Biden, that man is on fire...

Biden is a tough buy. He tells it like it is, whether the GOP or the Dems like it. He knows foreign policy as well as anyone and he knows there the hot spots are in the work.

One more thing...he is not "Darth Vader" "Uncle Fester" Chaney.

Jim, comparing Darth Vader and Uncle Fester to Dick Cheney would be a insult to those two great characters. :lol:

$cheney-dfmtn.jpg

You know to hear some democrats talk you would think , that the great migration from "grapes of wrath" are comming to california to pick fruit again. So you want some comparisons. Alright lets compare.

Carter Administration 21% interest rate 18% inflation 11% unemployment
Reagan Administration 12.5% interest rate 11.83% inflation 7.5% unemployment
Bush Administration 11.2% interest rate 5.21% inflation 7.9% unemployment
Clinton Asministration 6.2% interest rate 5.31% inflation 7.4% high 3.9% low
Current Bush 6.2% interest rate 4.28% inflation 6.1% high 3.9% low

*figures based on historical data from US gov. DES

Now yes, there is a mortgage crisis in this country, and yes there are many markets in this country that are glutted with homes that cannot sale. However, to listen to the democrats you would think this was the great depression. Get over it , banks fail, people make bad home buying decisions, mortgage companies over extend, you think this is suddenly a new concept? The growth rate in this country is the best it's ever been, yes, fuel is prices are all over the place, but why is that? perhaps over regulation, over protection of the environment at the expense of the economy? The bottom line is this, the jobless rate in this country at 6.1% is hardly a sky is falling jobless rate. it has been much much higher in the past and as even spiked at times above 15%. What you dont hear is this that over 90% of the homehowners out there continue to pay their mortgages ontime every month *DES* without fail. I can agree the economy is slowing down yes, but to hear some democrats speak you would think that , we were in a crisis as big as the next depression. A crisis is 1979 when you have a 21% interst rate on your mortgage and an average 11% unemployment rate.

I will give you this though, it's a tried and true tactic the democratic party has used for years, scare the seniors, "they are going to take away your social security", scare the young people, " you have no future the economy is bad", and scare the middle class, "things are not as good as they used to be". Rather than resort to this old tactic in a new wrapper, and phrases "change", why not just come up with a real soultion for the problems and work with both parties to solve them.

You know to hear some democrats talk you would think , that the great migration from "grapes of wrath" are comming to california to pick fruit again. So you want some comparisons. Alright lets compare.

Now yes, there is a mortgage crisis in this country, and yes there are many markets in this country that are glutted with homes that cannot sale. However, to listen to the democrats you would think this was the great depression. Get over it , banks fail, people make bad home buying decisions, mortgage companies over extend, you think this is suddenly a new concept? The growth rate in this country is the best it's ever been, yes, fuel is prices are all over the place, but why is that? perhaps over regulation, over protection of the environment at the expense of the economy? The bottom line is this, the jobless rate in this country at 6.1% is hardly a sky is falling jobless rate. it has been much much higher in the past and as even spiked at times above 15%. What you dont hear is this that over 90% of the homehowners out there continue to pay their mortgages ontime every month *DES* without fail. I can agree the economy is slowing down yes, but to hear some democrats speak you would think that , we were in a crisis as big as the next depression. A crisis is 1979 when you have a 21% interst rate on your mortgage and an average 11% unemployment rate.

I will give you this though, it's a tried and true tactic the democratic party has used for years, scare the seniors, "they are going to take away your social security", scare the young people, " you have no future the economy is bad", and scare the middle class, "things are not as good as they used to be". Rather than resort to this old tactic in a new wrapper, and phrases "change", why not just come up with a real soultion for the problems and work with both parties to solve them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiOVNWoWTAU]YouTube - Hate your Credit Card Bills? MAXED OUT - NOW ON DVD[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5L-5geMUjo&feature=related]YouTube - My favorite parts of the new movie I'm in: MAXED OUT[/ame]

http://www.maxedoutmovie.com/

2nd link only goes to 2:15 or so,

Here's a list of movie clips to the movie.

http://www.maxedoutmovie.com/clips/index.html

Last edited:

You make a great argument. Two things:

1) The economy is in really bad shape but the Bush administrion has done a great job of walking the tight rope and stopping the worst from exploding on the scene. The Fed is basically propping up the major business section of the country. How long they can do that I do not know.

2) If the Republicans want to scream all the time about how evil government is then the Dems have everey right to say that popular government programs are threatened by this party of kill the government.

thanks for showing yourself to be a sexist who can't actually defend your ideas and statements when confronted by a woman...

You didn't say what major decision does ANY Senator make by themselves, you asked specifically about Mr. Biden, hence giving the impression that you believe this is something unique to Mr. Biden himself and not a bi-product of working in an atmosphere were majority rules.

NO, but she or he was clear originally that it was not an attack question, but rather an honest request for more info on Biden.

I don't know, I do know he came up with a plan to reduce civil unrest in Iraq that involved dividing the country into three sections. The plan was dismissed quickly, maybe for good reason, but I was impressed that he at least was willing to do something when everyone calls the democrats the party with no ideas.

Anyway, I don't know much about the sorts of decisions senaotrs make. I was trying to say that plagiarism so long ago (and to my mind a minimal example of it) is not really a deal breaker, actually by any stretch of the imagination, especially given that he credited the original guy on other occasions, that's all.

Nice youtube Video Robert, but you know the one thing I see when I watch it? if someone is maxed out on their credit card who's fault is that? the credit card companies? I felt bad for the woman who was swamped with deby like she was, however, and not to seem cruel , but it seems that a lot of people in debt like that need to learn a little responsible spending, rather than seeing the credit card as instant access to free money.

I didn't ask about ANY US Senator, because I wasn't interested in ANY US Senator. The fact that you are incapable of reading for comprehension really isn't my problem, is it? and an accusation of sexism is weak and not worthy of any response.

you called me Frances.... might as well have called me sweetie or honey....you also referenced that I must be hyperventilating (ie hysterical female)....

but why were you interested in a response if you ALREADY knew that NO U.S. Senator has made a major decision by him/herself?

what you're saying is it was a disingenuous remark meant to insinuate that Mr. Biden hadn't done something that he should've done or been able to do and we, as his supporters should be able to provide examples in support of same.... and when we can't that's your proof that he's not qualified to be VP....

I think your problem is that my reading comprehension is better than you'd like and I saw through your typical Con bullshit of making snide remarks laced with factual inaccuracies or misrepresentations.

Joe Biden also spearheaded the Violence Against Women Act... major laws were enacted and millions of women's lives have probably been saved through that one action alone.

Last edited:
NO, but she or he was clear originally that it was not an attack question, but rather an honest request for more info on Biden.

I don't know, I do know he came up with a plan to reduce civil unrest in Iraq that involved dividing the country into three sections. The plan was dismissed quickly, maybe for good reason, but I was impressed that he at least was willing to do something when everyone calls the democrats the party with no ideas.

Anyway, I don't know much about the sorts of decisions senaotrs make. I was trying to say that plagiarism so long ago (and to my mind a minimal example of it) is not really a deal breaker, actually by any stretch of the imagination, especially given that he credited the original guy on other occasions, that's all.

Dividing the country into three sections is least a idea at this point. Even if we leave tomorrow, there will be a civil war still in that country.

(Though I do realize that these groups will just fight to take over the other groups parts of lands if it was split up.)

It will probably and most likely never end.

Want a really good example?

Israel/Palestine conflict that's been going on techinally since 1917 but really since the aftermath of World War II.

I really don't want to see our troops playing babysitter in this for the next sixty plus years.

thank you. I understand your point, and while I don't necessarily agree with it, it is a valid position, IMO.

you called me Frances.... might as well have called me sweetie or honey....lighten up Frances is a line from an old movie, it means get a sense of humor, so lighten up alreadyyou also referenced that I must be hyperventilating (ie hysterical female)....yes, only females hyperventilate, a major study at the Harvard School of Medicine came out last week

but why were you interested in a response if you ALREADY knew that NO U.S. Senator has made a major decision by him/herself? I never said no US Senator had made a major decision, I wanted to know what major decisions JB has made

what you're saying is it was a disingenuous remark meant to insinuate that Mr. Biden hadn't done something that he should've done or been able to do and we, as his supporters should be able to provide examples in support of same.... and when we can't that's your proof that he's not qualified to be VP.... I never said he wasn't qualified, in fact I think he's eminently qualified to be VP

I think your problem is that my reading comprehension is better than you'd like and I saw through your typical Con bullshitstereotype much? of making snide remarks laced with factual inaccuracies or misrepresentations.what inaccuracies or misrepresentations did I make? I asked a question.

Joe Biden also spearheaded the Violence Against Women Act... major laws were enacted and millions of women's lives have probably been saved through that one action alone.probably

lighten up, Frank

Biden is a tough buy. He tells it like it is, whether the GOP or the Dems like it. He knows foreign policy as well as anyone and he knows there the hot spots are in the work.

One more thing...he is not "Darth Vader" "Uncle Fester" Chaney.

Palin!!,Palin!!,Palin!!:lol:

She will make Biden look like Bob Dole in the debates...

Joe Biden, 36 years in the Senate, and still no one likes him enough to vote for him.

He comes from a small state. Most Presidents have come from large states (and mostly southern or mid-western states). Despite his stellar record, many Americans had never heard of him because he's from Delaware which never receives much national attention. In fact. you'd be surprised how many Americans don't even know it's a state! I'm from there originally (and I actually know Joe quite well, personally). I've had people say, "oh yeh Delaware, isn't that in Maryland?" when I say I'm from there.

He was uniquely qualified for the Dem nomination (and I voted for him in the Primary).

Palin!!,Palin!!,Palin!!:lol:

She will make Biden look like Bob Dole in the debates...

Funny how you'll easily mock Bob Dole.

If John McCain loses, will you mock him 12 years from now too?

(Can't believe he just techinally defended Bob Dole. What has this world come to?)

Nice youtube Video Robert, but you know the one thing I see when I watch it? if someone is maxed out on their credit card who's fault is that? the credit card companies? I felt bad for the woman who was swamped with deby like she was, however, and not to seem cruel , but it seems that a lot of people in debt like that need to learn a little responsible spending, rather than seeing the credit card as instant access to free money.

Navy, you need to watch the movie really. Trust me, it will change your opinion greatly or least show you another POV.

I did watch it Robert, the two you posted, I'm not a heartless bastard, I was just making an obervation. While, I felt bad for those people, the one thing that struck me, was, responsibility, who's responsibility is it to make sure that you don't run up all that credit card debt? The Credit Card companies? At some point an individual has to take some responsibility to manage their budget. The one thing I will concede to you though is that the credit card companies do have an obligation not to extend credit to people who have no ability to pay.

Funny how you'll easily mock Bob Dole.

If John McCain loses, will you mock him 12 years from now too?

(Can't believe he just techinally defended Bob Dole. What has this world come to?)

No I'm not a blind partisan, I thought Bob Dole was a dry uninspiring candidate.

I did watch it Robert, the two you posted, I'm not a heartless bastard, I was just making an obervation. While, I felt bad for those people, the one thing that struck me, was, responsibility, who's responsibility is it to make sure that you don't run up all that credit card debt? The Credit Card companies? At some point an individual has to take some responsibility to manage their budget. The one thing I will concede to you though is that the credit card companies do have an obligation not to extend credit to people who have no ability to pay.

I meant the full movie in general. Unless that's what you mean and not just the two I posted.

I agree that some people purposely abuse credit cards but that's not what the movie is about.

No I'm not a blind partisan, I thought Bob Dole was a dry uninspiring candidate.

I see, my mistake then. I'm willing to admit if I'm wrong.

I read a couple books about Bob Dole, his life, his time in the Kansas senate,etc. Quite a scary guy and can't imagine what would happen to this country if he had gotten elected.

I see, my mistake then. I'm willing to admit if I'm wrong.

I read a couple books about Bob Dole, his life, his time in the Kansas senate,etc. Quite a scary guy and can't imagine what would happen to this country if he had gotten elected.

Agreed....

Forum List

Back