Biden travels to Iraq to mark end of U.S. combat mission

Biden voted for Iraq war in 2002. He voted YES on authorizing use of military force against Iraq.

• On Meet the Press in 2007, on Hussein’s WMDs Biden stated: “Well, the point is, it turned out they didn’t, but everyone in the world thought he had them. The weapons inspectors said he had them. He catalogued — they catalogued them. This was not some, some Cheney, you know, pipe dream. This was, in fact, catalogued.”

Only later did Biden became a war critic.

Biden voted YES on redeploying US troops out of Iraq by March 2008.

• But Biden said to the Brookings Institution in 2005: “We can call it quits and withdraw from Iraq. I think that would be a gigantic mistake. Or we can set a deadline for pulling out, which I fear will only encourage our enemies to wait us out — equally a mistake.”

• No one has fought harder to change Bush's policy [than I have Biden said]. Matter of fact, the very language that was vetoed in the bill was language that I and, along with Senator Levin, put in, and I suggested over a year ago in a proposal I laid forward, that is, start to draw down troops immediately, have them all out by '08.

Biden sponsored a resolution opposing the troop surge: no military escalation in Iraq. (Jan 2007)

• On Meet the Press, January 7, 2007, Biden assessing the proposal of a surge of troops to Iraq: “If he surges another 20, 30, or whatever number he’s going to, into Baghdad, it’ll be a tragic mistake, in my view, but, as a practical matter, there’s no way to say, ‘Mr. President, stop.’”

• Sponsor's introductory remarks: Sen. BIDEN: This bipartisan resolution opposes the President's plan to escalate the war in Iraq. This resolution says what we and many of our colleagues, Democrats and Republicans, are against: deepening America's military involvement in Iraq by escalating our troop presence. Just as important, it says what we and many of our colleagues are for: a strategy that can produce a political settlement in Iraq. That's the only way to stop Shiites and Sunnis from killing each other and allow our troops to leave Iraq without leaving chaos behind.

Way to go Joe, get in their and claim credit for victory.

Reference :

Joe Biden on the Issues

Joe Biden on War & Peace

‘Just Words’ That Joe Biden Would Like To Forget - Article - National Review Online

Last edited:
The irony is the fact that Biden and Obama attempt to take credit for something they were both adamantly opposed to.
I fail to see where either Obama or Biden has taken credit for starting the war that they adamantly oppose. Unless you are suggesting that as the current administration they should not take credit for attempting to end this juggernaut. I suppose you would have it that the sitting president and vice president sit back and do nothing (neglect their duties) just because they opposed this abortion to begin with? No way, so those reports that "combat troops have left" are true?
The credit, the full credit goes to those that had a clear vision at the onset and fought to see it through, despite the left's best efforts to the contrary.
That would of course be president Bush, who pretty much knew full well that he would not be seeing it through, and even stated that it would be the next administration's job to end this. The next administration is the Obama administration, FYI. As for a clear vision at the onset, no one at the onset could foresee how things would end up nearly 8 years later...

Clear visionaries being the likes of Donald "you fight with the army you have, not the army you want" Rumsfeld who was fired by Bush half way into this.

In short, what the heck are you talking about? Where are the WMD's? :eusa_hand:

I never said that they took credit for starting the war. Reading comprehension escapes you huh? Fact is the war is going per Bush's policy all Obama had to do and did was follow the plan that was laid out.

Not true, the objective was clear at the beginning which was "regime change" and that has been accomplished. What is left is staying their until Iraq can defend itself not only from elements within the country but from other nations like Iran that would surely take advantage of a weakened democracy. There will be 50 thousand troops left behind, of those 50 20 thousand will continue to go on raids advising and assisting the Iraqis. They aren't being called 'combat troops", yet they will still engage in combat duty.

Read more here.
So what are you whining about then? Or are you just whining for the sake of whining because Obama and Biden are in power while all of this is happening?:eusa_whistle:

Baghdad, Iraq (CNN) -- Vice President Joe Biden arrived in Iraq on Monday to participate in a ceremony marking the end of the U.S. combat mission there, according to the White House.
He was greeted in Baghdad by U.S. Ambassador Jim Jeffrey, outgoing U.S. commander Gen. Ray Odierno and Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari.

Biden travels to Iraq to mark end of U.S. combat mission - CNN.com

Shit!!!
The idiot is going to say something stupid and we'll have to send them all back in again. Damnit!!!! :eusa_wall:

I fail to see where either Obama or Biden has taken credit for starting the war that they adamantly oppose. Unless you are suggesting that as the current administration they should not take credit for attempting to end this juggernaut. I suppose you would have it that the sitting president and vice president sit back and do nothing (neglect their duties) just because they opposed this abortion to begin with? No way, so those reports that "combat troops have left" are true? That would of course be president Bush, who pretty much knew full well that he would not be seeing it through, and even stated that it would be the next administration's job to end this. The next administration is the Obama administration, FYI. As for a clear vision at the onset, no one at the onset could foresee how things would end up nearly 8 years later...

Clear visionaries being the likes of Donald "you fight with the army you have, not the army you want" Rumsfeld who was fired by Bush half way into this.

In short, what the heck are you talking about? Where are the WMD's? :eusa_hand:

I never said that they took credit for starting the war. Reading comprehension escapes you huh? Fact is the war is going per Bush's policy all Obama had to do and did was follow the plan that was laid out.

Not true, the objective was clear at the beginning which was "regime change" and that has been accomplished. What is left is staying their until Iraq can defend itself not only from elements within the country but from other nations like Iran that would surely take advantage of a weakened democracy. There will be 50 thousand troops left behind, of those 50 20 thousand will continue to go on raids advising and assisting the Iraqis. They aren't being called 'combat troops", yet they will still engage in combat duty.

Read more here.
So what are you whining about then? Or are you just whining for the sake of whining because Obama and Biden are in power while all of this is happening?:eusa_whistle:

I leave the whining to you left wing idiots. You all seem to be masters at it.

I'll celebrate when ALL of them come home, I won't be a bit surprised if we get an "extention" on that happening next year or that the troops have to go back. I pray that I am wrong.

There's a word that comes to mind for people who can never see a positive in anything ever, unless it serves their own selfish ends, because they are so blinded by their own narcissism:

Sociopaths.

How did the war serve the people of Iraq?

I have no idea since Saddam was such a peace-loving gentle tyrant. I mean it's not like he killed hundreds of thousands of his own people or anything.

How many did we kill? How many did we take their houses from them?

Watch this, and educate yourself. We didn't make their life any better, and we were never there to liberate them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPEX0PnV-LU]YouTube - Talk to an Iraqi - This American Life - Showtime: PART 1/2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPfLdxEr0jk&feature=related]YouTube - Talk to an Iraqi - This American Life - Showtime: PART 2/2[/ame]

Forum List

Back