetoric. I really used to admire Biden...my bad, I guess...

WTF? Stop with the technology?

Again, what? Perhaps we should become candlemakers and blacksmiths?
    Now that was a segue, geez what the hell? All now thrown against the wall, is any sticking?

Another freaking weird transition, the presumed stupidity of his audience is becoming crystal clear.
    Based on what, Mr. Biden?
    How? BEFORE a conflict assumes the conflict will not begin, until the 'post-conflict' is resolved, if I am following his logic. SO, we would still not be in Afghanistan? I guess the most logical question to the esteemed Senator would be his/Democratic post-reconstruction to dealing with NK or Iran if their actions would indicate that the US has no choice but to act, of course AFTER they develop the POST CONFLICT PLAN, pretty difficult unless one has contract with a crystal ball...

Assume the actor here would be Iran, the clock is ticking Mr. Biden, what has Congress put forth? The Senate Foreign Relations committee? Yourself?

2. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Kathianne, Awesome job on the comments!!! :bow2: :bow2:
    Now, what does this mean?
    What's the new program?
    Treated with respect? Come on! And we're not the only ones fighting in this fight, we have old allies and new friends fighting with us.
    Kathianne, again, great job on the comments!!

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    USA, first, thank you. Now it seems that you are looking for answers, where none exist! That's the beauty of the article, it goes on and on, while saying virtually nothing!

Service at home, voluntary or not, will not change a thing with those that are determined to our extermination. Maybe clean streams will piss them off, but it won't change their minds.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,146
    I almost hope Biden gets involved in this alittle more. Biden has been one of the Senators advocating the draft and he will probably scare quite a number of people away from Kerry.

5. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    :thewave:

We need more fiskings like this, thanks Kathianne!

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Thanks! ~blush~ :beer: